Check your account email address ×

Jordan Peterson on parenting

Just now, spin_dry said:

The withdrawal from benzodiazepines can be deadly. Seizures and strokes.  Opiate withdrawal just makes you think that you are dying. Benzodiazepines bind to the GABA A receptors. Causing symptoms similar, and just as lethal as alcohol withdrawal. 

My quadrapalegic uncle takes Xanax daily also as they won’t give him even 25% of the Oxy he used to take and his pain is making it unable for him to exist. He is supposed to be getting a pain pump implant this week and he was a good fit for it during the trial. He’s hoping they are able to put fentanyl in the pump because morphine doesn’t touch his pain. 

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

My quadrapalegic uncle takes Xanax daily also as they won’t give him even 25% of the Oxy he used to take and his pain is making it unable for him to exist. He is supposed to be getting a pain pump implant this week and he was a good fit for it during the trial. He’s hoping they are able to put fentanyl in the pump because morphine doesn’t touch his pain. 

Fuck that’s awful.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

the big one is Xanax. Its pretty widely prescribed

Had no idea that something like that or a Valium could hook someone so badly.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck that’s awful.

He was never supposed to live this long and he knows it. The narcotics he’s taken the last 20 years have taken a toll on his organs. Then when all that oxy pill mill shit went down in Florida they started cutting his prescription. He struggles to function some days because of the nerve pain in his hips.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Years and even months of opioid use causes hyperalgesia. That’s increased pain sensitivity. Opioids always makes the patient hurt more as they lose their natural ability to deal with pain. It’s very unfortunate, but a side effect of the proliferation of pain clinics. I’m not sure how this may apply to your uncle, but with his condition, who really gives a shit. It probably makes him more comfortable physically and emotionally. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Years and even months of opioid use causes hyperalgesia. That’s increased pain sensitivity. Opioids always makes the patient hurt more as they lose their natural ability to deal with pain. It’s very unfortunate, but a side effect of the proliferation of pain clinics. I’m not sure how this may apply to your uncle, but with his condition, who really gives a shit. It probably makes him more comfortable physically and emotionally. 

Yup...he actually does pretty well on the Xanax but he has to ration his opioids for when pain is bad and it fucks with him. I don’t understand why the fuck they can’t just give him enough pills to make him comfortable. He’s somewhere near the end anyways and if they don’t get this pain thing ironed out he’ll just kill himself 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

About what…I know you meant Democrat Underground and no I’m not on that site nor have I ever been….SBYL Sludgearino.🤷🏻

Are you sure?

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yup...he actually does pretty well on the Xanax but he has to ration his opioids for when pain is bad and it fucks with him. I don’t understand why the fuck they can’t just give him enough pills to make him comfortable. He’s somewhere near the end anyways and if they don’t get this pain thing ironed out he’ll just kill himself 

Xanax no doubt controls the muscle spasms from pain. My sister in in the final stages of life and suffers from scoliosis stemming from polio as a child. The bastards won't give her the necessary narcotics either. The medical system in a America is reactionary and loses all common sense as the result. I've been sneaking her edibles out of Michigan and it really helps her with comfort. 

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Xanax no doubt controls the muscle spasms from pain. My sister in in the final stages of life and suffers from scoliosis stemming from polio as a child. The bastards won't give her the necessary narcotics either. The medical system in a America is reactionary and loses all common sense as the result. I've been sneaking her edibles out of Michigan and it really helps her with comfort. 

Man I wish you weren’t such a liar because of that story is true it makes me feel empathy