Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 2strokemerc said:

I didn't know this guy raced in NASCAR. I guess when your dad has lots o money anything is possible. He grew up in my hometown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Klutt

Last week at The Glen was the first time I had seen his name on the grid.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

You might be right Jim. I just found this on Jayski.

According to Adam Stern at the Sports Business Journal, William Byron is expected to replace Kasey Kahne in the Hendrick #5 next season. An announcement could come this week.

I'm guessing he will bring The Liberty University sponsorship with him which makes him a very attractive driver to fill the seat.

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I'm guessing he will bring The Liberty University sponsorship with him which makes him a very attractive driver to fill the seat.

Yes he will be bringing Liberty University with him according to this article.   https://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2017/8/8/15990972/william-byron-replace-kasey-kahne-hendrick-motorsports-2018-season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Yes he will be bringing Liberty University with him according to this article.   https://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2017/8/8/15990972/william-byron-replace-kasey-kahne-hendrick-motorsports-2018-season

Well there we go....Jerry Falwell and NASCAR.....awesome! :lol:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Last week at The Glen was the first time I had seen his name on the grid.

I PVRd the race and when it started I see his face and think, I know this guy from somewhere. The Wikipedia link said that Watkins Glen was his first start in the big series. I ran into his dad 30 years ago when he was first starting out. He was in a small shop with three old Mustangs. Doing restorations, selling them and making money doing it. He's really done well, has a large showroom, buys and sells, restores classic cars and now they're into exotics as well. Legendary Motor car.

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

fartwell  inc. in francecar ,  Larry Flynt  needs a pink scratch and sniff car in the field with Danica  in the seat.

Great idea! :lol:

byron-darlington-scheme-aug2.jpg

Hendrick names William Byron driver of team's No. 5 in 2018

article-twitter.png article-facebook.png
BY STAFF REPORT | NASCAR.COM | AUGUST 9, 2017

RELATED: All of Byron’s national series wins

Hendrick Motorsports announced today that 19-year-old NASCAR XFINITY Series standout William Byron will move to the team’s No. 5 Chevrolet to compete in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in 2018, completing the organization’s overhauled four-car lineup.

Byron, who has 10 national series wins in less than two combined full-time seasons in the XFINITY Series and Camping World Truck Series, will make his debut in the 2018 Daytona 500. Liberty University, which sponsors Byron’s XFINITY Series effort this year, and Axalta will serve as the team’s primary sponsors and will cover the majority of the 2018 season.

The team will announce additional details of the multiyear partnership at a later date.

MORE: Silly Season chatter, key players

“It hasn’t sunk in yet,” Byron said in a team release. “Mr. (Rick) Hendrick has built such a great team. The people at Hendrick Motorsports have dedicated their lives to giving their drivers the best chance to win every weekend. I have a responsibility to them to work hard and put everything I have into this opportunity. They need to know I’m always giving 100 percent because that’s what they do.

“When I told my parents that I wanted to drive race cars, they supported me and believed I could do it. Without them, there’s no way this would be possible. Axalta and Liberty University are awesome partners, and I’m so thankful for their faith in me. I’m going to do all I can to make my family, my sponsors and my teammates proud and represent them all in the right way.”

Veteran Kasey Kahne, who won the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis earlier this year, has driven the No. 5 since 2012. Hendrick Motorsports announced earlier this week that the team would not retain Kahne in 2018.

RELATED: Kahne, Hendrick to part ways | Bowman to drive No. 88 in 2018

Byron joins elder statesman Jimmie Johnson (No. 48 Chevrolet), along with fellow young stars Chase Elliott (No. 24) and Alex Bowman (No. 88) to complete Hendrick’s 2018 lineup. Bowman also is a new addition, replacing Dale Earnhardt Jr., who will retire from full-time racing after this season.

Byron is a three-time winner in the XFINITY Series this season driving for Earnhardt’s JR Motorsports team. Rick Hendrick signed the prospect in 2016.

Byron won seven times and finished fifth in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series last year as an 18-year old in his first full-time season of competition in NASCAR’s national series.

“At every step, William has proven how quickly he can adapt,” Hendrick said. “Some drivers have raw talent and some have a strong work ethic. William has both. It’s impressive to see a young guy who never gets rattled and instinctively knows how to communicate with his team. That level of commitment, poise and pure ability is rare at any age. I think he’s just scratching the surface.”

This story will be updated

48 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

perfect sponsor for the average southern redneck nascar fan-  god guns nascar and trump-  'merica

Yep and Hendrick Motorsports just got a lot younger....Bowman and Byron are both good additions.

I don't see these younger drivers bringing in more fans therefore sponsorship will be more and more an issue and as jr's popularity shows NASCAR fans live in the past not the present so it's probably another nail in the coffin as all those drivers who were there at NASCARs peak retire., 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I don't see these younger drivers bringing in more fans therefore sponsorship will be more and more an issue and as jr's popularity shows NASCAR fans live in the past not the present so it's probably another nail in the coffin as all those drivers who were there at NASCARs peak retire., 

You sure are a stick in the mud. :slapping:

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm a realist.  Do you think this helps the sport gain back anything.  

Anything new helps...to what extent that is the question....

2 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Anything new helps...to what extent that is the question....

Well obviously guys like Chase Elliot and Ryan Blaney are link to the past which may or may not help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well obviously guys like Chase Elliot and Ryan Blaney are link to the past which may or may not help.

yup,  nascar should be like the WWE and make sure those guys are in the thick of the chase to see if they can make that bridge cause the sports dying.  

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup,  nascar should be like the WWE and make sure those guys are in the thick of the chase to see if they can make that bridge cause the sports dying.  

Well so far they are doing it on their own but yeah things aren't looking good for the sport.

The sport is desperately needing the next Dale Earnhardt Sr. vs Rusty, or vs T. Labonte, or DW.

But they also need to cut costs by 50% or more all across the board. Tickets, tires, transportation, engines.....etc.

And get rid of 50-75% of these stupid fucking 1.5 miles shit tracks.

Lighten the fucking tanks up, make them under 3000lbs and limit the hp to the 500ish range. And FFS put them on a couple dirt tracks!

3 hours ago, Legend said:

The sport is desperately needing the next Dale Earnhardt Sr. vs Rusty, or vs T. Labonte, or DW.

But they also need to cut costs by 50% or more all across the board. Tickets, tires, transportation, engines.....etc.

And get rid of 50-75% of these stupid fucking 1.5 miles shit tracks.

Lighten the fucking tanks up, make them under 3000lbs and limit the hp to the 500ish range. And FFS put them on a couple dirt tracks!

Could not agree more about 1.5 miles tracks....They need to give Iowa Speedway a Cup date...7/8 Mile designed by Rusty Wallace and and a couple more road courses.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2017 at 8:21 AM, 2strokemerc said:

I didn't know this guy raced in NASCAR. I guess when your dad has lots o money anything is possible. He grew up in my hometown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Klutt

I'd be curious to know what a ride costs of the weekend at Sanoma or The Glen.  I've heard you can place your ass in a truck for under $15,000 at Eldora, but you probably aren't getting a top or mid-pack running ride.  

12 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd be curious to know what a ride costs of the weekend at Sanoma or The Glen.  I've heard you can place your ass in a truck for under $15,000 at Eldora, but you probably aren't getting a top or mid-pack running ride.  

Some say three of the field filler  trucks were  $ 8500.00   :dunno: