Check your account email address ×

8 year cost of ownership…. EV vs ICE

BOHICA

The governemnt doesn't have money to give to anyone unless it takes it from someone else.

If the governemnt gives Tesla $7,500, it came from somewhere.

Saying anything else is so disingenuous as to be absurd.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Snake said:

The governemnt doesn't have money to give to anyone unless it takes it from someone else.

If the governemnt gives Tesla $7,500, it came from somewhere.

Saying anything else is so disingenuous as to be absurd.

Government doesn’t give anybody $7500 to buy an EV.  Individual buying the vehicle pays the price. 

Amazing how ignorant so many Americans are to what Non refundable tax credits are.

being against non refundable tax credits is wanting others money.  Nothing more, nothing less.  So AOCesque

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Government doesn’t give anybody $7500 to buy an EV.  Individual buying the vehicle pays the price. 

Amazing how ignorant so many Americans are to what Non refundable tax credits are.

being against non refundable tax credits is wanting others money.  Nothing more, nothing less.  So AOCesque

The gov didn't give you money to put solar power at your residence?

Just now, BOHICA said:

Regardless who gets the money, that money comes from the US Treasury. Whether direct as cash or as a credit, it affects the budget.

We are in a $30b deficit, and every tax credit extends that.

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

The gov didn't give you money to put solar power at your residence?

Nope.  They stole less of my income.  Residential Solar is non refundable tax credit…. If I ultimately owed $0 in income taxes at tax time like 53% of Americans the government wouldn’t cut me a check.  $0 tax benefit.

since I am a net payer it just lowered my over all effective tax percentage.  Government stole less from me is all.

No.

It's a tax credit that does nothing to the deficit.

He reminds of a guy who says "I don't care, its a write off"

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Regardless who gets the money, that money comes from the US Treasury. Whether direct as cash or as a credit, it affects the budget.

We are in a $30b deficit, and every tax credit extends that.

So you want other individuals money…. Got it but expected boomer.

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Nope.  They stole less of my income.  Residential Solar is non refundable tax credit…. If I ultimately owed $0 in income taxes at tax time like 53% of Americans the government wouldn’t cut me a check.  $0 tax benefit.

since I am a net payer it just lowered my over all effective tax percentage.  Government stole less from me is all.

Someone still paid for it.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Someone still paid for it.

Yep..  me and me solely…. My tax dollars and only mine.

Unless you think My tax dollars are yours.

Edited by BOHICA

17 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So you want other individuals money…. Got it but expected boomer.

Don't hate me for my Gen X cred.

So this is magic money... money that can be spent, coming from a government that has a negative balance sheet.

In order for there to be money, it has to be taken. If it doesn't come from you it is coming from somewhere else.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Snake said:

So this is magic money... money that can be spent, coming from a government that has a negative balance sheet.

In order for there to be money, it has to be taken. If it doesn't come from you it is coming from somewhere else.

It comes from me and my income tax only.  If I had $0 income tax liability no government check is cut for it.   It’s just me stopping some of the theft of my money.

you like others money don’t you?

you may be genx on age but 100% freeloading boomer on principles.

Exactly what I’m trying to get through.

That is less tax coming in for federal or state funding and too meet budget they will raise taxes because you took tax credit!

like how people think it only affects them!!

just like covid ppp they were giving cities!!

damn near forcing $10k down our little towns throat to buy stuff we didn’t need !

kept telling us it’s free money take it!!

1 minute ago, X2700 said:

That is less tax coming in for federal or state funding and too meet budget they will raise taxes because you took tax credit!

damn near forcing $10k down our little towns throat to buy stuff we didn’t need !

He got his guvmint cash, and he will defend it to the end.

How often does buying compliance work for the populous?

• Gold Member
Just now, Snake said:

Government "We are giving a $7,500 tax credit for EVs."

Car companies: "Sorry, we find it necessary to inflate the price of our EVs by $8,000."

EV idiots: "It's a tax credit!!!!!1111"

Somebody buys that EV that has $0 income tax liability is their a $7500 tax credit on that purchase?

Yes or No?

Just now, BOHICA said:

Somebody buys that EV that has $0 income tax liability is their a $7500 tax credit on that purchase?

Yes or No?

I agree... it is a tax break for the wealthy. Exactly the people who don't need them. I.E.... welfare.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, X2700 said:

How about child tax credits, deductions as well as standard deduction?  Same feeling on those?  They lower the tax uptake by the government forcing the burden onto higher income earners….

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

No.

It's a tax credit that does nothing to the deficit.

The government deficit is a result of government spending and not from government taxation revenue you stupid retard. 

Edited by BOHICA