Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A Nascar Race at a Canadian Track and no TV....SMH.

Tell me about it! 😡

How many of the TSN channels had the Pintys race on? I had it on the truck radio as I got shit together for my US Nationals trip.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I have no idea but Wiki says this...... Manufacturer involvement is limited largely to supply arrangements for long-developed crate motors, and branding on the largely standard bodywork.

Interesting.  Pretty much all the crate motors in dirt racing are Chevy or Chevy based.  Most of the motors period are Chevy based, with Ford following and a small handful of Mopar ones here and there.  We still have 3 Mopar motors collecting dust.  Probably should get rid of them, but those engine builders are no longer around.  

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Are they trying to burn up all the old Mopar parts from the Cup and Busch series days or they have something else going on there?

I think Dodge/FCA is the only OEM that is interested in the Pintys series. There was some advertising that went on about the Dodge Cup which was open only to Dodge racers.

From the few times I've seen racing the majority of cars were Dodges.

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A Nascar Race at a Canadian Track and no TV....SMH.

And several hours later not a lot of coverage on TSN:

https://www.tsn.ca/auto-racing

Other than the wreck and the 2 wrecked Toy' drivers:

Nothing about the Canucks

https://www.bardown.com/two-teammates-remarkably-wreck-on-the-final-turn-to-lose-the-lead-at-the-nascar-truck-series-1.1163322

20 hours ago, revrnd said:

Tell me about it! 😡

How many of the TSN channels had the Pintys race on? I had it on the truck radio as I got shit together for my US Nationals trip.

Usually show the race a couple weeks later on TSN. I saw the Trois-Riviers race a couple weeks ago.

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Another...I used to love Old Milwaukee! 😜

Was Raymond Beadle the car owner of the 27? I guess that would've been just before he went to Hendrick to drive the 25 Folgers car. I could check my old NASCAR press guides but they're out in the shop & it's pissing down rain.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Was Raymond Beadle the car owner of the 27? I guess that would've been just before he went to Hendrick to drive the 25 Folgers car. I could check my old NASCAR press guides but they're out in the shop & it's pissing down rain.

Damn you're good...Beadle was the car owner.:thumbsup:

https://www.arcaracing.com/articles/1974122

Former francecar  truck series driver Rick Crawford child enticement trial to start Tuesday  . Caution , it just might make you sick.  http://kickinthetires.net/index.php/2018/08/27/rick-crawford-child-enticement-case-set-to-begin-tuesday-morning/  :read:

Edited by hwytohell

12 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Former francecar  truck series driver Rick Crawford child enticement trial to start Tuesday  . Caution , it just might make you sick.  http://kickinthetires.net/index.php/2018/08/27/rick-crawford-child-enticement-case-set-to-begin-tuesday-morning/  :read:

Eeessshhhh...sick fuck.

Furniture Row to sell to GMS Racing? Not likely. Truex to Gibbs?

2:07 PM ET

UPDATE 8-29-2018: With the GMS talks having apparently collapsed, sources said that another possible option for Truex that has now opened up is for him to go to Joe Gibbs Racing. That possibility could see Truex move into JGR's No. 19 Toyota, while JGR could send rising Mexican star Daniel Suarez to Leavine Family Racing's No. 95 Toyota. FRR, JGR and LFR had no comment on that possibility.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

Furniture Row to sell to GMS Racing? Not likely. Truex to Gibbs?

2:07 PM ET

UPDATE 8-29-2018: With the GMS talks having apparently collapsed, sources said that another possible option for Truex that has now opened up is for him to go to Joe Gibbs Racing. That possibility could see Truex move into JGR's No. 19 Toyota, while JGR could send rising Mexican star Daniel Suarez to Leavine Family Racing's No. 95 Toyota. FRR, JGR and LFR had no comment on that possibility.

That will be the beginning of the end for saurez probably. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya, he just hasn't produced like the others there.

In other news, a good friend of mine called today say he's bought a race car. The guy he bought it off has 3-4 more for sale and he thinks I should own one.....lol

Guess we are going to have a look.

These are what the owner calls Pro4 cars. All I know is they have a cage with sheet metal skin and run 4 cylinder Ford motors.

Fun, I told this guy 5 years ago I wanted to run a race car on a track before I hit 60 and he laughed and told me I was retarded.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

a, he just hasn't produced like the others there.

I kind of like the guy. He seems to be running better lately.

My buddy bought this for $3000.

2.3 mustang motor and quick change rear end. Currently has broken ball joint which also took out the coil over, lower control arm, etc. It will be all fix for Monday and Tuesday he’s heading to the track for practice and I am to come along.

7FD01D84-2A6B-4D42-8B64-BAE49BBA91A6.thumb.jpeg.a5cc7952e033a4e5201f950404392b1b.jpeg

The car car they want me to buy currently has no motor, trans, seat or pedals along with a scattering of other small parts.

The guy says he has a low hours 2.0 Focus motor with twin cams he can put in along with a new clutch, bell housing and Mustang trans. He has another parts car he can raid a seat and pedals from. It has a Datsun rear end and he will throw in a couple spare third members with varying gear sets.  $3000 and he needs the winter to put it together.

His son has a car for sale as well. It has a newer chassis, better coil overs, and a full race prepped 2.3 motor. It’s a race winner.  $5500. Might let it go for $5000 when the season ends in another month.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2