Check your account email address ×

Now what?

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

When we got our two new 2002 Challengers equipped with Beeline GPS, I thought we had the world by the balls, coming from lightbars.  

Here's one of our groomers (45) and baby of what you have.   Spend many hours in it except for this year

Groomer.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Here's one of our groomers (45) and baby of what you have.   Spend many hours in it except for this year

Groomer.jpg

how do you guys like the tractors?

I've only ever run Piston bullys.  I like the big roomy cab, controls, and the fact that they can easly deal with more snow than we could ever get

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, krom said:

how do you guys like the tractors?

I've only ever run Piston bullys.  I like the big roomy cab, controls, and the fact that they can easly deal with more snow than we could ever get

For us in central Wisconsin it works out good.  We actually have two Challenges.  We had to address some bridge issues because of the weight but as far as maintenance it's just been general maintenance.  Because we're in central Wisconsin and don't always have groomable snow so during the off season we rent them out to local farmers (club members) for little field work to get some income and free storage and maintenance on them.  Being the configuration of a Challenger with the long nose some road crossings are minor issues until we get the ditches filled in.  Power wise this will pull the drag with ease.  We have sno-plane drags that we can drop the blades and load the drag up with snow and pull it no problem.  The cab on the Challenger is nice up out of the snow dust and don't ice up the windows at all.  The draw back is the jump seat is cramped so when your training a new operator it is not comfortable to sit in. 

The club I'm in in Northern Wisconsin but I'm not involved with the grooming up there they have a combination of Piston Bully's and tractors with Soucy tracks works best up there.  The Piston Bully's are used primarily in the low land swamp areas because the tracks work better and the tractors used it the other areas. 

20190201_005354.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I find myself just amazed at technology.  I started working 2 jobs today at 6am and did them both for almost 12 hours straight.  I worked my normal office job in the tractor.  Probably start planting a bit tomorrow.

Photo from last year, but same set up.  

PXL_20210501_131931130[1].jpg

Planting small grains I assume?