Check your account email address ×

My town made national news for a wicked high crime rate!

Rod

There’s a quote from a business owner— “we call the police to report when this happens but it feels like it falls on deaf ears”

that I can confirm. I had some equipment get shot in fall, I called the cops and they didn’t give a rats ass. They basically said “here’s your case file number for insurance and fuck off”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/swan-river-crime-rate-1.6728951 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Isnt Manitoba ( or is that persontoba ? ) the crime capital per capita of the great white north already?

The more northern you get in the prairies the worse it gets. 

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The natives are getting restless?

It used to be that way but can’t fully generalize that. It’s a meth issue, and we legally aren’t allowed to stop someone from stealing your stuff. 

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ACE said:

It used to be that way but can’t fully generalize that. It’s a meth issue, and we legally aren’t allowed to stop someone from stealing your stuff. 

Bummer, opiods hit here hard, but meth never took off the way it did everywhere else.

19 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Isnt Manitoba ( or is that persontoba ? ) the crime capital per capita of the great white north already?

Hold my beer ACE, this is the closest city to me.

THUNDER BAY

THUNDER BAY — Thunder Bay will undoubtedly be the murder capital of Canada once again, but the 15 homicides are just the tip of the violent crime iceberg in the city, says acting Police Chief Dan Taddeo.

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Hold my beer ACE, this is the closest city to me.

THUNDER BAY

THUNDER BAY — Thunder Bay will undoubtedly be the murder capital of Canada once again, but the 15 homicides are just the tip of the violent crime iceberg in the city, says acting Police Chief Dan Taddeo.

But gun control works……right?

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, hayward said:

I just google earth'd Swan River.  Holy fuckerballs there is farmland up there

Fucking aye, I get a chubby riding the fields of Caribou , That looks heaven sent to me.

51 minutes ago, hayward said:

I just google earth'd Swan River.  Holy fuckerballs there is farmland up there

Yes. It’s chernoseum just like in Ukraine or whatever they call it. Some of the most productive soil in the world. And it’s surrounded by glacial mountains, which gives us some amazing sledding 

it’s overall a really nice place to live as long as you aren’t within walking distance of the meth heads in the main town 

43 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

But gun control works……right?

I'm pretty sure zero murders were committed with a gun last year. They were all knives and beatings as it is in most years. I would guess maybe 10% gun related over the last decade.

Just now, HSR said:

I'm pretty sure zero murders were committed with a gun last year. They were all knives and beatings as it is in most years. I would guess maybe 10% gun related over the last decade.

One of my landlords was just murdered a couple months ago. Botched robbery.

4 hours ago, ACE said:

There’s a quote from a business owner— “we call the police to report when this happens but it feels like it falls on deaf ears”

that I can confirm. I had some equipment get shot in fall, I called the cops and they didn’t give a rats ass. They basically said “here’s your case file number for insurance and fuck off”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/swan-river-crime-rate-1.6728951 

Time for youz to give up your firearms!

Edited by Anler

1 minute ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

my town is regularly in the top ten, but is down this year. most is down in the hood and gangster tough guy shit

My good buddy worked there in the 90's ,stayed at his uncles place. Said there was some rough areas but we were small town boys.

Just now, ACE said:

Yeah less consequences for crimes. That’ll help. But that’s what Trudeau is doing 

Oh they are doing it here too. Illinois just banned the sale of semi automatic rifles. Idiots

29 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yes. It’s chernoseum just like in Ukraine or whatever they call it. Some of the most productive soil in the world. And it’s surrounded by glacial mountains, which gives us some amazing sledding 

it’s overall a really nice place to live as long as you aren’t within walking distance of the meth heads in the main town 

are you hiring?:snack:

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Jesus african mexican christ I saw that on Weinerpeg Global news awhile back!!!!!!

Yeah was a bad scene. He was a totally harmless 130lb soaking wet old man. They burst into his house, demanded money. He said no so they shot him and lit his house on fire to try to cover it up 

that’s the story I was told