Check your account email address ×

Shipping container costs.

They say a lot of the issues are in China shipping yards . There running them like US mafia use to . You want your shit shipped you pay. 

I have a bud who litteray has been to China multiple times to get his containers on the ships.  Started looking in to privet air cargo . And this is for fucking pet toys 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I was talking to a logistics manager at a local mfg plant. He told me that shipping containers coming in from Asia that were $4000 last year are now $30,000. Incredible. Between covid shut downs and labor shortages the boats are piling up. Crazing times 

you are correct, its just a bidding war, costco and walmart have bought their own ships and sea containers to not have the issues anymore..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

None, I have buildings. Only people I know that use shipping containers for storage are weirdo, horders.

ATF required storage , I’m not storing old 4 wheelers and garage sale rejects.

image.thumb.jpeg.0dd9e2baa47ac4fb7413be9c667eab33.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d1a74b4dde0ff72f5d52e16f2aa2c6b2.jpeg

Edited by Sleepr2
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, 500blue said:

you are correct, its just a bidding war, costco and walmart have bought their own ships and sea containers to not have the issues anymore..

Those two companies are large enough and have the working capital to pull it off. The small or moderate size companies will continue to get squeezed. There's still going to be a bottle neck at the ports until both covid and the labor shortage resolves. Expect big price increases regardless. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I was talking to a logistics manager at a local mfg plant. He told me that shipping containers coming in from Asia that were $4000 last year are now $30,000. Incredible. Between covid shut downs and labor shortages the boats are piling up. Crazing times 

Can you elaborate a bit more on what this logistics mgr told ya? Your post is kinda vague and I'm curious on where you're going..Thanks

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

None, I have buildings. Only people I know that use shipping containers for storage are weirdo, horders.

I know a guy who got 2 -1 trip extra tall containers and did the roof over them for center parking.sprayed them to match house color .   Pretty sweet really and rodent proof . I was doing the math in my head when he was showing me his set up and it was pretty close to a equal size post frame with class 5 floor . That said he is a welder and has tools and ability to put the doors and windows and such in to a container 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Can you elaborate a bit more on what this logistics mgr told ya? Your post is kinda vague and I'm curious on where you're going..Thanks

Plan is to stay home this weekend. I've got 3 yards of top soil to spread and a few bushes to plant. Prolly take a hike on Sunday if the weather cooperates. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Plan is to stay home this weekend. I've got 3 yards of top soil to spread and a few bushes to plant. Prolly take a hike on Sunday if the weather cooperates. 

Nice nice!! Well we will miss you this weekend!! Enjoy!

:bc:

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Rain fucked everything. 

:cry:

Pussy. God forbid you get wet on your hike. 

Take a hike down to the Hood and start helping those poor black kids getting shot by the Cops you keep talking about ya old fruitcake. 

19 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I know a guy who got 2 -1 trip extra tall containers and did the roof over them for center parking.sprayed them to match house color .   Pretty sweet really and rodent proof . I was doing the math in my head when he was showing me his set up and it was pretty close to a equal size post frame with class 5 floor . That said he is a welder and has tools and ability to put the doors and windows and such in to a container 

coworker has 2,  her father has his tools and wheelers in one,  they have their wheelers and kayaks and stuff in the other.  Keeps i from taking up the garage or having to get a big enclosed.