Check your account email address ×

The leaks coming out of the Trump White House right now are totally bananas

The leaks coming out of the Trump White House right now are totally bananas

Here are a few leaks that have come out of the Trump administration in just the last 24 hours: 

* President Trump abruptly ended a phone call with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull after condemning a refugee deal with the country and telling Turnbull "this was the worst call by far" he has had with a world leader. 

* Trump threatened — his administration insisted it was "light-hearted" — Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto with sending American troops into his country. 

* The White House asked Judge Thomas Hardiman to drive toward D.C. to amp up the drama in advance of Trump's Supreme Court pick on Tuesday night. (Hardiman was passed over in favor of Colorado federal appeals court judge Neil Gorsuch.) 

I wrote recently that not only was this the leakiest White House I'd ever seen but also that the leaks — whether purposely or not — seemed to cast the president as a child who badly needs to be managed. What's truly remarkable is that the leaking appears to be growing even more frequent and even more deleterious to President Trump's image within just the last few days. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/02/the-leaks-coming-out-of-the-trump-white-house-right-now-are-totally-bananas/?tid=pm_politics_pop&utm_term=.7e3c12a69c6b

wonder who's doing this leaking? there is only a small amount of people in on those phone calls, and it wouldn't take long to set a trap and figure out who it is. unless, as i said before, much of this is an act.

Edited by Snoslinger

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

wonder who's doing this leaking? there is only a small amount of people in on those phone calls, and it wouldn't take long to set a trap and figure out who it is. unless, as i said before, much of this is an act.

Many think the staff is so concerned they are leaking info. 

Trump admitted the calls even as some donuts here called it all fake news

The are either doing it on purpose thinking it will make Trump look good or because they're trolling.  Honestly don't know...  I like to hope it's the latter because why would you want people that stupid running the country?

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

yeah i saw that but you can't post links here anymore as proof of anything :lol:

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Only think the Aussie PM denied was that trump hung up on him.  Why wouldn't he?  Doesn't exactly make him look good and it doesn't t make Trump look good.  Fact is the WH leeked it.

What he doing to you guys is bananas. It's like you are a moth being drawn to a flame. You guys should go snowmobiling, get away for a bit. Not focus on all of the hate in the world.  

Think about what is really important in life. Sitting around your electronic device waiting for that next "gotcha" moment isn't living. 

• Like 1

Just now, JEFF said:

What he doing to you guys is bananas. It's like you are a moth being drawn to a flame. You guys should go snowmobiling, get away for a bit. Not focus on all of the hate in the world.  

Think about what is really important in life. Sitting around your electronic device waiting for that next "gotcha" moment isn't living. 

This is unprecedented 

2 minutes ago, JEFF said:

just had a nice dinner and some brews out with the wifey, going sledding saturday. i'm enjoying this shit, always have. it's actually a form of stress relief. :bc:

• Like 1

I think it's priceless!  All the media has to do is practice a little ethical journalism again and they wouldn't look so much like the bias hacks they are.  Of course, they've been doing it for so long, they don't remember what real reporting or investigative journalism is, and their writing style is a waxing of poetic in misleading rhetoric for sure.  Pure art and bliss fodder for the ones unschooled enough to buy in.

GUT HOOKED!

Be prepared for unprecedented. You guys are so quick to jump to conclusions that the White House is leaking info, but categorically denied pretty damning evidence that Clintons own people were leaking information about her a few short months ago. Doesn't that seem odd?

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

just had a nice dinner and some brews out with the wifey, going sledding saturday. i'm enjoying this shit, always have. it's actually a form of stress relief. :bc:

All the talk of Sam Adams cold snap on the other thread made me go to the store looking for some.The had just sold their last 6'er. That's worth stressing over.. 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think it's priceless!  All the media has to do is practice a little ethical journalism again and they wouldn't look so much like the bias hacks they are.  Of course, they've been doing it for so long, they don't remember what real reporting or investigative journalism is, and their writing style is a waxing of poetic in misleading rhetoric for sure.  Pure art and bliss fodder for the ones unschooled enough to buy in.

GUT HOOKED!

Since when is reporting the news not ethical?

Unschooled lol.  You don't even know what news or journalism is! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Catman said:

Since when is reporting the news not ethical?

Unschooled lol.  You don't even know what news or journalism is! :lol:

When it is a piece that is unverified and full of the author's opinions and misleading language.

Sorry you cannot tell the difference.  I can spot hackery within a few sentences if the title isn't a for sure give away.  Damn, it must suck having to read this shit being so fucking stupid to not be able to see when you're being misled.

Good luck with all that shit.

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

When it is a piece that is unverified and full of the author's opinions and misleading language.

Sorry you cannot tell the difference.  I can spot hackery within a few sentences if the title isn't a for sure give away.  Damn, it must suck having to read this shit being so fucking stupid to not be able to see when you're being misled.

Dude what did I post that wasn't true?

I'm quite sure I already told that fuckin Liar McLiar to shut the fuck up,!

go put your shine Box away dumbass, you're too stupid to do a good job at your stage of dementia,,,,

Edited by Sleepr2

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's a sign of the "intellectual elite"  LOL

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

:lol:  Solid reporting there.  

15 hours ago, Mainecat said:

He admitted the calls but not what was supposedly said. Big difference. 

15 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I heard those points debunked yesterday on NPR.

Day late again.