Check your account email address ×

Lawsuit filed against Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen challenging debt limit law as congressional standoff threatens default

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

The dems made the abortion issue out of something it wasn't.  It is a state issue.  The states are the ones that need to address abortion, the feds proved they couldn't do that for the last 40+ years.  But it proved to work for them as c2c and you both were convinced it was woman's rights being taken away, when in fact it was moving the issue to states rather than feds, nothing more.

So abortion is a state issue but a pipeline belonging to a foreign country isn't?

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Every dem will vote to raise the debt limit, as it stands now the rep. won't, but hopefully they come to their senses and vote to raise it, just like they did before, and if they don't they will pay a price at election time.  Spending cuts and raising the debt ceiling are actually 2 separate issues.

NOPE, this is a way to cut spending.  Simple as that.  And everyone wants that, right?

25 minutes ago, racer254 said:

NOPE, this is a way to cut spending.  Simple as that.  And everyone wants that, right?

Well if the reps.  are dumb enough to follow through and not pass the bill it will cost far more in the end, both in monetary costs and politically.  

So are you worried about spending again? 

Just now, 1jkw said:

Well if the reps.  are dumb enough to follow through and not pass the bill it will cost far more in the end, both in monetary costs and politically.  

So are you worried about spending again? 

Your not?

Just now, racer254 said:

Ok, so why are you worried about the debt ceiling then?

Because of the consequences of not raising it, something everyone should worry about.

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

An honest answer, something  you never give.

And never a thought to cutting wasteful and frivolous spending, do you have a guardian to manage you finances?

4 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

And never a thought to cutting wasteful and frivolous spending, do you have a guardian to manage you finances?

Everyone wants to cut spending, except when there actually is a bill to cut spending.  Why are these middle class people all of sudden against spending cuts?  Constantly deflecting and siding with democrats when they DONT want to cut spending.

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

In my lifetime the ones that cry most about spending actually raise the debt and deficit most, and I have multiple FA's and haven't done any stock trading on my own in years,  always lived within my means.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

In my lifetime the ones that cry most about spending actually raise the debt and deficit most, and I have multiple FA's and haven't done any stock trading on my own in years,  always lived within my means.

So why not now? And I doubt you run your personal finances like you want the government to ..

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

The dems made the abortion issue out of something it wasn't.  It is a state issue.  The states are the ones that need to address abortion, the feds proved they couldn't do that for the last 40+ years.  But it proved to work for them as c2c and you both were convinced it was woman's rights being taken away, when in fact it was moving the issue to states rather than feds, nothing more.

whoa ... stop the bus here for a moment. 

remember that election we recently had and got a liberal on our state supreme court you were crying and complaining about?  had R v W not been overturned we might have never gotten stuck with her... because it went back to the state and our abortion laws are from 1849 and women in Wisconsin aren't having it and you can move your frustrations with our state court straight to Mitch, Trump and the US supreme court republicans always wanted.   Great job 👍 

out of state license plates... :lmao:

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

whoa ... stop the bus here for a moment. 

remember that election we recently had and got a liberal on our state supreme court you were crying and complaining about?  had R v W not been overturned we might have never gotten stuck with her... because it went back to the state and our abortion laws are from 1849 and women in Wisconsin aren't having it and you can move your frustrations with our state court straight to Mitch, Trump and the US supreme court republicans always wanted.   Great job 👍 

out of state license plates... :lmao:

Can you imagine if the federal government could have done something about this in the last 40 years.  And yes, out of state plates are more prevalent when elections are close.  Sorry if you don't see the obvious.

Edited by racer254
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So why not now? And I doubt you run your personal finances like you want the government to ..

Raise the debt ceiling and then figure out the cuts.  

I don't, I have always tried to save more than I spend and succeeded at that almost always.

Just now, Mainecat said:

No problem. If the Dems take the house (and they will) the can hold up something the repukes want by insisting on a AR 15 ban.

You're comparing spending cuts to a gun ban?

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Raise the debt ceiling and then figure out the cuts.  

I don't, I have always tried to save more than I spend and succeeded at that almost always.

Yeah, them guys in washington would love that.  Magically those cuts will just disappear and you know that.  Nah, hold them to the fire.  The public agrees that we are spending too much and cuts are needed and wanted.