Check your account email address ×

$500 a cord

BOHICA

On 11/17/2022 at 7:02 AM, Badger** said:

Ben I have been in the logging industry my whole life I can get a face cord of fire wood in northern Wisconsin for $35 for fire wood, maybe not the best wood, guys are selling alone the road all the time. Semi load of cut 8' clean wood you cut down for $750.00. Guys in southern Wi would love to buy it from up north Wi but we have a three-county rule in the state of Wisconsin due to the ash borer disease. I should have said face cord but still its a great price. 

52 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Ok Rob one more time I have never seen a post of yours on Here, HCS or Snow Sledders or any site other saying that you are or were in the logging Industry your whole life, I joined this site Dec 09 2020 so again never seen your post above, Meat Man not Logging Industry Man do you want to go find one of your logging posts HCS and post a screen shot on here???

image.thumb.png.6a916db8e3fd765907e14f72ceaf8ddb.png

Sorry I never mentioned it to you, do you feel left out? I'm sure this is not the first time the subject has come up. But your welcome to go look for it. BTW you can still go on HCS its not that hard. 

5 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Sorry I never mentioned it to you, do you feel left out? I'm sure this is not the first time the subject has come up. But your welcome to go look for it. BTW you can still go on HCS its not that hard. 

Nope, I do not feel left out Rob and NO I'm not going to go look for your old posts from years ago on HCS or any other site(s).... :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Nope, I do not feel left out Rob and NO I'm not going to go look for your old posts from years ago on HCS or any other site(s).... :thumbsup:

Suggestion then next time don't bring it up. So your talking out of you're ass Jerry again. 

Thank you, Got it. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Badger** said:

Suggestion then next time don't bring it up. So your talking out of you're ass Jerry again. 

Thank you, Got it. :thumbsup:

How in the world is me asking as question about your comment me talking out of my ass???? Again Meat Man your entire life and now you have been in the Logging Industry your entire life??? So No Ones allowed to question or ask questions about your posts and comments?????? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

How in the world is me asking as question about your comment me talking out of my ass???? Again Meat Man your entire life and now you have been in the Logging Industry your entire life??? So No Ones allowed to question or ask questions about your posts and comments?????? 

Don’t worry Jerry there isn’t a single member here that believes the lifelong logging bullshit. NOBODY!!!!

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Don’t worry Jerry there isn’t a single member here that believes the lifelong logging bullshit. NOBODY!!!!

:dunno: 

He might have been or even still be, but because I question his post(s) I'm talking out of my ass??

Ben I've been in the logging industry my whole life... Face Cord

When I was 5 and my sister was 7 and we planted some trees

when I was a teenager I helped out with I think it was his grandfathers logging business for a few years and at some point he go into the meat Industry??? 

I guess your not allowed to ask question any more.............. :dunno:

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2022 at 7:38 AM, Highmark said:

I got more dead red elm (Dutch Elm disease) on the property than I could burn in 100 years.  

I got a bud with about 80 acer of oak wilt 

He has been heating his 45x120 poll barn. his shop. and home his walks and driveways  for about a decade with a huge outdoor boiler he loads with a skid . Still has not made a dent in the woods lol 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HSR said:

I'll give you the lifelong how about since the age of five. Planting trees in the summers working with Foresters, logging, and logging management of lands over seeing cuttings working with hardwood renewable programs working with Wisconsin Timber and land working with the Wisconsin DNR on Forest development and going to Northwest tech to learn about Lumber grading working with Consolidated paper and working and owning part of the Wisconsin Ice Age Trail and helping developing a logging program for our part of the Ice age trail. 

But hey its all bull shit right? :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

There isn't a logger anywhere that would refer to a "face cord" as a cord of wood. It's just not relevant in the industry unless you're selling firewood. People paying $250 for a face cord in Wi like someone claimed seems like BS too.

1 hour ago, Jerry 976 said:

When I was 5 and my sister was 7 and we planted some trees

when I was a teenager I helped out with I think it was his grandfathers logging business for a few years and at some point he go into the meat Industry??? 

Considering he has been in the meat industry since the beginning of time and can't ID a steak it should come as no surprise that he has been in the logging industry since he was 5, but yet said Face Cord.  That or he has no idea on wood prices and realized he fucked up on his lie and tried to cover it up.  Either way it's pathetic.

My old place had an outdoor Taylor 750 wood boiler. Heating a 1250 sq ft home and 1100 sq ft garage with 16ft walls I would go through 12-15 cord of green birch per winter. Nice thing was it got delivered in 8ft or tree length for free and I just had to cut in to 32" pieces and haul them in the shed and toss them in whole. Firebox was 36"x36"x36" or there about. I hated it with a passion after 15 years or so.

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

My old place had an outdoor Taylor 750 wood boiler. Heating a 1250 sq ft home and 1100 sq ft garage with 16ft walls I would go through 12-15 cord of green birch per winter. Nice thing was it got delivered in 8ft or tree length for free and I just had to cut in to 32" pieces and haul them in the shed and toss them in whole. Firebox was 36"x36"x36" or there about. I hated it with a passion after 15 years or so.

You burn the Birch bark too?

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

That Bark is like gasoline.:bbq:

You bet, when you have 8” of orange coals it would be blazing almost out of control by the time I had it loaded :lol: 

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

You bet, when you have 8” of orange coals it would be blazing almost out of control by the time I had it loaded :lol: 

I used an indoor free standing Consolidated Dutchwest  Catalytic stove, when I would cut Birch I took the saw and cut a line across the Bark, then stripped it off, burned it in my Fire ring outdoors.

Being in a lifelong logging family sure was great, wood delivered for free and my BIL’s logging shop was 300 yards from our house so I always had equipment at my disposal. One year he even used his slasher to cut my wood.

13 hours ago, HSR said:

Being in a lifelong logging family sure was great, wood delivered for free and my BIL’s logging shop was 300 yards from our house so I always had equipment at my disposal. One year he even used his slasher to cut my wood.

The company below does it all, Land management, Logging & Processing their logs into firewood, pretty cool what all they do with their logging company, they pretty much use everything from their logs through out the process. 18 tons wet to 12 tons after being kiln dried.... :thumbsup: 

There's a lot of firewood processing equipment out there from homeowner grade to commercial/industrial. Some logging companies cut their logs just for firewood and process it on site or haul the logs back to their facilities and then process the full size logs into firewood there. I've heard about logging companies who haul out damaged & downed trees from storms and tornadoes that would other wise be left behind and process those logs into firewood. There's some pretty cool videos on youtube with the firewood cutting & processing equipment and some of the homemade shit is pretty scary to watch...... :lolz:

Edited by Jerry 976