Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Most likely switch , Truex  to SHR , Kurt Busch to Furniture Row.  Busch would be a fool to wheel for RCR dillion bros. wrecking crew , unless no other rides were open. Forget Gibbs , they have upcoming talent to burn in the lower series. The deal for Truex to go to Hendrick , hinges on Ejr  dipping his toes into the big show.

That makes a lot of sense and yeah Gibbs does have talented drivers coming out of his ears. Also could not agree more about RCR...not sure how Newman tolerates it.

12 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Most likely switch , Truex  to SHR , Kurt Busch to Furniture Row.  Busch would be a fool to wheel for RCR dillion bros. wrecking crew , unless no other rides were open. Forget Gibbs , they have upcoming talent to burn in the lower series. The deal for Truex to go to Hendrick , hinges on Ejr  dipping his toes into the big show.

Never thought of that. Jr and Truex have been great friends for years. HMS car owned by Jr on paper.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That makes a lot of sense and yeah Gibbs does have talented drivers coming out of his ears. Also could not agree more about RCR...not sure how Newman tolerates it.

He probably doesn't have a better option.

Newman wants to go back to Penske or SHR , doubt it will happen . There was a deal on the table for him to wheel a second car for Furniture Row, with him bringing all of his exclusive signed sponsors with him , Cat refused the deal as they switched to Toyota. Sad that RCR supplies Newman with second tier equipment, he can wheel a car , but tends to way overdrive what he has under his ass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Never thought of that. Jr and Truex have been great friends for years. HMS car owned by Jr on paper.

Just like Gordon and the # 48 team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

1 minute ago, hwytohell said:

Newman wants to go back to Penske or SHR , doubt it will happen . There was a deal on the table for him to wheel a second car for Furniture Row, with him bringing all of his exclusive signed sponsors with him , Cat refused the deal as they switched to Toyota. Sad that RCR supplies Newman with second tier equipment, he can wheel a car , but tends to way overdrive what he has under his ass.

That sucks as I have always liked him...hard charging bulldog.

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE: Kurt Busch has talked to several teams about driving for them next season, but the 2004 NASCAR Cup Series champion said Friday night he has not signed any deal for 2019.

Stewart-Haas Racing co-owner Gene Haas wouldn't rule out Busch returning to the team, but he indicated Friday it is up in the air whether Busch and sponsor Monster Energy return to the organization.

Motorsport.com reported, citing sources, that Busch would leave SHR with Monster Energy next year and he is expected to replace Jamie McMurray at Chip Ganassi Racing.

"I'm talking to a bunch of teams out there," Busch said after qualifying Friday at Michigan International Speedway. "There's nothing that's been signed and whatever has been reported is all hearsay."

Mitch Covington, a Monster Energy vice president who oversees the brand's sports marketing efforts including the partial-season primary sponsorship of Busch at SHR, declined to comment on its 2019 plans or confirm that the company would switch teams.

"There's a possibility of that [Busch will stay]," Haas said Friday night. "I don't really have any comment because I haven't seen anything one way or the other."

A Chip Ganassi Racing spokesman had no comment.

"I don't talk about contracts," McMurray said Friday when asked about the report. "I just don't discuss any of that kind of stuff."

• Thanks 2

I went to the Vermont Antique Automobile show in Waterbury Yesterday. One of the features this year is antique racecars. These flathead and I6's were there and brought back memories of watching these same cars run at Ken Squires' Thunder Road in the 60's. These restorations had some updated safety equipment and no dents but were otherwise the same. They also had a current Late Model car there that was outfitted for handicapped drivers and had dual controls so a co-driver could ride along while handicapped veterans drove at the track, something they never dreamed they would ever do. Great idea but I never got a picture of the car.  great new venue this year if anyone is in the area today.

IMG_2421.JPG

IMG_2422.JPG

IMG_2423.JPG

• Like 5

Just now, Sael said:

I went to the Vermont Antique Automobile show in Waterbury Yesterday. One of the features this year is antique racecars. These flathead and I6's were there and brought back memories of watching these same cars run at Ken Squires' Thunder Road in the 60's. These restorations had some updated safety equipment and no dents but were otherwise the same. They also had a current Late Model car there that was outfitted for handicapped drivers and had dual controls so a co-driver could ride along while handicapped veterans drove at the track, something they never dreamed they would ever do. Great idea but I never got a picture of the car.  great new venue this year if anyone is in the area today.

IMG_2421.JPG

IMG_2422.JPG

IMG_2423.JPG

Wow...those are very cool. :thumbsup:

I didn't realize Ken Squier owned a track. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wow...those are very cool. :thumbsup:

I didn't realize Ken Squier owned a track. 

He was one of the founders and co-owner of Barre VT's Thunder Road. Ken lives in Stowe VT.  He sold his interest in the track last year. Because of Ken's involvement such drivers as Richard Petty, Kyle Bush and Ken Schrader were there for a race evening. Thunder Road traditionally races Thursday nights through the summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sael said:

My father in law has an old flathead Ford race car that he's slowly been working on. It's still in rough shape, but he does have the motor rebuilt. I can't remember where the car used to run, bur it was somewhere in the NEK. Was there a track around Concord?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

My father in law has an old flathead Ford race car that he's slowly been working on. It's still in rough shape, but he does have the motor rebuilt. I can't remember where the car used to run, bur it was somewhere in the NEK. Was there a track around Concord?

There was a 1/5 miles track in Waterford, east of St J. People have been bringing that track back to life and the vintage racers association had a gathering there a month or so ago. I missed it. There were a lot of small tracks back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Sael said:

There was a 1/5 miles track in Waterford, east of St J. People have been bringing that track back to life and the vintage racers association had a gathering there a month or so ago. I missed it. There were a lot of small tracks back in the day.

That's it, Waterford. The car he has used to race there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sael said:

IMO, out East, if you are trying to bring a small track like that back to life, having a regular easy to own and drive class(es) like INEX Legends and Bandelaros is a wise move.  You can have great equipment for $15,000 and only have to put a hour or two into the car between race weekends.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Your Father in Law might be interested in this:

IMG_2424.JPG

The #30 in my pictures was driven by Hardluck Hannaford.

http://northeasternspeedway.com/index.html

Edited by Sael
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ha, ha, I just noticed the date on the press release. Well I know the tracks still there because we drove by it on rt108 a couple of weeks ago on our way home from Littleton NH.

• Haha 1