Check your account email address ×

Putin blows loads of truth all over the US and NATO

6 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Yes which were specific to NA and WESTERN Europe in the face of Soviet expansionism. NATO's encroachment into Eastern Europe and bringing on Eastern European member states is not in keeping with its original mandate, in fact it is exactly what they were defending against but in reverse.

Again this entire conflict has its roots in NATO expansionism. 

But the USSR lost the cold war.  So how is it remnants of the soviet empire feel empowered to enforce policy of a 30 year dead failed state?  Should the Ottomans still be giving direction to the British and the French? 

9 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Yes which were specific to NA and WESTERN Europe in the face of Soviet expansionism. NATO's encroachment into Eastern Europe and bringing on Eastern European member states is not in keeping with its original mandate, in fact it is exactly what they were defending against but in reverse.

You're using the words encroachment and expansionism.  I don't know that safeguarding freedom, sovereignty, peace etc., can be characterized like that, particularly now, and particularly if a sovereign country feels threatened by their neighbors and want to join.  Its also pretty clear by now that Putin is committing war crimes and killing innocents, so even if we're going to cast some responsibility on NATO, his response isn't justified imo.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, frenchy said:

NATO is 100% voluntary.  I’m not sure how that’s expansionism. There’s several democracies that choose not to partake and there’s been no pressure politically or militarily for them to join. The fact that it still exists is a testament to the need. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, f7ben said:

I was still a right wing evangelical nut job when the Rev spoke those words. If I ever meet him I owe him an apology as he was spot on. 

Sooo that that you're not,,,did you change your slogan from Kill yourself to Save Yourself????

Hai Benny :bc:

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

But the USSR lost the cold war.  So how is it remnants of the soviet empire feel empowered to enforce policy of a 30 year dead failed state?  Should the Ottomans still be giving direction to the British and the French? 

The Zionists did it.