Check your account email address ×

Moderna CEO admits they were working on COVID vaccine before the pandemic.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Mr. Moderna defender to the rescue!  :lol:  

Right about the 30 second mark.   "you were working on a vaccine for covid."   Yeah doesn't mean it was exact doesn't mean it wasn't.   

As the article states they had a vaccine within days of getting the genome.  You don't find that amazing?   

Doesn't make it obtuse...difficult to make billions on something you spent $100's of millions on without an outbreak.   Just because they have the vaccine already doesn't mean they can trial it.  Too risky the trial creates an outbreak however if there is an outbreak already?  

And like many things on here I'm not speaking necessarily  in absolutes just things that are very coincidental or that I find suspicious.....I know nothing about this whole thing makes you question it or suspicious at all.   You are a good little follower.  Because its not like big pharma hasn't been caught doing things in the past that got them fined billions of dollars.  

Deepfaggot ain't too bright.  

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Deepfaggot ain't too bright.  

You are shitty enough at math to think that 11 is bigger than 17.

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

oh look....another conspiracy. :lol: 

Everyone is obviously out to get them.

17 hours ago, Highmark said:

China release the genome on Jan 11th 2020.  The Davos conference was Jan 17-21st 2022.   Pretty amazing so little was known yet Moderna was already hard working on a vaccine?  Enough for him to casually mention it to a Business reporter for CNBC within 6 days of its genetic release to the public?  They were working on some Sars Cov vaccine and my bet they had at least some data as Wuhan enhanced that virus.

I don't think its a crazy conspiracy to think a Chinese lab working on enhancing a virus would share data with high paying pharmaceutical companies to create a treatment or a vaccine.   The entire purpose of gain of function research is to create a vaccine or treatment for what might be to come.  Big pharma had already spent hundreds of millions on mRNA with no monetary treatment coming from it as of that point.   You don't think they were eager to find something to get some returns?  Not saying anyone released it intentionally but it surely worked out damn well.   

My theory....Wuhan enhanced it and it got out and bare minimum Moderna had a head start.   Maybe from MERS or SARS or maybe with information Wuhan had got during gain of function.       

Wait, the Davos conference was on the 17th?  The 17th letter of the alphabet is….

46BF8618-2F36-4A83-A6E4-5EA07FE59D5E.jpeg

• Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Plissken said:

Wait, the Davos conference was on the 17th?  The 17th letter of the alphabet is….

46BF8618-2F36-4A83-A6E4-5EA07FE59D5E.jpeg

K....that is funny.  :bc:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Seems to me that considering what they do that it would be the first thing he'd state to a reporter.  And btw, 17th is after the 11th the title of thread states before which was my whole point.

:news:  Some AMAZING work....create a vaccine in a weekend. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/12/moderna-covid-19-vaccine-design.html

You may be surprised to learn that of the trio of long-awaited coronavirus vaccines, the most promising, Moderna’s mRNA-1273, which reported a 94.5 percent efficacy rate on November 16, had been designed by January 13. This was just two days after the genetic sequence had been made public in an act of scientific and humanitarian generosity that resulted in China’s Yong-Zhen Zhang’s being temporarily forced out of his lab. In Massachusetts, the Moderna vaccine design took all of one weekend. It was completed before China had even acknowledged that the disease could be transmitted from human to human, more than a week before the first confirmed coronavirus case in the United States. By the time the first American death was announced a month later, the vaccine had already been manufactured and shipped to the National Institutes of Health for the beginning of its Phase I clinical trial.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You may be surprised to learn that of the trio of long-awaited coronavirus vaccines, the most promising, Moderna’s mRNA-1273, which reported a 94.5 percent efficacy rate on November 16, had been designed by January 13. This was just two days after the genetic sequence had been made public in an act of scientific and humanitarian generosity that resulted in China’s Yong-Zhen Zhang’s being temporarily forced out of his lab. In Massachusetts, the Moderna vaccine design took all of one weekend. It was completed before China had even acknowledged that the disease could be transmitted from human to human, more than a week before the first confirmed coronavirus case in the United States. By the time the first American death was announced a month later, the vaccine had already been manufactured and shipped to the National Institutes of Health for the beginning of its Phase I clinical trial.

It was a weekend at bernies event.:lol:

It fooled deepfaggot though.

52 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It was a weekend at bernies event.:lol:

It fooled deepfaggot though.

Sars Cov 1 shares 70-80% of the genetic code as Sars Cov 2.  Pretty obvious they had been working on that version for some time....yes this was bare minimum the Covid vaccine the CEO was talking about.   Even then to be able to create the vaccine for SC-2 in a weekend could only be described as a miracle.  People need to ask the question why were they were not getting more human guinea pigs to test the SC-1 mRNA vaccine even just for safety?   Obviously it couldn't be tested for efficacy until they had an outbreak of it or......something similar.   

The common cold is a form of a Coronavirus.   Why not test on a version of that?

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Sars Cov 1 shares 70-80% of the genetic code as Sars Cov 2.  Pretty obvious they had been working on that version for some time.   Even then to be able to create the vaccine for SC-2 in a weekend could only be described as a miracle.  People need to ask the question why were they were not getting more human guinea pigs to test the SC-1 mRNA vaccine even just for safety?   Obviously it couldn't be tested for efficacy until they had an outbreak of it or......something similar.   

The people are really too dumb to understand they have been used as guinea pigs in an experiment where the efficacy figures have been falsified.  More died in the original trial in the vax (21) vs control (17).  One kid out of 1100 maimed for life in the trial that was removed from the data.  The efficacy figures were only based on the result of a pcr test 170 people,  total bullshit.   Etc etc. 

Everything is now going to mRNA after the great success of covid gene therapy poison.

Here is Deepfaggot or his cousin following the science fiction.:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The article helps explain some of your questions. Pretty cool.

"As Hotez explained to me, the major reason this vaccine timeline has shrunk is that much of the research and preclinical animal testing was done in the aftermath of the 2003 SARS pandemic (that is, for instance, how we knew to target the spike protein). This would be the model. Scientists have a very clear sense of which virus families have pandemic potential, and given the resemblance of those viruses, can develop not only vaccines for all of them but also ones that could easily be tweaked to respond to new variants within those families.

“We do this every year for influenza,” Rasmussen says. “We don’t know which influenza viruses are going to be circulating, so we make our best guess. And then we formulate that into a vaccine using essentially the same technology platform that all the other influenza vaccines are based on.” The whole process takes a few months, and utilizes a “platform” that we already know is basically safe. With enough funding, you could do the same for viral pandemics, and indeed conduct Phase I trials for the entire set of possible future outbreaks before any of them made themselves known to the public."

And by the way, you don't need to know the genetic sequence to begin working on a vaccine. There was no such thing when they created the polio vaccine in the 50s.

Edited by akvanden

5 minutes ago, akvanden said:

"As Hotez explained to me, the major reason this vaccine timeline has shrunk is that much of the research and preclinical animal testing was done in the aftermath of the 2003 SARS pandemic (that is, for instance, how we knew to target the spike protein). This would be the model. Scientists have a very clear sense of which virus families have pandemic potential, and given the resemblance of those viruses, can develop not only vaccines for all of them but also ones that could easily be tweaked to respond to new variants within those families.

“We do this every year for influenza,” Rasmussen says. “We don’t know which influenza viruses are going to be circulating, so we make our best guess. And then we formulate that into a vaccine using essentially the same technology platform that all the other influenza vaccines are based on.” The whole process takes a few months, and utilizes a “platform” that we already know is basically safe. With enough funding, you could do the same for viral pandemics, and indeed conduct Phase I trials for the entire set of possible future outbreaks before any of them made themselves known to the public."

And by the way, you don't need to know the genetic sequence to begin working on a vaccine. There was no such thing when the created the polio vaccine in the 50s.

...but, but, but I thought your head was in the sand?  How can that be?

12 minutes ago, akvanden said:

And by the way, you don't need to know the genetic sequence to begin working on a vaccine. There was no such thing when they created the polio vaccine in the 50s.

This was called a novel virus.

13 minutes ago, akvanden said:

And by the way, you don't need to know the genetic sequence to begin working on a vaccine. There was no such thing when the created the polio vaccine in the 50s.

Yep...valid points however influenza vaccines are much, much different than mRNA but still a valid "process."

Comment you didn't point out.    "The whole process takes a few months," ;and thats with traditional types of vaccines.   Maybe mRNA is no different and can be done in months. 

I'm not debating they weren't working on a vaccine the question is how much they knew about this strain prior to it getting into the public?   Isn't that the whole point of working on these virus' in the first place?  Modify them to predict the next outbreak and be prepared.   Problem is does the risk outweigh the benefit ;and why we must know the whole truth of its origins in the population. 

My whole point on this thread isn't a conspiracy its simply looking at a extremely short timeline and thinking they were working on this strain already when it got out.  I can't say it would be completely wrong for big pharma to be looking at vaccines or treatments of virus' they were trying to predict other than the risk of one getting out and it did.    

Edited by Highmark

16 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I love these far reaching assumptions. :lol: 

Coming from a guy with an apocalypse vehicle.  :lol:  

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

This was called a novel virus.

Yup, it was a new (novel) strain of coronavirus.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

My whole point on this thread isn't a conspiracy its simply looking at a extremely short timeline and thinking they were working on this strain already when it got out. 

You're insinuating pharma having access to the exact covid-19 strain (DNA sequencing and all) before it started replicating in the population is the only explanation for the quick vaccine turnaround. The reality is all coronavirus's have spike proteins, as does SARS, and they used that very knowledge.... which is the exact same thing your article states. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akvanden said:

Moderna had spent years developing bio platforms targeting a variety of diseases. It’s nothing to pull one off the shelf and tailor it to a disease in a particular category within days. Of course this flies right over the heads of conspiracy theorists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Yup, it was a new (novel) strain of coronavirus.

You're insinuating pharma having access to the exact covid-19 strain (DNA sequencing and all) before it started replicating in the population is the only explanation for the quick vaccine turnaround. The reality is all coronavirus's have spike proteins, as does SARS, and they used that very knowledge.... which is the exact same thing your article states. 

I'm saying doing it in 2 days over a weekend makes one think....

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm saying doing it in 2 days over a weekend makes one think....

If you think that, you're not thinking at all.

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Moderna had spent years developing bio platforms targeting a variety of diseases. It’s nothing to pull one off the shelf and tailor it to a disease in a particular category within days. Of course this flies right over the heads of conspiracy theorists. 

Yet they failed for the variants now going on year three.

Clueless.