Check your account email address ×

Highland park shooters trumper dad could face charges.

If I looked like that when I was still living at home, NFW my dad is letting me near any of the guns.  I was given my first shotgun at age 12 as a gift for my birthday and for passing Hunter's Safety.  If I'd done any of the shit this nut job did, it would have been locked away in a heartbeat.

I don't care how old the kid was, it's clear he was super fucked up.  Even if the dad doesn't face charges, the fucker should be ashamed.  The fact he's trying to wash his hands of all of it shows he's a sociopath, which suggests how his kid got so fucked up in the first place I suppose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

If I looked like that when I was still living at home, NFW my dad is letting me near any of the guns.  I was given my first shotgun at age 12 as a gift for my birthday and for passing Hunter's Safety.  If I'd done any of the shit this nut job did, it would have been locked away in a heartbeat.

I don't care how old the kid was, it's clear he was super fucked up.  Even if the dad doesn't face charges, the fucker should be ashamed.  The fact he's trying to wash his hands of all of it shows he's a sociopath, which suggests how his kid got so fucked up in the first place I suppose.

I agree.   My son went through a phase in high school.  Moody, depressed, all that shit. The kids  were “cuttting” themselves. It was a big thing at the time.  We went and got him professional help, not a gun!!!

I didn’t worry about him hurting anyone other than himself. The guns were always locked away.  Even to this day he does not have access to them.  No longer lives at home, years later, no longer having issues, but still in my mind.  Why risk it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

I agree.   My son went through a phase in high school.  Moody, depressed, all that shit. The kids  were “cuttting” themselves. It was a big thing at the time.  We went and got him professional help, not a gun!!!

I didn’t worry about him hurting anyone other than himself. The guns were always locked away.  Even to this day he does not have access to them.  No longer lives at home, years later, no longer having issues, but still in my mind.  Why risk it. 

Now they get al tatted up. Same reasons. 

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

A liberal, non-trumper parent would've said no to a gun. 

So this got you jerking off while posing in front of the mirror? Weird as fuck dude

You should keep that weird trump sex fetish shit too your self 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Very well said.  I don't know what the fuck has happened to parents, that they've become so soft, so unprincipled, so fucking woke, that they think its fine to raise these kids by parking them in front of a computer screen and hand out participation trophies.  Then act surprised when they turn out to be mental defects.  We've become far too tolerant with behaviors that shouldn't be accepted, at the very least challenged.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Very well said.  I don't know what the fuck has happened to parents, that they've become so soft, so unprincipled, so fucking woke, that they think its fine to raise these kids by parking them in front of a computer screen and hand out participation trophies.  Then act surprised when they turn out to be mental defects.  We've become far too tolerant with behaviors that shouldn't be accepted, at the very least challenged.

Kids are fucked because they don't get a paddling for misbehaving. No corporal punishment in schools. There needs to be accountability instead of a pat on the head or a stern talking too, especially for repeat offenders.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Skidooski said:

No matter what age I wouldn't be helping someone like this get any firearms

"The 21-year-old suspect was too young to get a gun permit in 2019 from the state of Illinois, but his father, Bob Crimo Jr., sponsored one for him despite previous threats by his son to harm himself and loved ones, authorities have previously said."

On the other hand he was 21 at the time of the shooting and bought the AR after becoming of legal age. 

Do I think the father should not of sponsored the kid at 19 of course.  Would it of changed anything?  Nobody knows.