Check your account email address ×

lose another drone CKF?

4 hours ago, ckf said:

LOL. I can't say that it hasn't crossed my mind when flying. There are a lot more eagles around now.

Deploy tasers Mr Spock!!

4 hours ago, ckf said:

LOL. I can't say that it hasn't crossed my mind when flying. There are a lot more eagles around now.

I had a red tail hawk take a run at my mini. Luckily I saw him coming so I could take evasive action. Wasn't recording sorry to say. I was taking still shots of my neighbors cabin for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

I had a red tail hawk take a run at my mini. Luckily I saw him coming so I could take evasive action. Wasn't recording sorry to say. I was taking still shots of my neighbors cabin for him.

I've read that the best thing to do if you know a bird is coming after your drone is to go straight up. Birds can't climb elevation as fast as a drone can.

Just now, ckf said:

I've read that the best thing to do if you know a bird is coming after your drone is to go straight up. Birds can't climb elevation as fast as a drone can.

That's exactly what I did. And yes, it worked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I heard you  are supposed crash them in the water, birds don't swim well.

• Haha 5

the bald eagles around here would dwarf a drone .  i take people on my boat to a spot on the hudson river where you are almost sure to see them. they glide over you , look like small planes. snatching huge fish , flying up and eating in a tree. very impressive bird

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

the bald eagles around here would dwarf a drone .  i take people on my boat to a spot on the hudson river where you are almost sure to see them. they glide over you , look like small planes. snatching huge fish , flying up and eating in a tree. very impressive bird

They are very powerful birds for sure. Impressive to see up close in the wild!

never saw them when i was younger. i guess they were shot in to low numbers by farmers protecting their livestock. the river is a feeding ground for them and over the years they are getting huge. i have them where i live too, and they cruise right over you. real cool when the sun is on them and the white lights up. 

2 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

never saw them when i was younger. i guess they were shot in to low numbers by farmers protecting their livestock. the river is a feeding ground for them and over the years they are getting huge. i have them where i live too, and they cruise right over you. real cool when the sun is on them and the white lights up. 

I think the population was greatly effected by DDT or some pesticide.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think the population was greatly effected by DDT or some pesticide.

DDT and people shooting them. The DDT got in to other animals which the Eagles ate and made them sick or killed them, DDT killed of a lot of the "song birds"

• Thanks 1