*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Today's on track action from Dover.

Friday, May 3:
11:05-11:55am - Cup practice, NASCAR.com streaming
12:05-12:55pm - XFINITY practice, NASCAR.com streaming
1:10pm - GOTS qualifying, NASCAR.com streaming
2:30-3:20pm - XFINITY practice, NASCAR.com streaming
3:40pm - Cup qualifying, FS1
5:00pm - GOTS race, FS1/MRN/SiriusXM (green flag 5:10pm/et)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, s pump said:

That was a bad one.

Ended his wheeling days.    Bobby should have been at the political table when anyone talks about heath care reform. Bankrupted + a divorce from the woman that stood by his side , good or bad.  There will never be a " Alabama gang " in francecar again.  Edit , Stumpy is correct , Bobby Allison's driving carrier ended with his Pocono PA, crash.

Edited by hwytohell
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, hwytohell said:

Ended his wheeling days.   Bobby should have been at the political table when anyone talks about heath care reform. Bankrupted + a divorce from the woman that stood by his side , good or bad.  There will never be a " Alabama gang " in francecar again.

Not to mention losing Davey in a helicopter crash and Clifford in a racing accident.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Ended his wheeling days.   Bobby should have been at the political table when anyone talks about heath care reform. Bankrupted + a divorce from the woman that stood by his side , good or bad.  There will never be a " Alabama gang " in francecar again.

It was the pocono crash that ended his career. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are speeds too fast at Dover? Kyle Busch kicked off the discussion about speed during his media availability in which he said drivers are going “really fast” and probably “too fast” around the one-mile concrete oval. His comments came after Cup Series teams had 50 minutes of practice and the two fastest drivers, Kurt Busch and Kyle Larson ran 168 mph laps which were four miles an hour faster than what the current track qualifying record of 164 mph. “Yeah, there’s no question you feel like you’re going really fast,” Kyle Busch said. “The faster we tend to go in the middle of the corners doesn’t always produce the best racing … it’s going to be big numbers for qualifying, obviously, but we’ll see how that translates to the race. I’m not overly excited about it. We’ll just have to fight through it and see what happens."
“You get paid to go fast, so let’s go fast I guess,” said Chase Elliott. “It’s not fun hitting something real hard anytime you do, and certainly isn’t going to feel good when you do at these speeds. Definitely it’s physical for sure and I think this is going to be a very, very physical race on Sunday, especially if the sun comes out and it’s hot. It’s fast. Is it too fast? This is our job. We sign up for it, and I think it is what it is

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Good to see the Chevy teams qualifying better.

The Chev camp has definitely found some speed the last couple weeks.

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

Force is a riot on the Dale Jr Podcast.

I heard some clips of this and holy crap Force is nutty! :lol:

Going to listen later when I'm doing yard work...if you get a chance check out the Clint Bowyer episode...really good. 

• Like 1

Just caught the laps of Xfinity Race....Christopher Bell is your winner....he'll be in a Cup Car for JGR sooner rather than later IMO.

54 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just caught the laps of Xfinity Race....Christopher Bell is your winner....he'll be in a Cup Car for JGR sooner rather than later IMO.

I only caught the 1st few laps. I think Bell was one of the "Dash for Cash" guys?

Kyle Busch near top-10 finish record: [Morgan] Shepherd made his mark with .... in 1990: 11. Shepherd posted a record 11 straight top-10 finishes to open the season in the Cup series, driving for Hall of Fame car owner Bud Moore. Kyle Busch is nipping at Shepherd's milestone, going 10 for 10 headed into Sunday's race at Dover International Speedway. Busch, the 2015 NASCAR champion, already has three wins and barely extended the streak last weekend when he finished 10th at Talladega. "It is kind of on our mind right now," Busch said. "Going into every week, we want to win. That is what we strive to do every time we hit the track. We thought it would come to an end last week at Talladega and it was close. We were right on the verge, but we made it through another one."

• Like 1