Check your account email address ×

Olympics could be a big failure

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah .  :bc:

Mongo , show us your medals from the special olympics again , the new guy's here haven't seen them .    :bc:

:ylsuper:

Just now, snopro31 said:

guess they should have got real jobs instead of crying for handouts

I can see why a pudgy non athletic type like you would say that.

21 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

athletes should not be getting tax money. 

Nurses shouldn't either. Do you know how much they are paid by the Canadian Government?

Edited by Biggie Smails

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

In all fairness I would rather have my money go for his nursing then the "Olympians" play ground antics. 

How much does the Canadian Government pay it's Olympic Athletes?

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I'm sure some tax money must go for them to have it happen.

Well yeah...just wondering how much but I'm sure for some 10 cents is too much.

Edited by Biggie Smails

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Summer Olympics in Brazil.  Neat-O!  I'll make sure my DVR is set and ready to go to catch the three legged transvestite sack race (both pre-OP and post-OP categories).  Anybody know the schedule for chess and ping-pong?  RIVETING!!!!

:lol:

:lol:

3 hours ago, ckf said:

LOL, I've never really paid much attention to the Summer games either. About the only thing I can remember watching is the original BB dream team games back in the 80's. Winter games are so much better. Anyone else remember the 'miracle on ice'?

A little. I was only 7 

3 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Me too .  Why the fuck don't they try a tan line contest or some shit .   :bc:

Staring at the men's swimmers in their Speedo's isn't enough for a faggot like you? Smh UNFB 

:snack:

Still looking but found this.

The Canadian Olympic Committee spent $2.9-million on a new boardroom, hundreds of thousands of dollars on outside lighting, and more than $1-million on a launch party for its new headquarters in Montreal.

The spending is highlighted in an audit of the COC’s $10-million plan for a headquarters in Montreal that would include an interactive museum and a high-tech office. The audit done by Deloitte, and reviewed by The Globe and Mail, has found that the project, which is still under construction, is over budget and behind schedule.

7 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

You would think he would look it up.

Come on Brandon ...help me out here.

It isn't a lot and the benefit  it brings the country is worth it and most of the costs are covered by private sponsors. I wonder if Pugsley realizes that tax dollars maintain the launch ramps and fisheries he utilizes.

Edited by Biggie Smails

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Still looking but found this.

The Canadian Olympic Committee spent $2.9-million on a new boardroom, hundreds of thousands of dollars on outside lighting, and more than $1-million on a launch party for its new headquarters in Montreal.

The spending is highlighted in an audit of the COC’s $10-million plan for a headquarters in Montreal that would include an interactive museum and a high-tech office. The audit done by Deloitte, and reviewed by The Globe and Mail, has found that the project, which is still under construction, is over budget and behind schedule.

He was bitching about the athletes getting tax dollars....don't see that here.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

It isn't a lot and the benfit it brings the country is worth it and most of the costs are covered by private sponsors. I wonder if Pugsley realizes that tax dollars maintain the launch ramps and fisheries he utilizes.

"Most athletes develop a great deal of indebtedness," said Donnelly. "They don't get paid anything like a professional athlete would get paid for the sponsorships."

Most athletes will live on a federal government stipend of $18,000 a year, says Hall, noting that figure hasn't increased since 2004. There is also a provincial top-up, which varies from province-to-province. Quebec pays the highest amount, about an additional $10,000.

18k is a fair amount of money though.

I doubt he got that amount of help for nursing school per year..

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/24/canada-olympic-athletes-rrsps_n_4849309.html

Edited by Capt.Storm

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

"Most athletes develop a great deal of indebtedness," said Donnelly. "They don't get paid anything like a professional athlete would get paid for the sponsorships."

Most athletes will live on a federal government stipend of $18,000 a year, says Hall, noting that figure hasn't increased since 2004. There is also a provincial top-up, which varies from province-to-province. Quebec pays the highest amount, about an additional $10,000.

18k is a fair amount of money though.

I doubt he got that amount of help for nursing school per year..

So what....I bet there are a lot of people that don't fish or boat that bitch about tax money spent on maintaining that infrastructure. Everybody has an axe to grind not to mention who pays his salary?

38 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Nurses shouldn't either. Do you know how much they are paid by the Canadian Government?

You do understand in a publicly funded country like Canada where the Feds and Prov control health care the pay comes from taxes.....

But an athlete should not be receiving $$$ from taxes.  It happens in Canada.  A simple google search will answer your questions. 

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So what....I bet there are a lot of people that don't fish or boat that bitch about tax money spent on maintaining that infrastructure. Everybody has an axe to grind not to mention who pays his salary?

Now you're starting to make this simple discussion convoluted.

BTW he does provide a great service for his money.

Edited by Capt.Storm