Check your account email address ×

Vending machine service

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

@X2700 knows a thing or two about vending and arcade machines.

How about Jap made slot machines?  I have one, I would like to get going.  Also lost the key to it with similar locks. 

Two options

1.)  Locate original machine owner for  original 🔑 .

2.  Buy replacement lock 🔐 , first for  reference as to where you can drill it out.

b.)  Cobalt drill bits + cutting oil will go through most steels.  If case hardened, grind the outer surface first.

Few sharp drill bits and your in.

way I do it is start with small bit and drill in center about inch then work your way up to size of that center piece.then tap with hammer to get tumbler pins to fall out.

there is a single pin that locks it in and will usually pop open once tumblers are out.I’ll post you pics in morning of that lock.have bunch of them.

34 minutes ago, Cold War said:

How about Jap made slot machines?  I have one, I would like to get going.  Also lost the key to it with similar locks. 

What’s up with slot?

15 minutes ago, X2700 said:

What’s up with slot?

The coins drop right through and it won’t do anything . I have to get back into it, been awhile.  Granddaughter lost key so I can’t even open it now. Something you know about?  Got it from a good friend who passed and really like to get it working again. 

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

The coins drop right through and it won’t do anything . I have to get back into it, been awhile.  Granddaughter lost key so I can’t even open it now. Something you know about?  Got it from a good friend who passed and really like to get it working again. 

Light up at all?fairly older one?should be two key slots on side?if lights up could just need error cleared?hopper jam?if dead could need power supply repaired?

2 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Light up at all?fairly older one?should be two key slots on side?if lights up could just need error cleared?hopper jam?if dead could need power supply repaired?

Yeah, it lights up, plays music. The coin kicks out and it doesn’t do anything.  I’ll take some pictures of it tomorrow. See if I cant find the damn key. 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Only thing he doesn't know how to work on are Arctic Cats.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Does anyone here do anything with vending machines? My company bought the other part of a building that is attached to ours a few years back. There was a pepsi machine left there and I was told I could have it. But of course we cant find the key. Machine plugs in and works, even has the dollar bill receiver on it. I am wondering if anyone can steer me in the way to get a new key? The lock says something around it but we cant make it out. Maybe a sticker on the side? 

20220322_125303.jpg

Drill into lock about 1 1/4” to get by the latch in barrel lock.

it is spring loaded and the spring will fall out and you can usually take pick and pull that latch down to release.

54C38B1D-D7E4-4B32-BAA0-93FA786F0533.jpeg

Edited by X2700
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Does anyone here do anything with vending machines? My company bought the other part of a building that is attached to ours a few years back. There was a pepsi machine left there and I was told I could have it. But of course we cant find the key. Machine plugs in and works, even has the dollar bill receiver on it. I am wondering if anyone can steer me in the way to get a new key? The lock says something around it but we cant make it out. Maybe a sticker on the side? 

20220322_125303.jpg

Drill into lock about 1 1/4” to get by the latch in barrel lock.

it is spring loaded and the spring will fall out and you can usually take pick and pull that latch down to release.

Edited by X2700

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

You want to end up with bit the size of center piece.

00B69273-8CA2-4318-8713-1DFBE896BB1A.jpeg

This is what I have. Know little about it. Obviously need to be able to open it up before I can do anything.  Hopefully find key, really don’t want to drill locks out. 

79101448-5FF5-4A30-9954-5C796265E33C.jpeg

5 minutes ago, X2700 said:

I see guys selling keys for those on ebay.those older slot keys usually the same.

Get her open see what we can do.

:bc:

going to look around a little more and if I can’t find it, I’ll do that. 

On 3/28/2022 at 6:47 PM, SHADOSPRIT said:

I can but dont really want to get into a huge project....figured if i can get key it will be plug in fill with beer!!

My father did that and his machine was outside if his service station, put a piece of tape on one push buttons that said out of order, kids had ever figured it out they would have emptied it LoL