Check your account email address ×

China’s installed capacity of renewable energy reaches one billion kilowatts: NEA

The first Sino-foreign joint venture offshore wind power project in China started to generate electricity in east China's Jiangsu Province on Saturday.

The joint venture constructed and operated by CNH Energy and French multinational utility company EDF has realized full capacity power generation with a total installed capacity of 500,000 kilowatts.

After being put into operation, the annual power generation is expected to reach 1.39 billion kilowatt hours, which can meet the annual power demand of 2 million residents, equivalent to cutting the emissions of 441,900 tons of standard coal, 937,500 tons of carbon dioxide and 1,704 tons of sulfur dioxide.

As of the end October, China's accumulative installed capacity for renewable energy reached one billion kilowatts, doubling that in the end of 2015, according to the National Energy Administration. 

The share of renewable energy now accounts for 43.5 percent of the total installed capacity of power generation in China, up 10.2 percentage points over the end of 2015.

Among renewable power sources, the installed capacity of hydropower, wind power, solar power and biomass power generation have reached 385 million kilowatts, 299 million kilowatts, 282 million kilowatts and 35.34 million kilowatts respectively, ranking first in the world.

Global Times 

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

wow, so 2/10s of 1 % of  their population is on green energy? Great.

You might want to re-read that. 2 million is for one wind power project. China is approaching half of their energy needs being suppliant by renewable energy and it's accelerating. China thinks long term. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You might want to re-read that. 2 million is for one wind power project. China is approaching half of their energy needs being suppliant by renewable energy and it's accelerating. China thinks long term. 

Yeah they do.  :lol:  

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/china-starts-building-33-gw-of-coal-powe-idUSKBN2KT01H

China starts building 33 GW of coal power in 2021, most since 2016 -research

https://time.com/6090732/china-coal-power-plants-emissions/

China Is Planning to Build 43 New Coal-Fired Power Plants

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yeah they do.  :lol:  

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/china-starts-building-33-gw-of-coal-powe-idUSKBN2KT01H

China starts building 33 GW of coal power in 2021, most since 2016 -research

https://time.com/6090732/china-coal-power-plants-emissions/

China Is Planning to Build 43 New Coal-Fired Power Plants

You left out their plans for renewable energy, I’m sure that wasn’t intentional. :lol: 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

You left out their plans for renewable energy, I’m sure that wasn’t intentional. :lol: 

:lmao:The mere fact you believe anything coming out of China is cute.

coalpower.JPG

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lmao:The mere fact you believe anything coming out of China is cute.

coalpower.JPG

Just the facts. China is killing America on renewables. The future is theirs. No doubt about it, this will be china’s century. 

• Haha 1

15 years ago I was in the mid west work at a site of a mothballed coal plant.  It was a standard design from the 50s that was built in the 60s and due to emissions and design or the unit it was deemed to be to expensive to be converted to a scrubber plant.  At the time the owner of the plant was finalizing a deal to sell the plant to China. You see China had bought all the rights to the old style coal plant from the MFG and was in the process of building new plants from the old designs.  They wanted to take apart this old plant and study and modify pieces that would be incorporated into new units.  At that time the numbers being thrown around were a couple dozen new plants a Year.  

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Just the facts. China is killing America on renewables. The future is theirs. No doubt about it, this will be china’s century. 

It might be "their century" but it will hardly from their USE of renewable energy, in fact just the opposite.   :lol:  You need to stick to playing Dr. 

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It might be "their century" but it will hardly from their USE of renewable energy, in fact just the opposite.   :lol:  You need to stick to playing Dr. 

I’ll take Elon’s perception of china and their approach to renewables over a guy on some obscure snowmobile site. :) 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

One of our Field guys went to China for a month to put in a gas turbine.  He was working at one of the dozen new cites that really did not even exists 20 years ago.  When he got back he drove to the office pulled his cars keys out of his luggage and tossed the whole bag into the dumpster.  when he got home he went into the garage and stripped off everything he was wearing before he would even go in the house and take a shower.  Just a shit whole... 

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

One of our Field guys went to China for a month to put in a gas turbine.  He was working at one of the dozen new cites that really did not even exists 20 years ago.  When he got back he drove to the office pulled his cars keys out of his luggage and tossed the whole bag into the dumpster.  when he got home he went into the garage and stripped off everything he was wearing before he would even go in the house and take a shower.  Just a shit whole... 

Nice story. They’re still going to own America. 

• USA Contributing Member

China has a ways to go....

Climate change: US vs. China -- Here's how the two biggest emitters stack up - CNN

I'd rather breath outside in the US than China right now and in the next decade... You think they may have let covid out of the country because their people were wearing masks because of pollution and they wanted to force other countries to wear them as well?

Just because you start wiping you ass today don't tell me how much cleaner you are than me.  

• Haha 1

China might have some green energy sources, but their pollution is still off the charts terrible and it's only gotten worse in the last 15 years.  I've been visiting family in Taiwan since before they were my family.  My first trip was 2007.  There are mountains I could see clearly in 2007-2009 that I haven't seen since then.  Taiwan is squarely in China's pollution shadow, and the air quality has been atrocious.  The rate of lung cancer being detected is astronomical.  My wife's cousin is a healthy 45 year old non-smoker mom of 2 who just needed a wedge resection to remove an early stage lung cancer.  Her oncologists say they're seeing a ridiculous number of cases like hers and point to air pollution as the cause.

Edited by Matt

15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ll take Elon’s perception of china and their approach to renewables over a guy on some obscure snowmobile site. :) 

Because he's building plants there?   :lmao:Yeah China's commitment to renewables is the only reason.  

Edited by Highmark

America had more than a 100 year head start over china on industrialization. It wasn’t until the 1970’s that anyone even had an inkling to clean up emissions. I’d say china is doing pretty good considering that piece of reality. Rivers were starting in fire during the “70’s here in America. 

18 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Nice story. They’re still going to own America. 

Well the rich Chinese businessmen are defiantly going to need a place to go as China will be far to polluted to live in.  I do love when you pickup the Chinese communist propaganda talking points and run with them like it is your first love.  Keep up the good work comrade.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Well the rich Chinese businessmen are defiantly going to need a place to go as China will be far to polluted to live in.  I do love when you pickup the Chinese communist propaganda talking points and run with them like it is your first love.  Keep up the good work comrade.  

You still enamored by those WMD talking points. :lol: 

If china wants Taiwan, all they need to do is follow America’s narrative. 

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I guess joe Biden is right about Elon. 

Biden doesn't like Elon, won't invite him to meetings on EV's.  :lol:  

18 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Its priceless.  :lol:  

19 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

They’re buying up America to use at their disposal.