Check your account email address ×

US says drone kills IS bombers targeting Kabul airport

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

I’m looking at it from the perspective of lives lost after the US exited from an area of conflict. The Taliban pushed us out and the Khmer Rouge forced us out of Cambodia. My except reports millions of Cambodians killed after our exit. Time will tell the number of those exterminated after Augment 31st in Afghanistan. Also, is the taliban keeps to their word and lets Forign passport holders leave via commercial flight after they take control and manage flights. The world will be watching. 

I get that but, “lives lost” it’s what I’m referring to here.  Rather the overall incompetent decisions being made without much foresight or descression.

BTW, Cambodia was never our problem, either was Vietnam….or Afghanistan for that matter.  Bingo Laden could have been taken out with his leadership twenty years ago.

There are those that judge based on a decision, and that is just fine. And then there are those that judge on the after effects of decisions. I am the latter. My opinion is still in the wind waiting to see how this played out over the next few weeks, months, and years. My personal priorities are US soldier deaths, and American civilian deaths on American soil. 

19 minutes ago, Phenom said:

There are those that judge based on a decision, and that is just fine. And then there are those that judge on the after effects of decisions. I am the latter. My opinion is still in the wind waiting to see how this played out over the next few weeks, months, and years. My personal priorities are US soldier deaths, and American civilian deaths on American soil. 

I’m totally with the decision to withdraw but, this should have been handled much better with discretion.  This is an abortion that will lead to more American deaths because Biden and his handlers are inept.  It’s my firm and educated guess that one of these retards let the cat out of the bag and screwed the whole “discretion” part of the witlthdrawel up.  It’s easy for these twats to slip up because they don’t think their words carry and consequences.  I can’t think of any military leader that would say, “Oh yeah, this is how we wanted to do it.”

Unreal ineptness on display right here.

• Like 2

Well, so far we removed over 100,000 people from Afghanistan,  how in the world do you do that discreetly?  If done discreetly, Once one or two plane loads leave the country  the word would get out creating a mad rush to the airport(s). Instead of taliban beating them back to maintain order, it would be US troops. All the while isis and al quida taking pick shots hoping to kill as many as possible. Some things are never pretty no matter what.