Check your account email address ×

Well, add me to the list of breakthrough COVID cases.

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Most people I know that got it vaccinated or not just had a mild illness. 

Mine kicked my ass for 2 weeks. Last month. I had phizer shots in April. Not bad enough fir hospital but the muscle pain for almost half of it was pretty brutal. Had to have my muscles worked on a bunch each day to live with it.

1 minute ago, CFM said:

Mine kicked my ass for 2 weeks. Last month. I had phizer shots in April. Not bad enough fir hospital but the muscle pain for almost half of it was pretty brutal. Had to have my muscles worked on a bunch each day to live with it.

Usually when I get a bad bug it’s the body aches that get me too 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Hey JT….if you ever have a hot Appendix or some other malady that requires a doctor just watch a podcast or two and fix it yourself….open leg fracture…pffftt…take some supplements and wrap it with some gauze…you’ll be up and dancing in no time.👍🏼🤣

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Usually when I get a bad bug it’s the body aches that get me too 

1st time for me ever., nothing even remotely close to this. I’m 52. Too long to type out, but it was very strange and crazy for sure. Describing it to those in person i would describe it as ‘ My muscles are under attack’ and ‘my muscles are trying to leave my body.’  It was nuts for sure. 

4 minutes ago, CFM said:

1st time for me ever., nothing even remotely close to this. I’m 52. Too long to type out, but it was very strange and crazy for sure. Describing it to those in person i would describe it as ‘ My muscles are under attack’ and ‘my muscles are trying to leave my body.’  It was nuts for sure. 

I get that from the flu. Feels like my spine wants to explode.  Wife used to make fun of me cause she thought I was being a wimp cause she never experienced it before. And then one time she did lol. She doesn’t make fun of it anymore 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Explain how I am wrong? OR shut your mouth

I'd try to explain but your just too fucking dumb to understand.

My grandpa always used to say do what suits you best.  For you that's being dumb as a fucking rock and so congratulations, you've reached legendary status by keeping your focus laser sharp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ACE said:

I get that from the flu. Feels like my spine wants to explode.  Wife used to make fun of me cause she thought I was being a wimp cause she never experienced it before. And then one time she did lol. She doesn’t make fun of it anymore 

That sucks.

Typically when I get the flu it lasts for 1-2 days. That’s it. No pains. Just temperature and want to sleep. Lucky , sure, but I’m dirty and ‘not protected’ and can’t really take days off (this part is mental of course) alot of my week, so i think alot of defense built up ????

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, irv said:

Interesting. I have been seriously considering the shot for shingles too but I never heard the age thing before. I always thought it was once you were in your 50's?

My cod explained it to me this way when I asked " the shingles vax will bring you to a 20% chance of getting it. People over 60 have a 50 % chance of getting it. Under 60 you only have a 20% chance of getting it. So getting shot will offer no more protection then you already have.

• Thanks 1