Check your account email address ×

Harrelsons own...CBD...anyone try it?

• Platinum Contributing Member

I am going to order this based soley on their commercial. Great marketing... imo.

Does anyone use CBD? And what were your results? I am not really a believer in them but figure I will give this a shot.

4 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I am going to order this based soley on their commercial. Great marketing... imo.

Does anyone use CBD? And what were your results? I am not really a believer in them but figure I will give this a shot.

There’s a different oral medication you should try , I’m sure it would work wonders for you....it’s called beretta 9mm. You just put the small end of tube in your mouth and give it a squeeze. All of our I mean your problems will be solved!!!

image.jpeg.4eae8e6614a18722ab96c70dd426c5c0.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

There’s a different oral medication you should try , I’m sure it would work wonders for you....it’s called beretta 9mm. You just put the small end of tube in your mouth and give it a squeeze. All of our I mean your problems will be solved!!!

image.jpeg.4eae8e6614a18722ab96c70dd426c5c0.jpeg

Can always count on you for a divine answer and sound advice:thumb::bigfinger:

9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I never noticed any changes when I used it for a year, well not exactly true, my wallet had less $$$$$.

Hey, what did you say you take for blood pressure that has helped?...mine has been running borderline high lately. Trying to avoid BP meds.  

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Hey, what did you say you take for blood pressure that has helped?...mine has been running borderline high lately. Trying to avoid BP meds.  

Beet Root juice and extra Virgin olive oil, BP was 97/63 earlier today.

Beet Root powder can be bought at Walmart or Amazon, liquid might work best but costly and have to dispose of the glass quart bottles.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Beet Root powder can be bought at Walmart or Amazon, liquid might work best but costly and have to dispose of the glass quart bottles.

Yeah, I take the beet root in capsules, which seems to have lowered it a bit. How much of the olive oil do you take? I will try that too. My blood pressure is pretty good at home 125/75 but spikes a bit at Dr's....white coat syndrome? 150/ 86.

Your BP is terrific:bc:

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah, I take the beet root in capsules, which seems to have lowered it a bit. How much of the olive oil do you take? I will try that too. My blood pressure is pretty good at home 125/75 but spikes a bit at Dr's....white coat syndrome? 150/ 86.

Each morning I take +/- a teaspoon to a tablespoon, just slug it out of the bottle.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Just think of butterflys and hummingbirds on flowers while the Doc takes it.

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Just think of butterflys and hummingbirds on flowers while the Doc takes it.

Lmao.....I was actually thinking of petting my cat at the time but it didn't work:lol:

Lmao.....I was actually thinking of petting my cat at the time but it didn't work:lol:

I tried different things while using my own BP cuff, thinking about what I said worked, very relaxing.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I also eat a Bananna each morning, Potassium.

Dr. Wasn't too concerned but he wants a recheck in February.....if it is high then he might want to put me on meds. I will definitely add the olive oil and eat more bananas. I had 3 this past week put will have one daily as well

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Dr. Wasn't too concerned but he wants a recheck in February.....if it is high then he might want to put me on meds. I will definitely add the olive oil and eat more bananas. I had 3 this past week put will have one daily as well

Just checked mine now, 110/68, heart rate 57, O2 98.

I do take a baby asprin each evening at this time.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Just checked mine now, 110/68, heart rate 57, O2 98.

I do take a baby asprin each evening at this time.

Wow.....your heart rate is very low....Isn't it almost too low? Must be those marathons you run

Wow.....your heart rate is very low....Isn't it almost too low? Must be those marathons you run

Yeah if I could walk without a Cane (Lymes damage to my joints)..I can & do ride a Bicycle almost everyday including Winter unless very slippery then I ride my Stationary Bike.

• Like 1

Beet juice may help lower your blood pressure. Researchers found that people who drank 250 milliliters (or about 8.4 ounces) of beet juice daily lowered both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.

Nitrates, compounds in beet juice that convert into nitric oxide in the blood and help widen and relax blood vessels, are thought to be the cause.

According to a small 2012 studyTrusted Source, drinking beet juice increases plasma nitrate levels and boosts physical performance.

During the study, trained cyclists who drank 2 cups of beet juice daily improved their 10-kilometer time trial by approximately 12 seconds. At the same time, they also reduced their maximum oxygen output.

Results of a 2015 study suggest further benefits of the nitrates in beet juice. The study showed that people with heart failure experienced a 13 percent increase in muscle power 2 hours after drinking beet juice.

According to a 2011 studyTrusted Source, nitrates may help increase blood flow to the brain in older people and help slow cognitive decline.

After participants consumed a high-nitrate diet that included beet juice, their brain MRIs showed increased blood flow in the frontal lobes. The frontal lobes are associated with cognitive thinking and behavior.

More studies are needed, but the potential of a high-nitrate diet to help prevent or slow dementia is promising.

Straight beet juice is low in calories and has virtually no fat. It’s a great option for your morning smoothie. It’ll give you a nutrient and energy boost as you start your day.

Beets get their rich color from betalains, which are water-soluble antioxidants. According to a 2016 studyTrusted Source, betalains have chemo-preventive abilities against some cancer cell lines.

Betalains are thought to be free radical scavengers that help find and destroy unstable cells in the body.

Beets are a good source of potassium, a mineral and electrolyte that helps nerves and muscles function properly. Drinking beet juice in moderation can help keep your potassium levels optimal.

If potassium levels get too low, fatigue, weakness, and muscle cramps can occur. Very low potassium may lead to life threatening abnormal heart rhythms.

Your body can’t function properly without essential minerals. Some minerals boost your immune system, while others support healthy bones and teeth.

Besides potassium, beet juice provides:

Folate is a B vitamin that helps prevent neural tube defects, such as spinal bifida and anencephaly. It may also decrease your risk for having a premature baby.

Beet juice is a good source of folate. If you’re of childbearing age, adding folate to your diet can help you get the daily recommended amount of 600 microgramsTrusted Source.

You may develop a condition known as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease if your liver becomes overloaded due to the following factors:

The antioxidant betaine potentially helps prevent or reduce fatty deposits in the liver. Betaine may also help protect your liver from toxins.

If you have high cholesterol, consider adding beet juice to your diet.

A 2011 study on rats found that beetroot extract lowered total cholesterol and triglycerides and increased HDL, or “good,” cholesterol. It also reduced oxidative stress on the liver.

Researchers believe beetroot’s cholesterol-lowering potential is likely due to its phytonutrients, such as flavonoids.

Your urine and stools may turn red or pinkish after eating beets. This condition, known as beeturia, is harmless. However, it may be startling if you don’t expect it.

If you have low blood pressure, drinking beet juice regularly may increase the risk of your pressure dropping too low. Monitor your blood pressure carefully.

If you’re prone to calcium oxalate kidney stones, don’t drink beet juice. Beets are high in oxalates, which are naturally occurring substances that form crystals in your urine. They may lead to stones.

Beets are healthy no matter how you prepare them. However, juicing beets is a superior way to enjoy them because cooking beets reduces their nutritional value.

If you don’t like beet juice straight up, try adding some apple slices, mint, citrus, or a carrot to cut through the earthy taste.

If you decide to add beet juice to your diet, take it easy at first. Start by juicing half a small beet and see how your body responds. As your body adjusts, you can drink more.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 6:14 PM, XCR1250 said:

Adding the olive oil might have been the magic ticket. Blood pressure excellent!

Took 2 readings tonight 96/70 and 105/69.

Thanks XCR :bc:

On 10/15/2022 at 5:59 PM, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

My resting heart rate will dip into the high 40s. Very rarely does it get into the 100s. Always been like that. You guys have pretty low BP....I'd almost say you have low BP.  My BP usually hovers around 120s and high 70s to 80s.

8 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Adding the olive oil might have been the magic ticket. Blood pressure excellent!

Took 2 readings tonight 96/70 and 105/69.

Thanks XCR :bc:

It works, just now mine is 102/68 and I was just outside walking my dog so probably will be lower after I sit for awhile.