Check your account email address ×

Trump and Kushner May Have Leveraged Presidency to Get Saudi Money

KISSING THE RING 
Corbin Bolies 
Media Reporter 
Published Feb. 12, 2023 10:10AM ET 

Donald Trump and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, have both found themselves flush with Saudi money since they left the White House, according to The Washington Post—raising potential conflict concerns ahead of 2024. Filings with the Securities and Exchanges Commission showed Kushner took $2 billion from a Saudi investment fund chaired by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, employing a tactic that (initially) shielded its foreign source. Trump himself has hosted Saudi-backed LIV Golf tournaments, while his company negotiated a $4 billion agreement with a Saudi firm to develop a Trump-branded golf resort in Oman. Trump and Kushner developed a close relationship with the Saudi regime during their time in the White House, including even after Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s murder. “I think it was an obvious opportunity for them to build their Rolodexes,” ex-Trump official John Bolton told the Post. A Trump spokesperson, meanwhile, claimed the former president simply used his “superior negotiating skills” on America’s behalf.

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Saudis got American servicemen rented out to protect an authoritarian government under trump. Disgusting 

The Saudis have gotten US military protection from every president since the 60s.   Disgusting is a word I would use to describe the caliber of people in line at Starbucks in San Francisco.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

What do the communist Chinese get for giving money to the Biden family?  

So far - doesn’t look like much :thumbsup:  

You tell me….look forward to hearing which conspiracy you’re gonna peddle next :lol: 

You give trump a pass. Gotcha. 

Right cause it just started after the election in 2016,  Saudi has been armed to the teeth by the US   F15s and M1a2 Abrahams top of the line Apache helicopters and not to be out done Euro Fighter Typhoon from the British and the list goes on and on. 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

So far - doesn’t look like much :thumbsup:  

You tell me….look forward to hearing which conspiracy you’re gonna peddle next :lol: 

I am looking forward to months of left wing media talking points endlessly regurgitated by you into an almost laughable defense of the Biden family and democrats as a whole.

• Thanks 1

Get ready to enter into hypothetical land. 

It’s both fascinating and concerning the amount of conspiracies people believe and propagate.  Even when proven false or unsupported they still peddle the narrative. And the best……think for yourself :lol: 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I am looking forward to months of left wing media talking points endlessly regurgitated by you into an almost laughable defense of the Biden family and democrats as a whole.

I refrigerate factual information not debunked conspiracies like you do :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Right cause it just started after the election in 2016,  Saudi has been armed to the teeth by the US   F15s and M1a2 Abrahams top of the line Apache helicopters and not to be out done Euro Fighter Typhoon from the British and the list goes on and on. 

Trump lifted the ban on delivering precision weapons to the Saudis. Looked the other way when MBS ordered the murder of a journalist employed by an American company. Did nothing when MBS used spyware to attack an American businessman. You want me to go on? I have lots more on the list. 

Trump lifted the ban on delivering precision weapons to the Saudis. Looked the other way when MBS ordered the murder of a journalist employed by an American company. Did nothing when MBS used spyware to attack an American businessman. You want me to go on? I have lots more on the list. 

Yeah but Joe supposedly got a cool club house :lol: 

Don't worry Joe got tough on the Saudis......oh wait no he didn't..

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/03/politics/joe-biden-saudi-arabia-opec/index.htm

‘There is only so much patience one can have’: Biden appears to back off vow to punish Saudi Arabia

Several months after President Joe Biden promised Saudi Arabia would suffer “consequences” after the Saudi-led OPEC+ oil cartel unexpectedly announced it would cut production, the Biden administration has no plans to take proactive steps to punish – let alone significantly reorient its posture toward – the oil-rich Middle East kingdom, multiple sources on Capitol Hill and in the administration tell CNN.

Now almost a month into the new session of Congress, lawmakers have yet to hear from administration officials about launching a coordinated review of the US-Saudi relationship, despite repeated statements over the past few months by the White House that congressional input would be key to such an assessment.

Officials are “sidestepping the reassessment” as there is growing realization that getting the two countries’ relationship back on track is beneficial to the US, one administration official told CNN.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

It’s both fascinating and concerning the amount of conspiracies people believe and propagate.  Even when proven false or unsupported they still peddle the narrative. And the best……think for yourself :lol: 

Like 4 years of Russia Russia Russia.. :lol2:

You got played like a fiddle. :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1