Check your account email address ×

200k to scrap in one second

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, X2700 said:

But a good tranny will go in reverse!!!

Slow you down quickly!!

used to do them at high rate of speeds!!

Leave a hell of a skid on highway!

gm trannys could take it!!

chryslers you’d take out reverse!!

I’ve done roll backs and shit before at decent speeds but that wasn’t at highway speeds never tried that one. Good to know it’ll go in reverse though😂 👍 although nothing I own currently is a auto.

The reverse idea is interesting.

I know that some transmissions can hold up.  Years ago, before kids were strapped in, a neighbor's kid was dinking around and hit the shifter while mom was driving.  It went nicely into reverse and the vehicle spun out into the ditch.   I'm not aware that there was any damage.  They drove that vehicle for years after the incident.  At the time, we were surprised the transmission was that tough.

The video sure is a sobering reminder about how the little things add up.  It is easy to get caught up in the excitement and downplay the little parts.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, favoritos said:

The reverse idea is interesting.

I know that some transmissions can hold up.  Years ago, before kids were strapped in, a neighbor's kid was dinking around and hit the shifter while mom was driving.  It went nicely into reverse and the vehicle spun out into the ditch.   I'm not aware that there was any damage.  They drove that vehicle for years after the incident.  At the time, we were surprised the transmission was that tough.

The video sure is a sobering reminder about how the little things add up.  It is easy to get caught up in the excitement and downplay the little parts.

It's not the speed that matters, it's the sudden stop!

:lol:

Used to do them at 50+ mph!

hell of a smoke!!

Buddy left parking brake partially on once! Brakes tightened up and we hopped into ditch!luckily we were able to drive out!!

• Like 1

Buddy bought a dodge polara I think it was?

took us couple months to get him to do reverse drop!tried it at about 20 went into reverse and nothing?we had to push his car backwards after that!!he wasn’t happy!!

5 hours ago, X2700 said:

Buddy bought a dodge polara I think it was?

took us couple months to get him to do reverse drop!tried it at about 20 went into reverse and nothing?we had to push his car backwards after that!!he wasn’t happy!!

Buddy had one of those. Somehow in the middle of a 5 minute burnout the rear end decided it had enough and blew up. 

• Like 1