Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

As CKF knows I don't really have anything against Junior but think in order to be "worshiped" people should have to accomplish something. Juniors been great for the sport as he's the link for many old time fans as NASCAR left them behind.  As I posted i think on the other site this is one more step in NASCARs growing irrelevance. NASCAR forgot about the working man in a chase for the more urban white collar "educated" population and it's destroyed the sport 

Most types of racing have forgot about the working man....JR is the farthest thing from being a link to the old days....hes just a guy fans like....nothing more.

22 minutes ago, Dave said:

Most types of racing have forgot about the working man....JR is the farthest thing from being a link to the old days....hes just a guy fans like....nothing more.

I have to disagree with you on that one Dave. Jr is in fact a link to the past for many fans, especially Sr fans. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dave said:

ChumpCar and LeMons FTW!

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have to disagree with you on that one Dave. Jr is in fact a link to the past for many fans, especially Sr fans. 

I knew you would..was not a huge fan of sr. Really till later on....was a fan of jrs rite from his busch days.

Penalties have been issued following the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Bristol Motor Speedway:

4/24/2017 (post-race inspection)

#78 team has been found in violation of Sections 10.9.10.4: Tires and Wheels. Note: Lug nut(s) not properly installed:

Crew chief (Cole Pearn) has been fined $10,000.

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

Penalties have been issued following the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Bristol Motor Speedway:

4/24/2017 (post-race inspection)

#78 team has been found in violation of Sections 10.9.10.4: Tires and Wheels. Note: Lug nut(s) not properly installed:

Crew chief (Cole Pearn) has been fined $10,000.

So just a fine and no loss of points.

Vermont governor is going to strap in to a car this weekend to do some racing at Thunder Road. This is the track owned by the famous former Nascar announcer Ken Squire.

Governor Phil Scott To Drive at Thunder Road

MONTPELIER, Vt. - Vermont Governor Phil Scott will drive at Thunder Road International SpeedBowl in Barre this weekend.

In a press briefing Wednesday, Scott says his new role at the State House hasn't stifled his passion for racing.

Saturday, the Republican plans to take a few runs during open practice.

He adds if that goes well, he will drive in the ACT Tour's Merchant's Bank 150 if he feels ready.

"If I race, I want to be competitive, and if I'm not competitive, then I will probably sit Sunday out. It's early in the year. There's a lot of of attraction from other New England states. It's highly competitive," said Scott.

Sunday's race is one of the biggest events at Thunder Road this season.

Scott adds regardless of what happens this weekend, he wants to compete multiple times this season.

While serving as Lieutenant Governor last year, Scott finished fourth in the ACT event.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Vermont governor is going to strap in to a car this weekend to do some racing at Thunder Road. This is the track owned by the famous former Nascar announcer Ken Squire.

I wish my governor was that cool.  

• Like 1

Phil Scott used to race snowmobiles also.

His introduction to motorized competition came instead aboard a snowmobile.

"My first snowmobile race was in 1977 at Devil's Bowl Speedway," Phil says. "I think I wrecked. The wrecks became part of the game and you protected yourself the best you could, but they were inevitable. I remember racing at the fairgrounds in Skowhegan, Maine and we had a huge wreck. I almost went right over the Funhouse. They carted me off to the local hospital and gave me an x-ray and determined that nothing was broken, so me and one of my crewmembers decided we could get back to the track to see if we could get into another race (the wreck happened in an early qualifier). The problem was we rode in the ambulance and we had to hitchhike back. There we were, with me with helmet in hand and my leathers on. A guy picked us up in a pickup and proceeded to tell us that he had been at the track earlier and there was a big wreck. He thought the guy might have been killed. Of course he was talking about me! We got back in time to qualify the second sled in a last chance race."

There was success but also more injuries and the eventual realization that speedsters with
    four wheels were a lot safer than those without. "I learned a lot from snowmobile racing, and did my share of wrecking in that regard as well." Scott comments, "but towards the end, I was racing in the Formula-One division against racers like Jacques Villeneuve. "There are many car racers that raced snowmobiles during the off-season. I think Ted Christopher did, Tim Bender, The Abolds from New York; there were a lot of good competitors, but I found myself traveling from Manitoba to Minnesota to Illinois to Ontario to Quebec, and I got cold. I decided I wanted to return to stock car racing, which was really my first love, but I couldn't afford it in '77. I did miss some parts of snowmobile racing like the speed of racing on half-mile ice tracks, going over 100 miles per hour, on a sled that weighed four or five hundred pounds, but I didn't miss getting hurt and the cold.” 

• Platinum Contributing Member
    1 hour ago, Dave said:

Entertaining Busch race on right now.

Too bad sliced bread is s commentator.

MW is annoying enough. :lol:

By sliced bread I assume you mean JJ....glad I missed that snoozer! :lol:

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

By sliced bread I assume you mean JJ....glad I missed that snoozer! :lol:

No...lagano....mark martin gave him that name when he was 15. :)

1 hour ago, ckf said:

The Russian Grand Prix is on NBCSN tomorrow morning at 8am ET if anyone is interested. Both Ferrari's are starting on the front row.

And Indycar from Phoenix tonight at 9:30 on NBCSN. Prerace at 9:00.

:bc:

Edited by Biggie Smails
    • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

And Indycar from Phoenix tonight at 9:30 on NBCSN. Prerace at 9:00.

:bc:

I think I'm going with Johnson, Stenhouse  and Harvick for tomorrow :bc:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think I'm going with Johnson, Stenhouse  and Harvick for tomorrow :bc:

No fucking way....lol.

Edited by Dave

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

My first time picking Johnson this season. Hopefully I have better luck than you do, LOL.

I've picked him twice and pffttt.....not picking him tomorrow so you should be fine. :lol: