Check your account email address ×

How is it that

Proof that gaslighting and brainwashing works.  Wife made me watch a netflix series about Harry and Meghan, who I hadn't much paid any attention to because I am just not that interested.  The takeaway was just how powerful the media is and how they can destroy anyone by a thousand cuts. Critical thinking is a cliche that gets talked about often, but its clear that half the people who talk about it, don't actually possess the skill.   *looks at Snowrider and a few others*

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Proof that gaslighting and brainwashing works.  Wife made me watch a netflix series about Harry and Meghan, who I hadn't much paid any attention to because I am just not that interested.  The takeaway was just how powerful the media is and how they can destroy anyone by a thousand cuts. Critical thinking is a cliche that gets talked about often, but its clear that half the people who talk about it, don't actually possess the skill.   *looks at Snowrider and a few others*

Sorry to hear that.

Edited by Steve753

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I think people can become easily entrenched in lazy thinking, or even consideration altogether.  There is every viewpoint out there, available from media, this isn’t a one sided issue.  People would much rather try to make themselves look superior to others than consider other viewpoints.

Neal

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I think people can become easily entrenched in lazy thinking, or even consideration altogether.  There is every viewpoint out there, available from media, this isn’t a one sided issue.  People would much rather try to make themselves look superior to others than consider other viewpoints.

Neal

True, I do my best to listen to both sides.  Some times the pieces fit together and sometimes they don't.  Sometimes its a fool me once scenario.  When you catch someone lying multiple times in an egregious manner, you've lost all credibility.  Like 51 intelligence officers for example.

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

True, I do my best to listen to both sides.  Some times the pieces fit together and sometimes they don't.  Sometimes its a fool me once scenario.  When you catch someone lying multiple times in an egregious manner, you've lost all credibility.  Like 51 intelligence officers for example.

Boggles the mind how anyone who claims to think critically can't see an obvious intel operation.

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Boggles the mind how anyone who claims to think critically can't see an obvious intel operation.

Problem is you don't think critically whatsoever. You just parrot every dumb conspiracy without looking into it in depth and you get guthooked all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

If that’s the case you can’t be a fan of anyone in Washington!  :lol:

:bc:

Neal