Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yep . I almost posted that one last night actually .  I watched the Sweede Savage crash live also .   :bc: 

Worst I've ever heard of was the Tony Renna crash.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Dave said:

Regan Smiths driving the 43 this week...in the open.

Good choice....he will drive the wheels off that fucker.:wind:

• Like 1

It should be an interesting race. Today on Nascar Radio they mentioned each team will have three sets of hard compound tires and one set of soft compound tires. There will be several different tire strategies during the race. I hope they do more of that in the future :good:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

It should be an interesting race. Today on Nascar Radio they mentioned each team will have three sets of hard compound tires and one set of soft compound tires. There will be several different tire strategies during the race. I hope they do more of that in the future :good:

I like it....similar to F1.:ylsuper:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

I hope JJ totals his car on the 1st lap.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I like it....similar to F1.:ylsuper:

That was my first thought :bc:

23 minutes ago, Dave said:

I hope JJ totals his car on the 1st lap.

He will probably end up winning it after that comment:lol:

Just now, ckf said:

Maybe if you root for JJ he will wreck on the 1st lap :dunno:

I did...you missed it last week...he was all 3 of my picks. :lol:

• Like 1

On 2017-5-13 at 5:12 PM, Dave said:

Jimmie johnson, jimmie johnson,jimmie johnson

On 2017-5-13 at 7:08 PM, Dave said:

Its working!!! :lol:

:lol:

Edited by Dave
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

i haven't looked at but had read that they were moving the 2nd Richmond race to  one of the ten chase races.

Yes

• Like 1

Almirola to miss 8-12 weeks

Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM) driver Aric Almirola, who suffered an acute compression fracture to his T5 Vertebra after a multi-car accident at Kansas Speedway last Saturday night, will be forced to miss races in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series during his recovery. The standard healing time for the injury is eight to 12 weeks. Regan Smith will drive the #43 Ford this weekend in the Monster Energy Open.

Almirola was on a streak of Top-10 finishes and an XFINITY win before competing Saturday night. Unfortunately, he was involved in a multi-car accident on Lap 199. Returning home, Almirola met with top doctors in the Charlotte area to determine a recovery plan.

"First off, I want to thank the track safety and medical team, all of the doctors and nurses at The University of Kansas Hospital for taking good care of me," said Almirola. "My family, friends and people in the NASCAR community who reached out to me, I truly appreciate your support, and, to all the fans for their prayers and support. I want to thank my race team, everyone at RPM, and our great partners who have been supportive of me over the last five years and have continued to show support during this difficult time. I want to thank our doctors in Charlotte, Dr. Petty, Dr. Coric and Bill Heisel. They will be the team that leads my roadmap to my recovery. I will be meeting with them throughout the healing process, and it will be up to them to give me clearance to get back in the racecar."

"From the time I was eight years old, all I ever wanted to do was race," continued Almirola. "Now that I've made it to the highest level, that's all I ever do. It has become the norm to go on an airplane every Thursday, race and then do it all over again the next week. It's going to be challenging these next several weeks knowing that my team is preparing to go to the track, the industry is preparing to go race, and I'm not. In the meantime, I'm going to focus on getting my body back to 100 percent. I'm going to take some time to relax and recover and do everything necessary to get back in the racecar as soon as possible."

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Nascar schedule for 2018....lots of changes...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129602

ridiculous IMO they keep talking about running a chase race at Charlotte on the road course,  while it may be better to watch than sonoma or the glen being less spread NASCAR is not about road racing. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ridiculous IMO they keep talking about running a chase race at Charlotte on the road course,  while it may be better to watch than sonoma or the glen being less spread NASCAR is not about road racing. 

The road racing races are the most entertaining imo.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

IMO they should have moved either Sonoma or Watkins Glen in to one of the chase spots, not the Charlotte race. Charlotte should be on the oval.

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

The road racing races are the most entertaining imo.

They are fun but the two they have now is enough in my opinion. I'd rather see them ditch a few of the cookie cutter mile and a halfs and replace them with short track racing :bc:

• Like 1

CONCORD, N.C. — Dale Earnhardt Jr. is among the many who continue to have American MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden in their thoughts.

Hayden remains hospitalized in serious condition after being hit by a car while on his bicycle May 17 while training on the Rimini coast in Italy.

The 35-year-old Kentucky native was treated at the scene for life-threatening injuries from the crash. He was then taken to a local hospital in serious condition with head and chest trauma.

In an interview with FOXSports.com, Earnhardt opened up about his interaction with Hayden and why he’s such a respected figure in motorsports.

“I met Nicky at Indy a couple years ago,” Earnhardt said. “He’s a huge fan of motorsports – two wheels and four wheels. He’s made a lot of friends in this garage and other forms of motorsports, as well. Everybody knows who he is. He leaves an impression on you because he’s an incredible person. He’s really, really nice and really humble. Always has a smile on his face.”

Although Earnhardt and Hayden have had many face-to-face interactions, social media has allowed them to support each other as motorsports competitors.

All four Hendrick Motorsports cars have Hayden’s signature No. 69 for the All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. (Chase Wilhelm/FOX Sports)

“We’ve kind of supported each other a little bit through social media, just kind of tit-for-tat on pushing each other and saying ‘Hey, how you doing?’,” said Earnhardt. “Ever since we’ve met, I was always just really surprised he was a fan or was a supporter of our team. I’ve just always watched him from afar ever since.”

The two-time Daytona 500 champion has recently developed a new passion for cycling, joining other drivers in the garage, including Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth and Jamie McMurray.

For Earnhardt, that was just another reason why Hayden is weighing heavily on his mind.

“I picked up cycling about three months ago. I really, really enjoy it a lot,” Earnhardt added. “I’ve talked to Jimmie (Johnson) a lot about safety, the dangers and how to enjoy cycling. All of this kind of intersected and all of this is weighing really heavy on our hearts. We’re certainly very worried about Nicky, wishing and praying for him to heal.”

• Like 2

Another snoozer of a truck race.....Shrub wins again. These races used to be good back in the early days of the series.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Ummm,..Nascar started on a road/beach course, back then the drivers ran moon shine on roads, and road course racing has always been part of Nascar and the Glen is usually voted the favorite race track to drive on by all the drivers and is one of the best tracks to watch a race at. Watkins Glen is one incredible facility 

Here’s the full top 10:

1. Watkins Glen International - Watkins Glen, N.Y.

2. Martinsville Speedway - Ridgeway, Va.

3. Michigan International Speedway - Brooklyn, Mich.

4. Bristol Motor Speedway - Bristol, Tenn.

5. Darlington Raceway - Darlington, S.C.

6. Kansas Speedway - Kansas C

Edited by Rigid1