Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

41 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Why

With his money, I'd find something else to do.  World travel would be #1 on my list.  

Plus, how many quality rides do you think he could land for next year? 

21 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Im still not sure if I like it....it sure as hell hasnt made much difference imo

https://racingnews.co/2017/06/27/nascar-says-stage-racing-is-definitely-here-to-stay/

I don't think it has either.  

I'm still on the NASCAR needs to get back to short track style races bandwagon.  Not they need to run more short tracks, but run 4 qualifying races and at this rate, don't send anyone home.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

With his money, I'd find something else to do.  World travel would be #1 on my list.  

Plus, how many quality rides do you think he could land for next year? 

I don't think it has either.  

I'm still on the NASCAR needs to get back to short track style races bandwagon.  Not they need to run more short tracks, but run 4 qualifying races and at this rate, don't send anyone home.  

Yeah there are enough good young drivers to fill seats....no need for Cousin Carl to return. I also like your idea about qualifying races not to mention Iowa needs a cup date....7/8 mile designed by Rusty Wallace and the trucks and Busch cars put on a good race there. 

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah there are enough good young drivers to fill seats....no need for Cousin Carl to return. I also like your idea about qualifying races not to mention Iowa needs a cup date....7/8 mile designed by Rusty Wallace and the trucks and Busch cars put on a good race there. 

There are enough good tracks in the US and Canada, I feel as though very few tracks should have 2 Cup dates.  More road courses and short tracks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Putting windshield wipers on the cars would make nascar more interesting......  It might help combat the boring weekly event it has become.

They had wipers on them last weekend.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

year round.....

Oval racing would be pretty boring in the rain imo....they would just tear shit up putzing along.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Not many cars ran in the final practice for Saturday nights Coke Zero 400 at Daytona.

1.jpg

Jr will win....the fix is in.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I haven't even had you pay up for our last wager yet :lol2:

Well the season isn't over yet you know hes gone from saying hes done...to saying hes going to race a bit next yr...sooooo.....:3gears:

7 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Well the season isn't over yet you know hes gone from saying hes done...to saying hes going to race a bit next yr...sooooo.....:3gears:

He has said that he is retiring from full time driving. He said all along that he was going to race a few races in the Xfinity series next year.

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

He has said that he is retiring from full time driving. He said all along that he was going to race a few races in the Xfinity series next year.

:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, ckf said:

The Mark Martin approach to retirement.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 6:41 PM, FAT DAVE said:

Im still not sure if I like it....it sure as hell hasnt made much difference imo

https://racingnews.co/2017/06/27/nascar-says-stage-racing-is-definitely-here-to-stay/

All it has done is 'legitimize' debris cautions. 

The whole thing is contrived. I read a column earlier this season where the writer said, no other professional sport leagues gives points for leading @ the end of a quarter or period. Especially annoying when the race restarts after a caution & in less than 10 laps the stage is over. Stage racing hasn't made me anymore excited about the racing.

I haven't heard/read anyone in the major media that covering NASCAR say they didn't like stage racing

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, revrnd said:

All it has done is 'legitimize' debris cautions. 

The whole thing is contrived. I read a column earlier this season where the writer said, no other professional sport leagues gives points for leading @ the end of a quarter or period. Especially annoying when the race restarts after a caution & in less than 10 laps the stage is over. Stage racing hasn't made me anymore excited about the racing.

I haven't heard/read anyone in the major media that covering NASCAR say they didn't like stage racing

NASCAR is so far away from any other form of racing, even their stepping stone series, that no one "recognizes" it anymore.  The closest thing I can think of is rally racing with their stages.  Might as well make it really interesting and make it one giant oval rally-cross with stages built it.  

Bring on the mud and gravel!