Check your account email address ×

Supreme Court Shields Border Patrol Agents From Excessive Force Lawsuits

• Platinum Contributing Member

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3516381-supreme-court-shields-border-patrol-agents-from-excessive-force-suits/amp/

The conservative majority, citing national security concerns, declined to extend a judge-made rule that allows plaintiffs to sue federal officers for certain constitutional violations. That relief, based on a precedent set by Bivens v. Six Unknown Named Agents, is generally disfavored by judicial conservatives. 

“Because matters intimately related to foreign policy and national security are rarely proper subjects for judicial intervention,” Thomas wrote, “we reaffirm that a Bivens cause of action may not lie where, as here, national security is at issue.”

Interesting…any thoughts from the panel?🤷🏻

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

tRuMp iS rAcIst . hE wAntS tO kIlL aLL iMmIgRaNtS! 

Oh yeah whoops Joe Biden is President. 

That’s what you got out of the decision by The Supreme Court? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s what you got out of the decision by The Supreme Court? 

Ask Liberals why they linked Supreme Court decisions to Trump? 

Edited by EvilBird

Just now, racer254 said:

Seems that with more WALLS and fences, we would have less of this to worry about.

Cute but this case involved the northern border.

3 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

didn't look too well protected when they accused them of whipping the illegals. actually looked like they were getting fucked over.

Well don’t worry because they can now violate YOUR constitutional rights without fear of reprisal….enjoy!

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

didn't look too well protected when they accused them of whipping the illegals. actually looked like they were getting fucked over.

We’ll Trump was President then. 

just like defund the Police. Now Joe wants to fund the Police and I don’t see any cities being burned down by Obama’s shadow Government. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well don’t worry because they can now violate YOUR constitutional rights without fear of reprisal….enjoy!

aah, they could before. nothing new here

• Thanks 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

We’ll Trump was President then. 

just like defund the Police. Now Joe wants to fund the Police and I don’t see any cities being burned down by Obama’s shadow Government. 

Are you really this dumb?

• Gold Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Are you really this dumb?

Are you a racist spoiled entitled DINK who doesn’t practice what Political bullshit he preaches? 

Answer : Yes 

Its a tough job and there are alot of bad characters operating on the border. If they are using excessive force on human traffickers I am not going to cry about it. Dig a hole and put them in it as far as I am concerned. Then you dont have to worry about law suits

• Like 6

Qualified immunity is needed but must be managed well.   In this particular case the little I've read on it I'd say the SC got it wrong.   I think the agent did abuse his authority and the rights of the Inn owner. 

Note the actions of the agent and phrase "allegedly" is used multiple times in the actual decision.   WTF he rather did or didn't and that makes a significant difference. 

As with any SC case you really need to know what is up for appeal before truly knowing.   It could be procedural or an actual constitutional decision. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Its a tough job and there are alot of bad characters operating on the border. If they are using excessive force on human traffickers I am not going to cry about it. Dig a hole and put them in it as far as I am concerned. Then you dont have to worry about law suits

Same arguments used after 9-11 which led to the Patriot Act and Department of Homeland Security…didn’t realize that you supported this.🤷🏻

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Same arguments used after 9-11 which led to the Patriot Act and Department of Homeland Security…didn’t realize that you supported this.🤷🏻

Go back some pages in your note book I’m sure you’ll find it

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Really I am fundamentally opposed to it but like I said if its human traffickers I would prefer they just dig a hole and put them in it. If it is just immigrants trying to escape I dont support the abuse.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

Really I am fundamentally opposed to it but like I said if its human traffickers I would prefer they just dig a hole and put them in it. If it is just immigrants trying to escape I dont support the abuse.

I agree with that.