Check your account email address ×

New gun control votes today

Just now, Ebsell said:

Maybe it's because most cops here aren't pricks :dunno: has nothing to do with being a sheep. 

There it is.  They've got a tough and shitty job for pay I wouldn't consider for half day employment.  Most are just good ol' local boys just trying to keep order anyway they can...and in case anybody has had their head in the sand, they are really starting to get frustrated about it.

Just now, Zambroski said:

There it is.  They've got a tough and shitty job for pay I wouldn't consider for half day employment.  Most are just good ol' local boys just trying to keep order anyway they can...and in case anybody has had their head in the sand, they are really starting to get frustrated about it.

Honestly I have only ever had one bad experience with a cops attitude and it was a State Trooper. He searched my car and found nothing and he seemed pissed he found nothing. Guy was a dick. But here in Canada I have never had a cop be rude or ignorant in any way. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I wouldn't make it until morning coffee.....

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But only if you are drunk and then only temporarily until you are convicted.  It has to go through the process.  And if they pull you over and they smell achohol, that still doesn't give them the right to search your vehicle.  And if they jerk you around and you don't blow over the limit then...Oooops.  The law is now in your favor.

They cannot just frisk you unless they feel you may have a weapon on you, they are most likely to just "pat you down".  Your body is private property too and again, without probably cause, well, "No sir, I will not consent to a search of my vehicle and person."  Think they can just arrest you?  NOPE.  They now need a warrant...which they will usually get while you wait, but it's not always guaranteed.  But just guess what a cluster it is for them when they find nothing, they have nothing, you are guilty of nothing...again....Ooops.

Oh, while you are doing all this and "exercising your constitutional rights", keep in mind, they've been through this a time before...and if you are guilty of anything at all to save their asses, they'll find it.  And if not, they have a way of making you do or say something that softens their paperwork.  Politeness goes a long way in maybe easing the shit load of problems they are about to start stacking on you.

Now, my disclaimer, I'm not an attorney, but I do stay at a Holiday Inn express whenever possible.  :lol: But, in all seriousness, short of maybe two or three incidents with the law where I CLEARLY deserved my extra ration of shit, I've rarely had any real problems with them and I've had quite a few "moments" up that road.  I also know when I am in some trouble and don't act like a complete ass-clown.  Being kind and polite can go A LONG way...course, in a pinch, that roll of toilet paper makes a nice pillow whilst you enjoy getting your thoughts together in solitary confinement.

I have never had any trouble with police, but they can say they thought you had a weapon and check you, if they say they have probable cause, say smelling pot they can then search according what I read, failing that you are correct they cannot search without permission or a warrant.

I am not a cop hater.

Not sure why some are focusing on the politeness of the officer. It  is irrelevant.

The state has no right to randomly check citizens to see if they are committing crimes, no matter how many lives it saves or crimes it  prevents.

I think all the extra measures are pretty much meaningless, if you can buy the same gun in a private sale without a background check.

Or am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I think all the extra measures are pretty much meaningless, if you can buy the same gun in a private sale without a background check.

Or am I missing something?

In Michigan you can not legally sell to a non cc carrier if you are not a licensed dealer.

You can not legally buy a gun for another individual.

Just now, Cold War said:

In Michigan you can not legally sell to a non cc carrier if you are not a licensed dealer.

You can not legally buy a gun for another individual.

You can here in Pa., they sell guns at flea markets so I am told and they are for sale in the classifieds. 

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

You can here in Pa., they sell guns at flea markets so I am told and they are for sale in the classifieds. 

There will always be shady sales , no matter what.

My wife was going to buy me a rifle for Christmas, told the guy it was for her husband.  He ended the sale and sorry I can't sell it to you now.

44 minutes ago, Cold War said:

There will always be shady sales , no matter what.

My wife was going to buy me a rifle for Christmas, told the guy it was for her husband.  He ended the sale and sorry I can't sell it to you now.

Yes there will be shady sales, but if a guy can legally buy without a background check from a private sale not sure any new law will help.

7 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes there will be shady sales, but if a guy can legally buy without a background check from a private sale not sure any new law will help.

Agreed.

Maybe, I'm just cynical , but this all feel good legislation.

The politicians get to say they are fighting for us and citizens get some false sense of security. 

29 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Agreed.

Maybe, I'm just cynical , but this all feel good legislation.

The politicians get to say they are fighting for us and citizens get some false sense of security. 

Even though it does seem to be common sense  to stop the sales to suspected terrorists, to do so with no proof is wrong and even if it stops that sale someone who wants to carry out an act of terror will still find a way.

13 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Dems voted down common sense republican gun control bills today.

If this was anything more than political theater, the Dems would have voted for the 2 bills that the Republicans did.  But they didn't vote for a republican bill because it was all for show.

11 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Even though it does seem to be common sense  to stop the sales to suspected terrorists, to do so with no proof is wrong and even if it stops that sale someone who wants to carry out an act of terror will still find a way.

What if gun dealers had a list of suspected terrorist ,could they deny to sell a gun to someone on that list I wonder.

11 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Trey Gowdy explained it talking about DUE PROCESS.

“Last week, our president stated that there are individuals who can’t get on planes, but they can go to a gun shop and buy a firearm there and he said ‘nothing we can do to stop them,’ but – and correct me if I’m wrong – the FBI is notified when someone on the terrorist watch list attempts to purchase a firearm, and a NICS [National Instant Criminal Background Check System] check is requested, and the FBI has multiple avenues that they can pursue,” Grassley said at the committee’s hearing on the oversight of the FBI.

“These are some of these avenues: delay the firearms transaction, and if the person is actually a terrorist, the FBI can arrest them for any crime for which there is probable cause, and in addition, the FBI can intervene and directly confront the individual. The FBI can also put the suspect on what’s called around-the-clock surveillance. My question: Aren’t these some of the tools available to the FBI to stop a suspected terrorist from buying a gun?” Grassley asked.

“Mr. Chairman, you’re right,” said Comey. “There are a variety of things that we do when we are notified that someone on our known or suspected terrorist database is attempting to buy a firearm.

“The FBI is alerted when that is triggered, and then we do investigation, understand, are there disqualifiers that we’re aware of that could stop the transactions, and if the transaction goes through, the agents who are assigned to that case, to that subject are alerted to it so they can investigate,” Comey added.

“Thank you very much for that clarification,” said Grassley. “So there are then actually many things that can be done, done right now to stop one, someone on the no-fly list from buying a gun, and that leads me to say that our president is misrepresenting the facts and misleading the American people on that point.”

• Like 1

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

What if gun dealers had a list of suspected terrorist ,could they deny to sell a gun to someone on that list I wonder.

I don't think having 1000's of gun dealers having a list of suspected terrorists is a good idea, further you are presumed innocent, and if you aren't charged with anything, what right does the government have to deny you right?

Just now, 1jkw said:

I don't think having 1000's of gun dealers having a list of suspected terrorists is a good idea, further you are presumed innocent, and if you aren't charged with anything, what right does the government have to deny you right?

Well it would be the dealer that would deny .

But how often would that happen anyways.

I do know that Omar was denied body armor and bullets at one dealer though.

Elkhorn just posted something interesting.

The liberal shit rhetoric train has left the tracks.  Some of the comments on these failed bills from them is just plain absurd.  Only the liberals currently on the teat must believe some of this shit.  There's a better chance I'd start praying to Jesus every night than to somehow crossover into a whole new dimension of dementia and start believing this complete garbage  And nobody can figure out why Trump is so popular....really?  It's because the Liberals are just that much more hated.  Incredible.

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

Well it would be the dealer that would deny .

But how often would that happen anyways.

I do know that Omar was denied body armor and bullets at one dealer though.

Elkhorn just posted something interesting.

What gives a gun dealer the right to deny anyone their constitutional rights?

I have no idea but again gun dealers having a list of "suspected terrorists" is not a good thing.

The constitution doesn't grant anyone the right to own body armor.

Just now, 1jkw said:

What gives a gun dealer the right to deny anyone their constitutional rights?

I have no idea but again gun dealers having a list of "suspected terrorists" is not a good thing.

The constitution doesn't grant anyone the right to own body armor.

Well the one dealer got away with it.

Well everybody can see who the pedophiles are in their area.

Point is dealer did deny and no one has bitched yet that I have seen.

No big deal..if you read elkhorns post above it seems there are things in place but those things may need to be fined tuned better or something.