Check your account email address ×

Ron Johnson’s wealth boosted by China.

spin_dry

A close examination of Johnson’s financial disclosures and other public filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission, legal filings and other public records reveal that Johnson’s wealth was boosted by his company’s ties to another company that was owned and managed by his family, which in turn grew its business in China, acquired businesses in China, and reported having a loan worth tens of millions of dollars from the Bank of China.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/13/ron-johnson-income-china-links-pacur

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

A close examination of Johnson’s financial disclosures and other public filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission, legal filings and other public records reveal that Johnson’s wealth was boosted by his company’s ties to another company that was owned and managed by his family, which in turn grew its business in China, acquired businesses in China, and reported having a loan worth tens of millions of dollars from the Bank of China.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/13/ron-johnson-income-china-links-pacur

@racer254

🤔

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@racer254

🤔

And how is Jesse Mandela Barnes doing with his tax evasion?

Ron Johnson seems to pay all his taxes.

Have either of you even read the article?  LOL. 

spin won't even buy a domestic car, but continues to tout how good foreign car companies are....Hypocrites.

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

spin won't even buy a domestic car, but continues to tout how good foreign car companies are....Hypocrites.

IDK 

I just know you're a fan and didn't think this would be in the newsletter.

:)

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

IDK 

I just know you're a fan and didn't think this would be in the newsletter.

:)

Really?  The left will use every tactic possible to win this election, except possibly put up a better guy than Ron Johnson.

Just now, racer254 said:

Really?  The left will use every tactic possible to win this election, except possibly put up a better guy than Ron Johnson.

why does he keep calling my land line and mailing me fund raising letters?

he's rich 🤑

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Fuck man , spin fucks a blow up doll with slanted eyes and a haircut like moe from the 3 stooges.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Fuck man , spin fucks a blow up doll with slanted eyes and a haircut like moe from the 3 stooges.

I am sure he has retirement funds in companies based in China as well.  He is just a weird duck.

Barnes says he was too busy campaigning to pay property taxes

Mandela-Mandela--1024x673.jpeg

By M.D. Kittle

MADISON — It’s a problem common to the average American: You get so busy campaigning for political office you forget to pay your property taxes.

Such are the real struggles of Wisconsin’s grossly out-of-touch lieutenant governor Mandela Barnes.

At a campaign stop last weekend in Milwaukee, Gov. Tony Evers’ part-time second-in-command and full-time Democrat candidate for U.S Senate brushed off being delinquent on his property taxes, but “who among us?”

Barnes blamed the distractions of campaigning for lieutenant governor in 2018 for his late payments on his Milwaukee condo property.

“And, you know, with property taxes, I was late paying them, you know? I was late paying them. Again, who among us?” Barnes said during the candidate meet-and-greet.

Here’s the video.

In 2019, Barnes stormed out of an interview with Fox6 News when questioned about his two delinquent tax bills at the time. With interest and penalties, Barnes owed $2,225.43, money the tax-and-spend local government desperately needed to pay for an array of liberal initiatives that the Democrat has long supported.

During the 2019 interview, Barnes indignantly waved off the Fox 6 reporter, saying, “This is Juneteenth, they want to talk about property taxes.”

He said he didn’t know how his late property tax payments became a story.

“Most people I know have a balance and the check is in the mail,” he said at the time. “That was blown way out of proportion.”

Most people who run behind on their property tax payments don’t cite running for lieutenant governor as an excuse.

The lieutenant governor who hopes to be the Democratic Party’s challenger to U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Oshkosh) in November, paid no income tax in 2018 and was on BadgerCare Plus — Wisconsin’s Medicaid program — while his only job apparently was campaigning. He reportedly lived off personal savings. His campaign picked up $15,000 in meals, travel and other campaign-related expenses during his run for lieutenant governor.

He also had the good fortune of getting a bundle of cash from a family estate sale. Of course, he could have used some of that money to buy into a health care plan on the individual market while he spent the year campaigning. Instead Barnes sunk his cash into two condos — the one in Milwaukee for $107,000 in 2017 and the other in Madison for $122,000 about a month after he began his tenure as lieutenant governor. He paid cash for the Madison property and dropped $30,000 on a down payment for the Milwaukee condo.

And taxpayer assistance.

Barnes has a history of taking advantage of the system — and taxpayers. While he was raking in $80,000 a year as Lieutenant governor and buying another condo property, he failed to pay a fine for several outstanding parking tickets. The scofflaw then couldn’t renew his vehicle registration. He reportedly sold the car and then had taxpayers pick up the tab to have the State Patrol’s Dignitary Protection Unit chauffeur him around the state and beyond.

“In just the first two months of 2019, the state patrol has racked up nearly 898 hours shuffling Barnes back and forth to official, personal and political events at a cost to the taxpayers of $36,622,” Wispolitics reported. “This puts the state on pace to spend nearly $220,000 this year alone on Barnes’ detail. That’s more than 50x what was spent in 2018 to cover Kleefisch, who received just 95.5 hours of coverage throughout the entire year at a cost of $4,370. Unlike Kleefisch, Lt. Governor Barnes is using state patrol to drive him to personal events such as church and going ice fishing.”

At last weekend’s campaign event, Barnes said he paid off his late property tax bill.

“But you know, if you don’t pay your property taxes, your house gets foreclosed. I am happy to report I am living in the same place,” he said.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Spin ain't stimulating any economy.:lol:

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

I own two fords, you creepy little cretin 

New ad for jesse mandela barnes.

Barnes is committed to bringing good-paying, family-sustaining union manufacturing jobs back to America and back to Wisconsin to lower prices, address supply chain shortages, and ensure every Wisconsinite has a fair shot at the American dream. 

That sure seems like the opposite of anything that he and the liberal policies he supports have done.

Edited by racer254

it's going to be a battle this one. 

big pac$ will start flooding the media for both soon and there's already a shitload of advertising.  heck, I watched a YouTube video yesterday and there were ad's for both of them.  Johnson will win in my neck of the woods... but I'll be voting against him anyway.

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

big pac$ will start flooding the media for both soon and there's already a shitload of advertising.  heck, I watched a YouTube video yesterday and there were ad's for both of them.  Johnson will win in my neck of the woods... but I'll be voting against him anyway.

Why?

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Johnson is a big phony piece of shit 

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So, you believe in a guy like Barnes who pays his property taxes late and then makes an excuse but yet loves to suck the taxpayer tit.........typical bottom feeding Democrat.

“In just the first two months of 2019, the state patrol has racked up nearly 898 hours shuffling Barnes back and forth to official, personal and political events at a cost to the taxpayers of $36,622,” Wispolitics reported. “This puts the state on pace to spend nearly $220,000 this year alone on Barnes’ detail. That’s more than 50x what was spent in 2018 to cover Kleefisch, who received just 95.5 hours of coverage throughout the entire year at a cost of $4,370. Unlike Kleefisch, Lt. Governor Barnes is using state patrol to drive him to personal events such as church and going ice fishing.”

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

So, you believe in a guy like Barnes who pays his property taxes late and then makes an excuse but yet loves to suck the taxpayer tit.........typical bottom feeding Democrat.

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Why not?

I'm just one vote and I can't stand him.

I just really question the logic of letting emotion get in the way of a vote.  Barnes is by far the worst of the 2, yet you want to vote against Johnson, because he said he would only serve 2 terms?  That is just a bunch of flawed logic and the left loves the fact that conservatives have morals and will abide by those same morals that they have no part of.  FFS, Johnson lives by the same rules, pays his taxes etc, yet barnes feels he doesn't have to pay taxes or do anything like a normal taxpayer.  And you feel johnson is the "bad" guy.