Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2017 NFL Thread****

ckf

54 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That’s the ambiguous nature of the where the sport has gone. What is a catch, what is unnecessary roughness, targeting, pi, etc. The game changed but the officials remained human with the same capabilities. What is expected every game does nothing but add uncertainty. Not a good thing for getting plays right or consistent. 

For sure. What gets me the most are holding calls in the middle of a hot drive. There's holding every play, it's always suspect when they choose to call it and when they don't. 

It'd be super easy to rig it. All you'd need is one, maybe two refs on the take. 

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

:lol: if anyone thought the NFL wasnt rigged all they need to do is watch that play .....fucking garbage 

Sometimes it makes you wonder, when I first saw the replay, it looks like Williams intentionally whiffed on that play.

37 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Sometimes it makes you wonder, when I first saw the replay, it looks like Williams intentionally whiffed on that play.

The reality of it is, and Minnesota fans won’t admit this, is that this game is over if Williams just locks his arms around Diggs like HE IS PAID MILLIONS TO DO.  

Not sure WUT he was doing...but I/we appreciate it.  

41 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The reality of it is, and Minnesota fans won’t admit this, is that this game is over if Williams just locks his arms around Diggs like HE IS PAID MILLIONS TO DO.  

Don’t say “I”, you’re the prototypical Vikings fan... Don’t even have the intestinal fortituted to watch the game to conclusion... Somehow a bandwagon fan for your own state team. SMH... 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Don’t say “I”, you’re the prototypical Vikings fan... Don’t even have the intestinal fortituted to watch the game to conclusion... Somehow a bandwagon fan for your own state team. SMH... 

Meh....I'm a hockey guy #1.  I took a knee as I turned the channel so, I think I'm good.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

no. he would have arrived too early, before the ball got there, creating a PI call. if he also had not taken out the other saints player, he could have tackled diggs. what he should have done was timed the attack a little better.

Edited by Snoslinger

Just now, Snoslinger said:

no. he would have arrived too early, before the ball got there, creating a PI call. if he also had not taken out the other saints player, he could have tackled spuggs. what he should have done was timed the attack a little better.

He should have taken the PI call then.  It doesn't matter the scenario you call here...he blew the play.  It's just the degree of how bad that can be argued.  But hey, we'll be seeing you next weekend!!!!!   I'll be watching intently..depending on what hockey game is playing on another channel.  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

He should have taken the PI call then.  It doesn't matter the scenario you call here...he blew the play.  It's just the degree of how bad that can be argued.  But hey, we'll be seeing you next weekend!!!!!   I'll be watching intently..depending on what hockey game is playing on another channel.  :lol:

which would have set up an easy field goal.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Maybe.  But this worked out better...right?

Are you actually arguing that the NO player didn't blow this game?  

Image result for diggs catch

no, he did blow the game. just explaining why he didn't make the tackle the way everyone thinks he should have. had he done that and got the PI call, he'd have been chastised too. like I said the better move would have been to stay behind him and tackle after the catch. but everything is more clear with hindsight.

no, he did blow the game. just explaining why he didn't make the tackle the way everyone thinks he should have. had he done that and got the PI call, he'd have been chastised too. like I said the better move would have been to stay behind him and tackle after the catch. but everything is more clear with hindsight.

The PI call may not have happened though.  Many hits take place before the ball gets to the receiver.  Smart players make risky plays risking penalties all the time to cover up thier vcoverage mistake.  The risk of a penalty call is better knowing the alternative will most likely be worse. 

My point.  Credit to Keenam and Diggs, but really,  Williams deserves some credit for the Vikes win also....and I bet he is getting just that right now from his coaches and team mates. 

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I wanted the saints to win, as I think the vikes are going to be problematic for the eagles. however, they did allow the saints back in and almost win.

Keenam showed he gets frazzled under pressure...he threw up more than one duck and got lucky.

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The PI call may not have happened though.  Many hits take place before the ball gets to the receiver.  Smart players make risky plays risking penalties all the time to cover up thier vcoverage mistake.  The risk of a penalty call is better knowing the alternative will most likely be worse. 

My point.  Credit to Keenam and Diggs, but really,  Williams deserves some credit for the Vikes win also....and I bet he is getting just that right now from his coaches and team mates. 

I'm pretty sure it would have been called on any given sunday, let alone the manner in which the refs were calling PIs on the saints the entire game...

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Keenam showed he gets frazzled under pressure...he threw up more than one duck and got lucky.

yep, and the eagles have a nasty defense. I'm concerned about their secondary more than anything else. foles is also a concern.

I'm pretty sure it would have been called on any given sunday, let alone the manner in which the refs were calling PIs on the saints the entire game...

SO, the refs were in the Vikes pocket then?  Well...they sure earned their pay by getting Williams to blow the game in the last few seconds.  Whew...good thing too, some of those refs already bought new cars!

Not saying the NFL is not somewhat "coordinated" though.  I feel for sure it is.  That blatant bullshit by WWE wanna be commissioners is bleeding into hockey also.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

SO, the refs were in the Vikes pocket then?  Well...they sure earned their pay by getting Williams to blow the game in the last few seconds.  Whew...good thing too, some of those refs already bought new cars!

Not saying the NFL is not somewhat "coordinated" though.  I feel for sure it is.  That blatant bullshit by WWE wanna be commissioners is bleeding into hockey also.  

well I saw the saints getting some very lame PI calls, yet the Vikings did not, on more obvious PI :news:

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

well I saw the saints getting some very lame PI calls, yet the Vikings did not, on more obvious PI :news:

I didn't.  In fact, I saw some non-calls.  And truth be told, I lost money on that fucking game.  I've seen the Vikes fucking screw the pooch for so many years, most here consider it a given.  

I'm doubling down and taking Philly by 12.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Seemed to be called pretty evenly and give that a kid a break....20 year old rookie that made a bad play and owned up big time after the game. Also give Diggs credit for staying on his feet and inbounds.

24 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It makes sense now....:lmao:

image.thumb.png.5b0932c3c5c1695e872f57ab970b0f0a.png

:lol:

Hey, just read your hero is dating Danica Patrick now?

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Seemed to be called pretty evenly and give that a kid a break....20 year old rookie that made a bad play and owned up big time after the game. Also give Diggs credit for staying on his feet and inbounds.

Agreed.

9 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

which would have set up an easy field goal.

Incorrect. Three seconds left, no TO's. All he had to do was wrap up and wait for support. Didn't even need to hit him. Just bear hug and prevent forward movement towards out of bounds to keep the clock running even if tackled out of bounds. This is 100% the worst defensive play of the year. You don't make millions a year and do that.