Check your account email address ×

which generation has spent the most and taxed the least?

Crnr2Crnr

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/federal-receipt-and-outlay-summary

hi boomers :koo-koo:

congratulations genX, millennials, genZ and genA as your parents, grandparents or great grandparents have created the largest amount of debt in history.  

current US debt - $30.9 trillion

US federal spending - $6 trillion

enjoy retirement boomers, we'll pay for it.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

congratulations genX, millennials, genZ and genA as your parents, grandparents or great grandparents have created the largest amount of debt in history.  

Why do people keep voting for these boomers for public office?  Seems that genX, millennials, genZ keep being convinced to vote for people like Biden, Pelosi, McConnel etc.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So what spending bills have you ever criticized ? 

Imho I use to say 30% cuts across the board then start making cuts as need to get down to 35% 

Now I say not enough 50% across the board . Then more calculated cuts to get us to 55% with in 2 yrs 

And honestly that is not enough 

• Crnr2Crnr changed the title to which generation has spent the most and taxed the least?
2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So what spending bills have you ever criticized ? 

Imho I use to say 30% cuts across the board then start making cuts as need to get down to 35% 

Now I say not enough 50% across the board . Then more calculated cuts to get us to 55% with in 2 yrs 

And honestly that is not enough 

one of the largest growth areas for decades has been the growth of government and the expense of the employees associated with the growth 

debt clock says we currently have 23,304,613 'government employees' 

that's a lot of pensions to fund 

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Why do people keep voting for these boomers for public office?  Seems that genX, millennials, genZ keep being convinced to vote for people like Biden, Pelosi, McConnel etc.

Not trump's. Am I rite?

20 hours ago, racer254 said:

yes, that's a big part of the problem.  

these offices have turned into lifetime appointments

if not for so many ignorant and uneducated voters ... 

:)

• Like 1

https://www.stlouisfed.org/institute-for-economic-equity/the-real-state-of-family-wealth/generational-and-age-household-wealth-trends-and-wealth-inequality

on the bright side the boomers estates will be either gobbled up by the nursing home and health care system or transfered to the next generation.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.stlouisfed.org/institute-for-economic-equity/the-real-state-of-family-wealth/generational-and-age-household-wealth-trends-and-wealth-inequality

on the bright side the boomers estates will be either gobbled up by the nursing home and health care system or transfered to the next generation.

Boomers are fueling the current economy. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

What a whiny bunch. Every generation has the same investment opportunities as the boomers. 

5C09E4C6-BFE6-436A-9CB9-0AA8423D882D.jpeg

do you know what else boomers had that worked median paying blue collar nongovernmental jobs? 

pensions 💡

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Then get a job that involves a pension. I did. 

Let us begin with a simple but vitally important proposition: Government in America was never supposed to engage in the multitude of activities that it does today. 

• There are now more Americans employed by government than by the entire manufacturing sector in America.

• In the past 25 years the federal government has spent $2.5 trillion on welfare and aid to cities. This is enough money to purchase all of the assets of the Fortune 500 companies plus all of the farmland in the United States.

• In 1987 U.S. farmers received more money in government subsidies than they did in selling their crops in the marketplace. In short, farmers now produce for the government, not for U.S. consumers.

• In three states today—California, Maine, and New York—almost half of all middle-income family wages are captured by government through income, payroll, property, and sales taxes, and other levies.

Why is the American public not rising up in protest? The answer seems to be that the growth of government has been sufficiently gradual over the past 50 to 100 years that most Americans today probably believe that this is the way government in America ought to act and has always acted

https://fee.org/articles/the-growth-of-government-in-america/

That's from 1993... !!!

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Let us begin with a simple but vitally important proposition: Government in America was never supposed to engage in the multitude of activities that it does today. 

• There are now more Americans employed by government than by the entire manufacturing sector in America.

• In the past 25 years the federal government has spent $2.5 trillion on welfare and aid to cities. This is enough money to purchase all of the assets of the Fortune 500 companies plus all of the farmland in the United States.

• In 1987 U.S. farmers received more money in government subsidies than they did in selling their crops in the marketplace. In short, farmers now produce for the government, not for U.S. consumers.

• In three states today—California, Maine, and New York—almost half of all middle-income family wages are captured by government through income, payroll, property, and sales taxes, and other levies.

Why is the American public not rising up in protest? The answer seems to be that the growth of government has been sufficiently gradual over the past 50 to 100 years that most Americans today probably believe that this is the way government in America ought to act and has always acted

https://fee.org/articles/the-growth-of-government-in-america/

UPS is begging for people. They have a great pension. There’s tons of opportunities out there right now. Way more than when I entered the workforce. Unemployment was 18% in my area at that time. I’m just hearing a lot of whining. Guys are still taking snowmobile trips, buying new sleds, cars, and trucks here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

UPS is begging for people. They have a great pension. There’s tons of opportunities out there right now. Way more than when I entered the workforce. Unemployment was 18% in my area at that time. I’m just hearing a lot of whining. Guys are still taking snowmobile trips, buying new sleds, cars, and trucks here. 

dude, I'm not looking for a job or a pension.  I was merely pointing out that your particular generation was the last of the company taking care of it's workers.   

I started my 401k in 1990 amongst other investments... I'm good 👍

21 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

enjoy retirement boomers, we'll pay for it.  

Global currencies are tanking. Boomers will say "Ha, the dollar is the go to for the world yay!" Except... the rest of the world will start dumping US treasury notes to prop themselves up. Bond markets will crash. Everyone is going to start printing money like crazy again at the same time raising interest rates. How do you think that will end up for us? 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

dude, I'm not looking for a job or a pension.  I was merely pointing out that your particular generation was the last of the company taking care of it's workers.   

I started my 401k in 1990 amongst other investments... I'm good 👍

I worked for a health care org that began to value share holders over employees. I made an informed decision to leave. My only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner. The shift began around 1994. People got greedy with their investments and wanted more. They want maximum profits on the 401k. Supporting workers doesn’t mesh with that mentality. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Global currencies are tanking. Boomers will say "Ha, the dollar is the go to for the world yay!" Except... the rest of the world will start dumping US treasury notes to prop themselves up. Bond markets will crash. Everyone is going to start printing money like crazy again at the same time raising interest rates. How do you think that will end up for us? 

You keep saying that. But the reality is that there’s trillions of dollars being bought up right now. It continues to be the safe haven currency for the world. There’s trillions sitting on the sidelines right now waiting for the overinflated mess of the past several years to settle down. 

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I don't get it either? Numerous opportunities to better your life, better your job and acquire a pension if one so desires but it seems a lot just want to bitch about boomers and the like. It's bewildering. O.o

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You keep saying that. But the reality is that there’s trillions of dollars being bought up right now. It continues to be the safe haven currency for the world. There’s trillions sitting on the sidelines right now waiting for the overinflated mess of the past several years to settle down. 

Bought up by who? 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

crYPt0!!! 

:roflcrying:

counterpoint

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I worked for a health care org that began to value share holders over employees. I made an informed decision to leave. My only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner. The shift began around 1994. People got greedy with their investments and wanted more. They want maximum profits on the 401k. Supporting workers doesn’t mesh with that mentality. 

remember the dot-com bubble, that was a tiny bump in the road compared to what we've seen since the federal reserve meddling from 2009-2021

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

crYPt0!!! 

:roflcrying:

counterpoint

remember the dot-com bubble, that was a tiny bump in the road compared to what we've seen since the federal reserve meddling from 2009-2021

Most people dont have the mental capacity to understand how they have been fucked over by fractional reserve banking. They think everything is democrat/republican.