Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

21 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Moon made a good point over on TBP....Jr hit the wall fairly hard yesterday so maybe he decided possible permanent brain damage just isn't worth it anymore. Sounds like his recovery from his last concussion was pretty brutal plus he has a career in broadcasting if he wants and his successful Xfinity Team. :bc:

I dont agree with that analogy....if this is true he should retire immediately imo....why risk it...there is still alot of races to go...unless hes just gonna be a moving chicane like Derrick Cope for the remaining races....which is not good for anyone imo.

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Moon made a good point over on TBP....Jr hit the wall fairly hard yesterday so maybe he decided possible permanent brain damage just isn't worth it anymore. Sounds like his recovery from his last concussion was pretty brutal plus he has a career in broadcasting if he wants and his successful Xfinity Team. :bc:

The article mentioned that Hendrick and Jr first met about Jr's decision back in March :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

The article mentioned that Hendrick and Jr first met about Jr's decision back in March :dunno:

OK....wonder why he waited until now to announce it?

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

OK....wonder why he waited until now to announce it?

Probably had to let all of the sponsors know what is going on first. 

I like the way cousin carl retired....no hooplah...just goodbye....jr will be making a shit ton off people even more with all the farewell shit.

17 minutes ago, Dave said:

I like the way cousin carl retired....no hooplah...just goodbye....jr will be making a shit ton off people even more with all the farewell shit.

I still think Edwards makes a comeback next season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I still think Edwards makes a comeback next season.

Edwards is getting a large check to sit out this season. He an A. Bowman will have rides in 2018.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Edwards is getting a large check to sit out this season. He an A. Bowman will have rides in 2018.

Where do you think Edwards will drive?

29 minutes ago, Dave said:

Where do you think Edwards will drive?

My first thoughts were Penske , but with the 88 seat open in 18  :dunno:  Edwards has been at the races working for Gibbs.  I think  Khane will be out , plus Patrick at S-H .  Rick H . will have a deep trough of drivers to choose from , but will need full high dollar sponsorship to go with the deal. Edwards fits in well as a pitch man / wheel man. Furniture Row has a unused team charter that they have to fill or lose in 2018, funding has been the issue as francecar has been trending down with eye balls + asses in the stands. Your guess is as good as mine .

Edited by hwytohell
  • Like 2

I was listening to Nascar radio in the car a little while ago, they mentioned 25% of all Nascar  souvenirs sold last year were Jr's. That's one hell of a big piece of the pie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I was listening to Nascar radio in the car a little while ago, they mentioned 25% of all Nascar  souvenirs sold last year were Jr's. That's one hell of a big piece of the pie. 

He will continue to sell after this season....just like Sr. did....except he wont be dead. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

And it drives the Angry Ginger nuts! :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

And it drives the Angry Ginger nuts! :lol:

nuts no it's just ridiculous that a never was gets held up close to where his daddy was whose arguably the 3rd best driver in NASCAR history behind 1- Johnson and 2- Petty.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

nuts no it's just ridiculous that a never was gets held up close to where his daddy was whose arguably the 3rd best driver in NASCAR history behind 1- Johnson and 2- Petty.  

:baby:

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

A never was....whatever.

7 hours ago, hwytohell said:

My first thoughts were Penske , but with the 88 seat open in 18  :dunno:  Edwards has been at the races working for Gibbs.  I think  Khane will be out , plus Patrick at S-H .  Rick H . will have a deep trough of drivers to choose from , but will need full high dollar sponsorship to go with the deal. Edwards fits in well as a pitch man / wheel man. Furniture Row has a unused team charter that they have to fill or lose in 2018, funding has been the issue as francecar has been trending down with eye balls + asses in the stands. Your guess is as good as mine .

At the NASCAR level, there are two basic fan bases.  

The ones in the stands basically don't matter much, but the ones on the television are the ones that matter a lot.  

The television audience is the one that powers the sponsorship money, and all major forms of racing are about money.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

nuts no it's just ridicuus that a never was gets held up close to where his daddy was whose arguably the 3rd best driver in NASCAR history behind 1- Johnson and 2- Petty.  

Never was is a bit harsh, Jeff. Any driver that wins more than 20 races in his career is a little better than that, don't ya think?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Once a driver gets over 15 wins in francecar he is in a elite crowd. Is E.jr one of the fifty best  drivers in francecar ?  imo No.  E. jr had a whole lot of extra weight to carry around, with his last name , his late father's shadow , his bat shit crazy rich step mother , fans wanting so bad to have him perform like his daddy in the # 3 car. I do think he has made the correct choice for his  health + family future. Getting out of a race car  if you have passion , at any level because of injury is tough , getting back into racing an winning after injury is even tougher. The graveyards of racing  have lots of markers for proof.

58 minutes ago, ckf said:

Never was is a bit harsh, Jeff. Any driver that wins more than 20 races in his career is a little better than that, don't ya think?  

he never was enough to be held up as a poster child for NASCAR.  He was a good driver,  not a great. in his era JOhnson, Gordon,  Kenseth, both Buschs, Hamlin, Stewart, Edwards, Keseloski all better with none of the fake hype of Jr.  

Don't get me wrong i kinda feel bad for him as he didn't ask for it and maybe without it he'd have been hungrier and performed better

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

he never was enough to be held up as a poster child for NASCAR.  He was a good driver,  not a great. in his era JOhnson, Gordon,  Kenseth, both Buschs, Hamlin, Stewart, Edwards, Keseloski all better with none of the fake hype of Jr.  

Don't get me wrong i kinda feel bad for him as he didn't ask for it and maybe without it he'd have been hungrier and performed better

Where does it say you need to have special qualifications to be the nascar poster child?

People like him...you dont...get over it.

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I was listening to an interesting observation about Jr yesterday. They were basically saying the name is what put him on top at the beginning, but his interactions with the fans are what kept him there.  Jr stayed true to his roots even after making it to the big stage.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dave said:

Where does it say you need to have special qualifications to be the nascar poster child?

People like him...you dont...get over it.

No shit....his obsession is weird.

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

I was listening to an interesting observation about Jr yesterday. They were basically saying the name is what put him on top at the beginning, but his interactions with the fans are what kept him there.  Jr stayed true to his roots even after making it to the big stage.

Yep and he is respectful and very well versed in the history of the sport and involved via his Xfinity Team.

As CKF knows I don't really have anything against Junior but think in order to be "worshiped" people should have to accomplish something. Juniors been great for the sport as he's the link for many old time fans as NASCAR left them behind.  As I posted i think on the other site this is one more step in NASCARs growing irrelevance. NASCAR forgot about the working man in a chase for the more urban white collar "educated" population and it's destroyed the sport 

• Like 1