Check your account email address ×

Plastic Surgery surge

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons polled member surgeons nationwide and found more than three-quarters of cosmetic-focused plastic surgery practices are seeing more business than before the pandemic, with nearly 30 percent reporting their business has at least doubled.

Must be all these students that need student loan forgiveness.

Or maybe it was all those people that lost their jobs and needed that extra unemployment money....

"COVID changed everything. No one was traveling, vacations got canceled. So I think a lot of families and patients had a lot more disposable income. And so, they found that this is the right time for them to do a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure," Basu said.

WTF, according to some on this forum, families and people were hurting and without the extra money from the govt, they would starve.

31 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons polled member surgeons nationwide and found more than three-quarters of cosmetic-focused plastic surgery practices are seeing more business than before the pandemic, with nearly 30 percent reporting their business has at least doubled.

Or maybe it was all those people that lost their jobs and needed that extra unemployment money....

Or they realized it was much more ez ti get fucked with a mask and now realize they best get that face fixed 

Or they got extra fat sitting on the couch for a yr a d now need it sucked out 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

"COVID changed everything. No one was traveling, vacations got canceled. So I think a lot of families and patients had a lot more disposable income. And so, they found that this is the right time for them to do a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure," Basu said.

WTF, according to some on this forum, families and people were hurting and without the extra money from the govt, they would starve.

You really are a fucking moron….many families were hurting but not all and your highlighted portion explains the uptick.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You really are a fucking moron….many families were hurting but not all and your highlighted portion explains the uptick.

Not one person I know was hurting.  And I have yet to hear about anyone on this forum hurting that actually wanted to work. 

42 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Not one person I know was hurting.  And I have yet to hear about anyone on this forum hurting that actually wanted to work. 

People you know and this forum…FFS racer it’s a big world out there.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Have you been to the doctors? Ads, brochures and posters are everywhere in the main office. They take you in the exam room and you have to wait and on the walls more ads for cosmetic work, drugs etc.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I had a guy tell me he has never had that much money in his life. Also said he didn't pay rent or utilities the whole time. 

Finally got evicted and can't find a job paying what he was getting for free. My age and no retirement plans what do ever.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

When you have no facts, just use speculation, right?

Just like your quote from the article above…read right before the bold portion. SBYL.

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just like your quote from the article above…read right before the bold portion. SBYL.

You mean this simple fact:  Cosmetic surgeries are up.  That's called a want, not a need.

2 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

I had a guy tell me he has never had that much money in his life. Also said he didn't pay rent or utilities the whole time. 

Finally got evicted and can't find a job paying what he was getting for free. My age and no retirement plans what do ever.

Anyone who was still working, but didn't pay their rent during that time deserves what they get. Did they really think they would never have to come up with the money?     Then again - if they have student loans out, they may not need to pay them anymore, so what do I know???

8 hours ago, racer254 said:

8 hours ago, racer254 said:

6 hours ago, racer254 said:

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

When you have no facts, just use speculation, right?

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

You mean this simple fact:  Cosmetic surgeries are up.  That's called a want, not a need.

No shit…it’s a want  in most cases and not a need…what’s your point? You said it must be those that want student loans forgiven and those that collected unemployment…where’s your proof?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 hours ago, racer254 said:

I didn’t want to work and I wasn’t hurting. You grudgingly paid my way. :lol: 

15 hours ago, Catalina said:

Anyone who was still working, but didn't pay their rent during that time deserves what they get. Did they really think they would never have to come up with the money?     Then again - if they have student loans out, they may not need to pay them anymore, so what do I know???

Life is going to get hard for those folks, most rent and if you have been watching the market it's gone crazy. Land lords are going to recover the loss imposed by the government. Look what rents are at UMass now.

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Elective surgeries were brought to a standstill during Covid. Of course there will be an uptick in these type of surgeries. I swear that this place is filled with the head injured. 

Racer is dumb enough to drag the entire curve to the left 

15 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Elective surgeries were brought to a standstill during Covid. Of course there will be an uptick in these type of surgeries. I swear that this place is filled with the head injured. 

Can you read and understand....IE comprehend the sentence.... 

"more business than before the pandemic,"

Back to the Future - Back to the Future Wallpaper (1969779) - Fanpop

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Can you read and understand....IE comprehend the sentence.... 

"more business than before the pandemic,"

Back to the Future - Back to the Future Wallpaper (1969779) - Fanpop

Which happens when there’s pent up demand over an extended period. Jesus fucking Christ. Is there any critical thought left in your head? 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Which happens when there’s pent up demand over an extended period. Jesus fucking Christ. Is there any critical thought left in your head? 

Please, tell me more about this.  I love how critical thought only comes into play when you aren't trying to be edgy.