Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Just now, hwytohell said:

Did you catch that Harvick  lays blame on the francecar decline on e. jr  not winning races .

No I didnt see that...things would be alot different if jr was winning instead of Jimmy thats for sure.

26 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Interesting article. I do agree that the costs have gotten out of hand.  Nascar is supposed to be stock car racing, not F1. However, correct me if I'm wrong, back in the day some drivers would lap the entire field on the way to victory lane every once in a while. You don't see that happening in today's Nascar :dunno:

23 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Its all Jimmie Johnsons fault....plain and simple. :news:

This emoticon sure comes in handy :dave:

:lol:

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

Interesting article. I do agree that the costs have gotten out of hand.  Nascar is supposed to be stock car racing, not F1. However, correct me if I'm wrong, back in the day some drivers would lap the entire field on the way to victory lane every once in a while. You don't see that happening in today's Nascar :dunno:

Very good point...Its way more competitive now then back in the day....its just the wrong guy keeps winning the cup.

This emoticon sure comes in handy :dave:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Some say three of the field filler  trucks were  $ 8500.00   :dunno:

I wouldn't doubt it.  They were probably $8500 + damages or + running expenses & damages.  

9 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Its all Jimmie Johnsons fault....plain and simple. :news:

Definitely doesn't help.  I'd place more blame squarely on the feet of NASCAR and their boring tracks and constantly changing rules, format, and mystery cautions.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Harvick is an idiot....wins or not Junior has been responsible for a huge number of fans sticking with the sport and saying he stunted the growth of NASCAR is assinine...Delana must have written those comments for him.

• Like 1

I have never been a huge e.jr fan , he had very tough shoes to fill on  / off track.  I agree francecar would be even deeper in the outhouse without him.    "Rumors" on the net forums, he is pushing a book deal about his time behind the wheel, his father growing up and the very weird strained relationship with his bat shit crazy stepmother.

2 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

I have never been a huge e.jr fan , he had very tough shoes to fill on  / off track.  I agree francecar would be even deeper in the outhouse without him.    "Rumors" on the net forums, he is pushing a book deal about his time behind the wheel, his father growing up and the very weird strained relationship with his bat shit crazy stepmother.

I realize he didn't live up to others expectations and the reality is that he never could have and that should be a good read.:thumb:

8 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Harvick is an idiot....wins or not Junior has been responsible for a huge number of fans sticking with the sport and saying he stunted the growth of NASCAR is assinine...Delana must have written those comments for him.

Maybe he was out of line for saying what he did, but I can't really disagree with what he said :dunno:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Maybe he was out of line for saying what he did, but I can't really disagree with what he said :dunno:

I don't care that he said it but he blamed Junior and his popularity for stunting the growth of NASCAR which is absolutely wrong and Harvick should probably remember what name, race and car put him on the path to stardom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I don't care that he said it but he blamed Junior and his popularity for stunting the growth of NASCAR which is absolutely wrong and Harvick should probably remember what name, race and car put him on the path to stardom.

Harsh? Yes. Don't you think the sport would be in a better position if Jr had won 30 races in his last ten years at HMS? I know my father in law, who is a Jr fan, doesn't have the same passion for the sport because Jr hasn't been setting the world on fire.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Harsh? Yes. Don't you think the sport would be in a better position if Jr had won 30 races in his last ten years at HMS? I know my father in law, who is a Jr fan, doesn't have the same passion for the sport because Jr hasn't been setting the world on fire.

Its Jimmie Johnson's fault! END OF STORY!

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

You can't blame it all on JJ. I do agree that his championship domination didn't help, but there's a lot more to it than just JJ. The economy crashing back in 2008 is what started the decline.

• Gold Member

Earnhardt jr is a class act but Harvick is right....  if junior was worth a fuck behind the wheel there would be many more sister fuckers show up to races in there chevy Silverados to cheer him on....

there are are many other things that have killed nascar....  Toyota in and dodge out is one, stock cars not being stock car...  you can't go buy a car that even remotely looks like the car that won on Sunday, the points system,  go back to the old way, and racing back to the caution flag.  All those things were what made nascar, nascar.

Now watching it reminds me of that old nascar series where they had a few races where they all raced the same cars...  can't remember what that was called but it was boring as hell.  Can't remember what it was called...  but they were like firebird cars or some shit but different color.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Earnhardt jr is a class act but Harvick is right....  if junior was worth a fuck behind the wheel there would be many more sister fuckers show up to races in there chevy Silverados to cheer him on....

there are are many other things that have killed nascar....  Toyota in and dodge out is one, stock cars not being stock car...  you can't go buy a car that even remotely looks like the car that won on Sunday, the points system,  go back to the old way, and racing back to the caution flag.  All those things were what made nascar, nascar.

Now watching it reminds me of that old nascar series where they had a few races where they all raced the same cars...  can't remember what that was called but it was boring as hell.  Can't remember what it was called...  but they were like firebird cars or some shit but different color.

The IROC series :bc:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

by being so much better than everyone else he ruined the sport.  Earnhardt had Gordon as a foil for the explosion in popularity but there was no one who truly competed at Jimmies level for 5-6 years.   Had Jr been a real good driver i think that would have really helped.   The other thing is  technology moved people towards instant gratification with quick info and a 140 character attention spans and that doesn't fit auto racing well.  Less and less people are willing to put a whole weekend aside to make it about racing which has resulted in tons of empty seats at races.  I think removing second dates from some tracks including NH makes sense.  now should they take it to Vegas,  that can be argued although it will sell better there because people can make the race part of a bigger vacation.  Continuing to put races in new spots where they can fill once a year I think will have to become the norm but that only helps the ticket sales still doesn't help the fact fewer even care to watch  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

by being so much better than everyone else he ruined the sport.  Earnhardt had Gordon as a foil for the explosion in popularity but there was no one who truly competed at Jimmies level for 5-6 years.   Had Jr been a real good driver i think that would have really helped.   The other thing is  technology moved people towards instant gratification with quick info and a 140 character attention spans and that doesn't fit auto racing well.  Less and less people are willing to put a whole weekend aside to make it about racing which has resulted in tons of empty seats at races.  I think removing second dates from some tracks including NH makes sense.  now should they take it to Vegas,  that can be argued although it will sell better there because people can make the race part of a bigger vacation.  Continuing to put races in new spots where they can fill once a year I think will have to become the norm but that only helps the ticket sales still doesn't help the fact fewer even care to watch  

:goodpost: