Check your account email address ×

Moderna CEO admits they were working on COVID vaccine before the pandemic.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yeah...yeah...yeah it was because of the SARS outbreak.  They talk about this right away in the video.  Very hard to do human trials of an airborne respiratory virus without an outbreak.  

Edited by Highmark

28 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Weren't they working on MRNA in the 60s?  Was there a pandemic then?

They were not used in human trials.  The first human trial of the mRNA vaccine for a Coronavirus was spring/summer of 2020.  At least what's published.  They were not even tested in animals period until 2012 and in humans in 2017 for rabies and that didn't go well. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w

That initially disappointed many investors and onlookers, because a vaccine platform seemed to be less transformative and lucrative. By the beginning of 2020, Moderna had advanced nine mRNA vaccine candidates for infectious diseases into people for testing. None was a slam-dunk success. Just one had progressed to a larger-phase trial.

But when COVID-19 struck, Moderna was quick off the mark, creating a prototype vaccine within days of the virus’s genome sequence becoming available online. The company then collaborated with the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) to conduct mouse studies and launch human trials, all within less than ten weeks.

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They were not used in human trials.  The first human trial of the mRNA vaccine for a Coronavirus was spring/summer of 2020.  At least what's published.  They were not even tested in animals period until 2012 and in humans in 2017 for rabies and that didn't go well. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w

That initially disappointed many investors and onlookers, because a vaccine platform seemed to be less transformative and lucrative. By the beginning of 2020, Moderna had advanced nine mRNA vaccine candidates for infectious diseases into people for testing. None was a slam-dunk success. Just one had progressed to a larger-phase trial.

But when COVID-19 struck, Moderna was quick off the mark, creating a prototype vaccine within days of the virus’s genome sequence becoming available online. The company then collaborated with the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) to conduct mouse studies and launch human trials, all within less than ten weeks.

That is true, they also tested MRNA vaccines for Rabies on humans in 2013.

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Which didn't go well. 

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I'd say it's gone very well for covid. If you actually dig into the so called deaths that are being blamed on the vaccines, many of the dead weren't even vaccinated. The soccer player Erickson for one.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Hardly works at all and has complications I’m guessing?

Yes....I believe that test had slightly better results with needless injection.   Completely different virus obviously but the fact that was basically the only human trial with mRNA is suspect.  Fauci is on record saying new vaccine types should take a decade or more to prove safe.  The rabbis mRNA trial had like 100 people in it.   

My point of this thread isn't about the effectiveness.   I just don't buy for a second Moderna didn't have what Wuhan was working on long before it got out.   I'm not making a claim that they are a part of an intentional release but no way they had a vaccine within days of getting the genetic code as the article states.   No way. 

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My point of this thread isn't about the effectiveness but I don't buy for a second Moderna didn't have what Wuhan was working on long before it got out.   I'm not making a claim that they are a part of an intentional release but no way they had a vaccine within days of getting the genetic code as the article states.   No way. 

They’re all connected so it’s hardly a stretch to say they knew 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My point of this thread isn't about the effectiveness.   

Your title is wrong.  He said they were working on mRNA, not on the Covid shot. 

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I just don't buy for a second Moderna didn't have what Wuhan was working on long before it got out.  

Doing a good job of promoting your opinion without fact by intentionally changing the title.  Curious what info makes you believe that they were working on the exact virus before the general public was getting infected by the virus.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Very hard to do human trials of an airborne respiratory virus without an outbreak.  

Which makes your previous statement that they had all the info on the virus way before the outbreak a bit more obtuse.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Your title is wrong.  He said they were working on mRNA, not on the Covid shot. 

Doing a good job of promoting your opinion without fact by intentionally changing the title.  Curious what info makes you believe that they were working on the exact virus before the general public was getting infected by the virus.

Which makes your previous statement that they had all the info on the virus way before the outbreak a bit more obtuse.

Mr. Moderna defender to the rescue!  :lol:  

Right about the 30 second mark.   "you were working on a vaccine for covid."   Yeah doesn't mean it was exact doesn't mean it wasn't.   

As the article states they had a vaccine within days of getting the genome.  You don't find that amazing?   

Doesn't make it obtuse...difficult to make billions on something you spent $100's of millions on without an outbreak.   Just because they have the vaccine already doesn't mean they can trial it.  Too risky the trial creates an outbreak however if there is an outbreak already?  

And like many things on here I'm not speaking necessarily  in absolutes just things that are very coincidental or that I find suspicious.....I know nothing about this whole thing makes you question it or suspicious at all.   You are a good little follower.  Because its not like big pharma hasn't been caught doing things in the past that got them fined billions of dollars.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Right about the 30 second mark.   "you were working on a vaccine for covid."   Yeah doesn't mean it was exact doesn't mean it wasn't.   

As the article states they had a vaccine within days of getting the genome.  You don't find that amazing?   

Doesn't make it obtuse...difficult to make billions on something you spent $100's of millions on without an outbreak.   Just because they have the vaccine already doesn't mean they can trial it.  Too risky the trial creates an outbreak however if there is an outbreak already?  

And like many things on here I'm not speaking necessarily  in absolutes just things that are very coincidental. 

You're trying to make it coincidental.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No it does that all on its own. :bc:

Ya right. :lol:

You anti vaxxers get thick everytime an athlete dies, hoping they're vaxxed!

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Ya right. :lol:

You anti vaxxers get thick everytime an athlete dies, hoping they're vaxxed!

I'm not anti-vaxx or at least wasn't at all at first.   I encouraged my kids and mother to get it because of pre-existing conditions.  Doesn't mean I still can't look at all that's went on and all the deception and say wait a second here....what really was going on?

Now that we know what we do know I wish my kids or wife never got it.   My mother at 79 with heart disease I absolutely would still encourage it for her.

You're telling me you're happy with how they disseminated information on it?  If you go back to my firsts posts on this I constantly said just be upfront and truthful with us.   Well that has proven to be exactly what didn't happen.    

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Yet China and Russia released COVID vaccines before the US did. They must have been working on it even before Moderna/Pfizer/bad guys.

:lol:That actually points the finger even more at it being gain of function.   China and Russia are allies.   BTW got a link to that?   

Did you know some of the first human trials by US companies were in Africa?   Guess we didn't want bad results close to home.  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not anti-vaxx or at least wasn't at all at first.   I encouraged my kids and mother to get it because of pre-existing conditions.  Doesn't mean I still can't look at all that's went on and all the deception and say wait a second here....what really was going on?

Now that we know what we do know I wish my kids or wife never got it.   My mother at 79 with heart disease I absolutely would still encourage it for her.

You're telling me you're happy with how they disseminated information on it?  If you go back to my firsts posts on this I constantly said just be upfront and truthful with us.   Well that has proven to be exactly what didn't happen.    

They wanted everyone to get it to stop the pandemic. Mistakes were bound to happen.

Unless of course you're a mental midget like ArcticCrusher and a few others and think this was all planned out ahead of time. 

11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

They wanted everyone to get it to stop the pandemic. Mistakes were bound to happen.

Unless of course you're a mental midget like ArcticCrusher and a few others and think this was all planned out ahead of time. 

They were more than mistakes.

From the wet market....maybe it was from a lab....we still don't have the answer.   Any guess as to why?  Early emails with Fauci state the genome looks non-evolutionary.   They knew from the beginning it came from a lab.

Masks don't help.   Masks help.   Wear 2.

Mortality and hospitalization rates completely inaccurate.  Early studies show up to 20x's the people that tested positive were infected and sailed thru it.   Tell us the truth...nope had to push the jab and the shutdowns.

Best one.....You can't get infected if you take the vaccine.   It stops the spread.   They now admit they weren't even testing for that in the trials but Moderna and Pfizer knew.      

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They were more than mistakes.

From the wet market....maybe it was from a lab....we still don't have the answer.   Any guess as to why?  Early emails with Fauci state the genome looks non-evolutionary.   They knew from the beginning it came from a lab.

Masks don't help.   Masks help.   Wear 2.

Mortality and hospitalization rates completely inaccurate.  Early studies show up to 20x's the people that tested positive were infected and sailed thru it.   Tell us the truth...nope had to push the jab and the shutdowns.

Best one.....You can't get infected if you take the vaccine.   It stops the spread.   They now admit they weren't even testing for that in the trials but Moderna and Pfizer knew.      

I believe it came from the lab. I also believe China killed a few people who knew about that. The wet market doesn't make them look bad. It's a simple as that. 

As for Fauci, he should've been fired early on, once the dems won the election the whole thing became a political mess.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:That actually points the finger even more at it being gain of function.   China and Russia are allies.   BTW got a link to that?   

Did you know some of the first human trials by US companies were in Africa?   Guess we didn't want bad results close to home.  

No, that just makes it that much more difficult. So now your implying Moderna, pfizer, J&J? were colluding with Russia and China, while at the same time not colluding with them because we never shared the mRNA vaccine technology. 

It sounds nice though, all working together, harmoniously, rather than selfishly being a world leader reaping reputation points and profits during the pandemic. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russia-registered-first-covid-vaccine-now-it-s-struggling-vaccinate-n1272092

52 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Never once I have defended Moderna, not even close.  Despicable company.  Just because they are shit doesn't mean I would support fabricated lies and nonsense however.

And right before that she said Jan 2020, which is when/after the pandemic started.  So the only admittal was that they were very quickly working on a vaccine.  ie, your title doesn't match the material.

I find lots of modern medicine amazing.  You are implying a monstrous conspiracy and what would be amazing about that is that it was kept quiet and how many people would have to be in agreeance to make it come to fruition.

21 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Never once I have defended Moderna, not even close.  Despicable company.  Just because they are shit doesn't mean I would support fabricated lies and nonsense however.

And right before that she said Jan 2020, which is when/after the pandemic started.  So the only admittal was that they were very quickly working on a vaccine.  ie, your title doesn't match the material.

I find lots of modern medicine amazing.  You are implying a monstrous conspiracy and what would be amazing about that is that it was kept quiet and how many people would have to be in agreeance to make it come to fruition.

China release the genome on Jan 11th 2020.  The Davos conference was Jan 17-21st 2022.   Pretty amazing so little was known yet Moderna was already hard working on a vaccine?  Enough for him to casually mention it to a Business reporter for CNBC within 6 days of its genetic release to the public?  They were working on some Sars Cov vaccine and my bet they had at least some data as Wuhan enhanced that virus.

I don't think its a crazy conspiracy to think a Chinese lab working on enhancing a virus would share data with high paying pharmaceutical companies to create a treatment or a vaccine.   The entire purpose of gain of function research is to create a vaccine or treatment for what might be to come.  Big pharma had already spent hundreds of millions on mRNA with no monetary treatment coming from it as of that point.   You don't think they were eager to find something to get some returns?  Not saying anyone released it intentionally but it surely worked out damn well.   

My theory....Wuhan enhanced it and it got out and bare minimum Moderna had a head start.   Maybe from MERS or SARS or maybe with information Wuhan had got during gain of function.       

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

China release the genome on Jan 11th 2020.  The Davos conference was Jan 17-21st 2022.   Pretty amazing so little was known yet Moderna was already hard working on a vaccine?  Enough for him to casually mention it to a Business reporter for CNBC within 6 days of its genetic release to the public? 

Seems to me that considering what they do that it would be the first thing he'd state to a reporter.  And btw, 17th is after the 11th the title of thread states before which was my whole point.