Check your account email address ×

Barney recall

I have a friend with an older Polaris, that burned to the ground a few weeks back. Hearing about secondhand from my wife, so don't have all the particulars. She was saying the insurance company didn't want to pay the claim, telling her to take it up with the manufacturer.  WTF.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

I had a 2007 F1000 but it's long gone...the guy I sold it to 5 years ago, recently sold it to someone else...I liked that sled...had the adjustable seat...still like the ride of the F series...

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Nice to see Cat does take care of their customers, even the old ones from 2007-09.

It would have been nicer of them to admit they had a problem 8 years ago instead of waiting until most of them had been fixed already.

When the wife's F6 tank cracked, Cat agreed to send me a tank only if I paid a dealer to install it. I think the labour was $300 or so. That was 5 years ago I think and it was well known then that the tanks were cracking. There were a couple stories of sleds burning down at gas stations.

Edited by Blackstar

3 years ago my wife's jag had the tank leak around the neck. Dealer charged 500.00 plus to replace. He told me to contact Cat and they might refund you. I wrote a email explaining it was a huge safety issue and they refunded my cash. So yeah Cat takes care of their customers.

46 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It would have been nicer of them to admit they had a problem 8 years ago instead of waiting until most of them had been fixed already.

When the wife's F6 tank cracked, Cat agreed to send me a tank only if I paid a dealer to install it. I think the labour was $300 or so. That was 5 years ago I think and it was well known then that the tanks were cracking. There were a couple stories of sleds burning down at gas stations.

I had 2 Firecats with cranked filler necks and Cat replaced both at no cost.

my old F8 is in on recall . guy I sold it to still has it and not only the neck but the plastic on the tank is deformed like it is starting to collapse or something . he was glad about the recall . that this has over 10k mi on it now still never been apart.

IMHO still most comfortable sled I have ridden and still in the running for ugliest ever built