Check your account email address ×

"A drag dancer stomped on the gunman with her high heels." Hate crime charges filed in Colorado

"A drag dancer stomped on the gunman with her high heels." Hate crime charges filed in Colorado

Source-https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/11/21/us/colorado-springs-shooting-news 

Title-An Army veteran says he went into ‘combat mode’ to disarm the gunman 

COLORADO SPRINGS — Richard M. Fierro said he was at a table in Club Q with his wife, daughter and friends on Saturday, watching a drag show, when the sudden flash of gunfire ripped across the nightclub. His instincts from four combat deployments as an Army officer in Iraq and Afghanistan instantly kicked in. Fight back, he told himself. 

snip-"...tackling the gunman and beating him bloody with the gunman’s own gun.." 

snip-" Mr. Fierro, who served in the Army for 15 years, said he raced across the room, grabbed the gunman by a handle on the back of his body armor, pulled him to the floor and jumped on top of him." 

snip-" As the fight continued, he said, he yelled for other club patrons to help him. A man grabbed the rifle and moved it away to safety. A drag dancer stomped on the gunman with her high heels. The whole time, Mr. Fierro said, he kept pummeling the shooter’s head while the two men screamed obscenities at each other." 

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Awful quiet about gunman . Was he a gay man? :dunno:

No. 22 yrs old. Had issues at home before. Mother called police and he was arrested. He should've been on red flag list.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

No. 22 yrs old. Had issues at home before. Mother called police and he was arrested. He should've been on red flag list.

Yeah, I saw that but did he frequent the club?  Why did he pick the club?  Is there a picture up?  Nothing on my local news but what is posted in op. 

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, I saw that but did he frequent the club?  Why did he pick the club?  Is there a picture up?  Nothing on my local news but what is posted in op. 

I was half paying attention when news was on, my wife was talking to me, so might have missed it.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Source-https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/11/21/us/colorado-springs-shooting-news 

Title-An Army veteran says he went into ‘combat mode’ to disarm the gunman 

COLORADO SPRINGS — Richard M. Fierro said he was at a table in Club Q with his wife, daughter and friends on Saturday, watching a drag show, when the sudden flash of gunfire ripped across the nightclub. His instincts from four combat deployments as an Army officer in Iraq and Afghanistan instantly kicked in. Fight back, he told himself. 

snip-"...tackling the gunman and beating him bloody with the gunman’s own gun.." 

snip-" Mr. Fierro, who served in the Army for 15 years, said he raced across the room, grabbed the gunman by a handle on the back of his body armor, pulled him to the floor and jumped on top of him." 

snip-" As the fight continued, he said, he yelled for other club patrons to help him. A man grabbed the rifle and moved it away to safety. A drag dancer stomped on the gunman with her high heels. The whole time, Mr. Fierro said, he kept pummeling the shooter’s head while the two men screamed obscenities at each other." 

This guy did what all those cops in Uvalde couldn’t/wouldn’t.

• Like 3

In June 2021 this guy was charged with making bomb threats and charged with kidnaping.   WTF was he doing out of jail?  Talk about preventable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why is that not a surprise. Another kooky conspiracy believer. 

Instantly found  grandpa Trumper,  with probably no social media, but still a mystery to what the shooter was all about?   You would certainly think some one so driven by hate of gays it would be pretty common knowledge.  Do you think maybe he was also gay?