IIHF World Junior Hockey

Canada up 2-0 in the gold medal game!!!:rockernana:

USA took bronze today in a high scoring affair.:thumbsup:

If you haven't been watching the tournament remember this name,,, Conner Bedard. Just wow!

This is the worst Nook team I’ve seen ever I think. They got seriously lucky after the refs blew that first goalie interference call last night. 

Bedard is awesome for sure. Roy is excellent as well. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Bedard is awesome for sure. Roy is excellent as well. 

Take them 2 out of the equation and Canada would have been out. Josh Roy is very talented.

The fact that a 17 yr old is garnering all the attention is telling.

21 minutes ago, HSR said:

Take them 2 out of the equation and Canada would have been out. Josh Roy is very talented.

The fact that a 17 yr old is garnering all the attention is telling.

He’s been way on the radar for going on two years. I read the hickey forums quite a bit 

• Gold Member

kids great. carried that team like no one else ever has.

world juniors is always quality hockey. not millionaires on ice ' yet. 

finlands goalie is a legit prospect too.

Edited by ZR800efi

I know this will go over like a a fart in church, but I'm gonna just say it since she's a hometown kid and makes all of us proud as hell .. Taylor Heise.  Chick hockey - I know - but that girl is a S-T-U-D.  

Congrats to the Canucks on their IIHF gold (and the US for their bridesmaid win in the Bronze shootout).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m still butthurt about the 1st US goal they waived off lol

It was what it was. 

Feet in the crease, his but in the goalie's face and the puck outside of the blue paint. All added up to what we got. 

Did any of it effect the goal? probably not but the rules are the rules. 

It did change the tempo of the game negatively for team USA. They never completely recovered and the home crowd kept the momentum away. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

I thought the refs did a fine job.

Canada took some stupid penalties.

I thought so too. They missed some calls but that happens at any level. And they weren’t afraid to go to check video.

Canada had more penalty minutes than any other team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I thought so too. They missed some calls but that happens at any level. And they weren’t afraid to go to check video.

Canada had more penalty minutes than any other team.

The waived off goal the US scored was ridiculous by any measure of the rule. It was a goal and I can’t see any justification for disallowing it. 

• Like 1

Goals should be disallowed only if: an attacking Player, either by their positioning or by a “relevant contact”, impairs the Goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within their Goal Crease or defend their goal; or an attacking Player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a Goalkeeper, inside or outside of their Goal Crease.

A. The puck was in the crease and the attacking player has a right to attempt to score there.

B. The contact with the goalie however minor it was happened because the attacking player was pushed into the goalie causing then incidental contact.

C. The goal was scored well after the minor contact and the goalies ability to make the save was in no way hampered by the prior minor contact which was a direct result of the attacking player having been pushed into the goalie by the defender.