Check your account email address ×

A man said he and his sister rented a Tesla and needed to stop six times in one day to charge it.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

That's strange.

Cold air is more dense and generally improves performance.

More dense the more power the more fuel needed to make power.  EFI adjust for that and does a great job adjust to keep an engine  in its optimal fuel air ratio.  Wet, snow covered roads and denser air is harder to push through as well.  Gas vehicles aren’t physics defying machines.

• Gold Member
Just now, ACE said:

You most likely park it in a heated garage and don’t venture far from home 

Nope.  My car is a road trip car with very little  short daily driving commute…. All long distance travel.   Average use since new is 400+ miles in a sitting.  Just ripping up over a western North America mountain pass tbh.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Nope.  My car is a road trip car with very little  short daily driving commute…. All long distance travel.   Average use since new is 400+ miles in a sitting.  Just ripping up over a western North America mountain pass tbh.

Well I’m glad it works for you in the cold even though it doesn’t for anyone else. A cynic might raise an eyebrow at your stories 

• Gold Member
Just now, ACE said:

Well I’m glad it works for you in the cold even though it doesn’t for anyone else. A cynic might raise an eyebrow at your stories 

I see lots of teslas on the road in the winter in my travels tbh.  They sell huge amounts of them

EV’s are better suited for warmer climates. A lot of the charging issues during the cold were related to either not preconditioning the battery pack before charging to warm it, or charge station issues. There were many examples of EA stations with brand new hardware and software that stopped working when the temps went sub zero. That’s unacceptable. My nieces husband has a jag that wouldn’t accept a charge from an EA charge station when the temp dropped to -5.  

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I see lots of teslas on the road in the winter in my travels tbh.  They sell huge amounts of them

I’ve also seen 2010 Polaris 800’s on the trail it doesn’t mean it worked well 

• Haha 3

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

EV’s are better suited for warmer climates. A lot of the charging issues during the cold were related to either not preconditioning the battery pack before charging to warm it, or charge station issues. There were many examples of EA stations with brand new hardware and software that stopped working when the temps went sub zero. That’s unacceptable. My nieces husband has a jag that wouldn’t accept a charge from an EA charge station when the temp dropped to -5.  

EA has always been a mess.  Tesla stations don’t have issues in the cold.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

I’ve also seen 2010 Polaris 800’s on the trail it doesn’t mean it worked well 

Trails are for faggots tbh.  Anything other then mountain riding is for the gays

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, ACE said:

You most likely park it in a heated garage and don’t venture far from home 

This reminds me.  I do want to heat and cool my 3 car garage.  I have ample electricity I can use for free so looking at those mini split heat pumps.  Be a cheap option with the new tax credits on them….  Any experience with them?

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Trails are for faggots tbh.  Anything other then mountain riding is for the gays

Yeah cause falling off your sled all day into fluff makes you a badass somehow 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

This reminds me.  I do want to heat and cool my 3 car garage.  I have ample electricity I can use for free so looking at those mini split heat pumps.  Be a cheap option with the new tax credits on them….  Any experience with them?

Triple split system.

Cools my entire house and garage.

Use the heat function rarely as I’ve got gas.

heat does work well though to around -10c.

Very effective and efficient.

4 hours ago, ACE said:

Yeah cause falling off your sled all day into fluff makes you a badass somehow 

Off trail riding is like swimming,if you don't know how to do it it's not as fun :news:

6 hours ago, BOHICA said:

30x40 with 11 foot ceilings.

2 ton Senville Aura. 

Good to -30c.

Alexa enabled from factory.

IMG_20220727_163247412~2.jpg

IMG_20220808_165704653.jpg

IMG_20220823_141243532.jpg

SAVE_20180904_130029.jpeg

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

30x40 with 11 foot ceilings.

2 ton Senville Aura.