Check your account email address ×

Oh shit, they can grow cops in a lab now...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/01/human-pig-hybrid-embryo-chimera-organs-health-science/

Human-Pig Hybrid Created in the Lab—Here Are the Facts

In a remarkable—if likely controversial—feat, scientists announced today that they have created the first successful human-animal hybrids. The project proves that human cells can be introduced into a non-human organism, survive, and even grow inside a host animal, in this case, pigs.

Edited by motonoggin

Yeah, read that.  Was kind of appalled but there are those that think there is some good medical research behind it.  So, :dunno:  I still don't think that shit like this is justified though.  If nobody thinks these disturbed mad scientists aren't planning to bring this creature into the world where it will spend it's miserable life in a cage being bled, poked and prodded until death when it is dissected is an idiot. Sad to me.

49 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, read that.  Was kind of appalled but there are those that think there is some good medical research behind it.  So, :dunno:  I still don't think that shit like this is justified though.  If nobody thinks these disturbed mad scientists aren't planning to bring this creature into the world where it will spend it's miserable life in a cage being bled, poked and prodded until death when it is dissected is an idiot. Sad to me.

They already have, they call it Momo :lol: 

Sorry Momo, couldn't resist :friends:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Chances are I will need them to grow me a replacement liver .  So I have mixed feelings

That's apparently one of the biggest medical research areas at the moment. Looking at why some animals can grow new body parts. Imagine if someone were to lose a leg or an arm and they were able to grow a new one as part of the healing process.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's some sick shit...

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

That's apparently one of the biggest medical research areas at the moment. Looking at why some animals can grow new body parts. Imagine if someone were to lose a leg or an arm and they were able to grow a new one as part of the healing process.

Or a giant cock! That's where the money will be, giant cock transplants...