Check your account email address ×

Infrustructure Bill

Lets all remember all the spending over the last decade the next time you hear anything about Social Security running out.

After weeks of negotiations, President Biden and a bipartisan group of senators have announced a deal on infrastructure spending.

The agreement focuses on investments in roads, railways, bridges and broadband internet, but it does not include investments Biden has referred to as "human infrastructure," including money allocated for child care and tax credits for families.
According to the White House, the price tag comes in at $1.2 trillion over eight years, with more than $500 billion in new spending. How the measure would be paid for was a central point in negotiations, with Republicans opposed to undoing any of the 2017 tax cuts.

The plan "makes transformational and historic investments in clean transportation infrastructure, clean water infrastructure, universal broadband infrastructure, clean power infrastructure, remediation of legacy pollution, and resilience to the changing climate," said a White House fact sheet on the plan released Thursday.

Sen. Bill Cassidy, R-La., touted the plan with his colleagues at the White House announcement, saying: "There's going to be a lot of jobs that come out of this."

The bipartisan deal is just the beginning of what could be a long and difficult process. Biden told reporters Thursday that he will not sign any legislation unless it is paired with a separate bill to address other elements of his broader infrastructure proposal. It is unclear at this point whether the parallel process has enough Democratic support to pass it without any Republican votes.

Here's a look at what's included in the agreement, according to the White House fact sheet:
Transportation: $312 billion

Roads, bridges, major projects: $109 billion

Safety: $11 billion

Public transit: $49 billion

Passenger and freight rail: $66 billion

Electric vehicles: $7.5 billion

Electric buses/transit: $7.5 billion

Reconnecting communities: $1 billion

Airports: $25 billion

Ports and waterways: $16 billion

Infrastructure financing: $20 billion
Other infrastructure: $266 billion

Water: $55 billion

Broadband: $65 billion

Environmental remediation: $21 billion

Power, including grid authority: $73 billion

Western water storage: $5 billion

Resilience: $47 billion
Goals of the plan

The White House said the plan, known currently as "The Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework" would, according to the fact sheet:

Improve healthy, sustainable transportation options for millions of Americans by modernizing and expanding transit and rail networks across the country, while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

Repair and rebuild roads and bridges with a focus on climate change mitigation, resilience, equity and safety for all users, including cyclists and pedestrians.

Build a national network of electric vehicle chargers along highways and in rural and disadvantaged communities.

Electrify thousands of school and transit buses across the country to reduce harmful emissions and drive domestic manufacturing of zero emission vehicles and components.  

Eliminate the nation's lead service lines and pipes, delivering clean drinking water to up to 10 million American families and more than 400,000 schools and child care facilities that currently don't have it, including in tribal nations and disadvantaged communities.

Connect every American to reliable high-speed internet.

Upgrade the power infrastructure, including by building thousands of miles of new, resilient transmission lines to facilitate the expansion of renewable energy, including through a new grid authority.

Create a first-of-its-kind Infrastructure Financing Authority that will leverage billions of dollars into clean transportation and clean energy.  

Make the largest investment in addressing legacy pollution in American history.

Prepare more infrastructure for impacts of climate change, cyberattacks and extreme weather events.

How would they pay for it?

The White House said the plan will be paid for with unused coronavirus relief funds, unused unemployment insurance and sales from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, among other measures. Here's a full look at the sources they've proposed, according to the fact sheet:

Reduce the IRS tax gap.  
    Unemployment insurance program integrity.  
    Redirect unused unemployment insurance relief funds.  
    Repurpose unused relief funds from 2020 emergency relief legislation.  
    State and local investment in broadband infrastructure.
    Allow states to sell or purchase unused toll credits for infrastructure.  
    Extend expiring customs user fees.  
    Reinstate Superfund fees for chemicals.  
    5G spectrum auction proceeds.
    Extend existing spending restraints over mandatory government programs.
    Strategic Petroleum Reserve sales.
    Public-private partnerships, private activity bonds, direct pay bonds and asset recycling for infrastructure investment.
    The expectation that infrastructure investment will generate economic growth.

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What does the 266 billion of "Other Infrastructure" cover?

That is a million dollar question.....or should I say a 266 BILLION dollar question. 

We all know that is just a little slush fund to do with as they please.

• Platinum Contributing Member

DOA.   So they agreed in principal on "actual infrastructure" but Biden won't sign it unless the stuff taken out is passed in another bill.   :lol:  Talk about a "look at what we are doing for you" moment for both parties.  

The bipartisan deal is just the beginning of what could be a long and difficult process. Biden told reporters Thursday that he will not sign any legislation unless it is paired with a separate bill to address other elements of his broader infrastructure proposal.

Edited by Highmark

Just like EVERY other bullshit raid on the taxpayers wallet, half this money will be siphoned-off by corruption, inefficiency, waste, fraud, and out-right theft. Just like the un-employment money was, and the stimulus to businesses was. 

Fucking bastards. 

8 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Just like EVERY other bullshit raid on the taxpayers wallet, half this money will be siphoned-off by corruption, inefficiency, waste, fraud, and out-right theft. Just like the un-employment money was, and the stimulus to businesses was. 

Fucking bastards. 

I NEVER EVER have remotely been in favor of any of these fucking bullshit spending bills.  I can't believe there are any people here that ever agree with them, BUT THEY DO.  They fall for the bullshit narrative every fucking time.  But lets all vote in another career politician.  That should really stop this, right?  FFS, if you can't understand that any fucking politician that has spent 47 years in Washington wasn't going to do this, then you need a bullet to the head.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I NEVER EVER have remotely been in favor of any of these fucking bullshit spending bills.  I can't believe there are any people here that ever agree with them, BUT THEY DO.  They fall for the bullshit narrative every fucking time.  But lets all vote in another career politician.  That should really stop this, right?  FFS, if you can't understand that any fucking politician that has spent 47 years in Washington wasn't going to do this, then you need a bullet to the head.

This is how politicians " BUY VOTES " !!!  It works!!!   

Bastards of bastard human existence.  Worst part is we can't do anything about it!! 

Our vote? Bullshit, doesn't matter who you vote for...................THEY ALL SUCK!!!

14 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

This is how politicians " BUY VOTES " !!!  It works!!!   

Bastards of bastard human existence.  Worst part is we can't do anything about it!! 

Our vote? Bullshit, doesn't matter who you vote for...................THEY ALL SUCK!!!

When something is done, you rally for the politicians.  Look at what you are saying about Jan 6th.  These are the people against this "buying votes".  They are against Antifa and BLM type organizations whose leadership has been bought.  They are against organizations such as the Sierra club or pacts like the Paris Accord.

Edited by racer254
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

When something is done, you rally for the politicians.  Look at what you are saying about Jan 6th.  These are the people against this "buying votes".  They are against Antifa and BLM type organizations whose leadership has been bought.  They are against organizations such as the Sierra club or pacts like the Paris Accord.

Come on now Racey!!  No way in the world that you can justify Trump/Jan. 6!!!

However, it gets back to what I said................THEY ALL SUCK!! 

I can not align with either party.  

The only saving grace for me, is that I am making a few dollars in the market. If it wasn't for that I'd be really bummed-out. 

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Come on now Racey!!  No way in the world that you can justify Trump/Jan. 6!!!

However, it gets back to what I said................THEY ALL SUCK!! 

I can not align with either party.  

The only saving grace for me, is that I am making a few dollars in the market. If it wasn't for that I'd be really bummed-out. 

I agree with you on a lot, you see trump for what he is, YES, but I look at trump as more of a stepping stone toward better and different people in office.  I believe the swamp rats in Washington also saw it that way.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Fucking bastards. 

None of it is real this is just PR bull shit . If yiu can't see why they and the media is propping up this bill Joe has not and has said will not sign unless. Well then I don't know what to tell you. 

Dog and pony show for the sheep . 

Next week will be tge evil republicans don't want you to have that bill . 

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, racer254 said:

I agree with you on a lot, you see trump for what he is, YES, but I look at trump as more of a stepping stone toward better and different people in office.  I believe the swamp rats in Washington also saw it that way.

Th DC swamp is a highly organized POWER STRUCTURE. Yes, many of them are rats, but they will not relinquish that power, without a fight. 

Trump did try to break it up, but he was not savvy about politics. Trump was used to ruling with an iron, AUTOCRATIC FIST.....................can't do that in DC!!!!

While his goal of DRAINING THE SWAMP was laudable, it was TOTALLY UNREALISTIC, AND IMPOSSIBLE. The way he went about it was undoable. 

All we can do is HOPE that we get through 4 years of Biden/Harris, and HOPE that a reasonable candidate emerges.  I'm thinking DeSantis  might be the Pub candidate. Just my .02c.  

On 6/25/2021 at 11:13 AM, Ez ryder said:

None of it is real this is just PR bull shit . If yiu can't see why they and the media is proving up this bill Joe has not and has said will not sign unless. Well then I don't know what to tell you. 

Dog and pony show for the sheep . 

Next week will be tge evil republicans don't want you to have that bill . 

OK, for the TENTH TIME.....................I dislike THEM ALL!!  They all suck!! We got screwed when Biden got in!!! He's gonna' drain our money for the minorities. He got the votes, he got the POWER. Sucks to be US!!!!! 

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Th DC swamp is a highly organized POWER STRUCTURE. Yes, many of them are rats, but they will not relinquish that power, without a fight. 

Trump did try to break it up, but he was not savvy about politics. Trump was used to ruling with an iron, AUTOCRATIC FIST.....................can't do that in DC!!!!

While his goal of DRAINING THE SWAMP was laudable, it was TOTALLY UNREALISTIC, AND IMPOSSIBLE. The way he went about it was undoable. 

All we can do is HOPE that we get through 4 years of Biden/Harris, and HOPE that a reasonable candidate emerges.  I'm thinking DeSantis  might be the Pub candidate. Just my .02c.  

There were 74+million that agreed with how he was doing it.  Who cares if he was savvy about politics.  And although he lost the election, he gained more votes than any other politician in the same role.  That tells you that he has ALOT of support for the way he was doing it.   DC was able to get more votes than trump, not biden, DC won this election.  They are using tactics that may be within the rules, but are bending and possibly breaking the law.  That is why they are now trying to write the voter id laws, so they know how to bend them and not get caught.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There were 74+million that agreed with how he was doing it.  Who cares if he was savvy about politics.  And although he lost the election, he gained more votes than any other politician in the same role.  That tells you that he has ALOT of support for the way he was doing it.   DC was able to get more votes than trump, not biden, DC won this election.  They are using tactics that may be within the rules, but are bending and possibly breaking the law.  That is why they are now trying to write the voter id laws, so they know how to bend them and not get caught.

I don't think Trump necessarily got those votes because of his attack on DC politics, I think he got them because of his stand on abortion, his religiosity, his dislike of minorities, his border wall lies and failures. 

5 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I don't think Trump necessarily got those votes because of his attack on DC politics, I think he got them because of his stand on abortion, his religiosity, his dislike of minorities, his border wall lies and failures. 

I disagree.  Trump got votes because there were a lot of people hoping he would expose DC.  The current bunch in DC are dug in like ticks on a hound.  The rest of what you said sounds like a add from an opponent

Edited by racer254

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I disagree.  Trump got votes because there were a lot of people hoping he would expose DC.  The current bunch in DC are dug in like ticks on a hound.  The rest of what you said sounds like a add from an opponent

Trump got a lot of votes, just not enough to win. Face it he didn't do half of what he said he would, he lied constantly and acted like an asshole daily, of course republicans voted for him, they rarely split their ticket on presidential races, even if there were a better choice on the other side.  

You seem to forget the debt, deficit, gas prices, all went up, his farm bailout that cost more than the auto bailout you cried so hard about, with the tax cuts and deregulation his 4th quarter GDP was 2.1%, his policies put the final blow to many farmers, he had higher trade deficits than any of the previous 8 years in fact you had to go back 12 years to find a number as high.  

Who the fuck didn't know DC is corrupt?   You think Barr, Pompeo, Bolton to name a few weren't the worst of the worst swamp ?  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Trump got a lot of votes, just not enough to win. Face it he didn't do half of what he said he would, he lied constantly and acted like an asshole daily, of course republicans voted for him, they rarely split their ticket on presidential races, even if there were a better choice on the other side.  

You seem to forget the debt, deficit, gas prices, all went up, his farm bailout that cost more than the auto bailout you cried so hard about, with the tax cuts and deregulation his 4th quarter GDP was 2.1%, his policies put the final blow to many farmers, he had higher trade deficits than any of the previous 8 years in fact you had to go back 12 years to find a number as high.  

Who the fuck didn't know DC is corrupt?   You think Barr, Pompeo, Bolton to name a few weren't the worst of the worst swamp ?  

:news:  

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, 1jkw said:

or forward 5 months

Yeah, them DC SWAMP RATS better watch out for Donny Flair!!

Donny's boyz:

Manafort-Prison

Stone-Prison

Papadopoulos-Prison

Flynn-prison

Giuliani- Possibly indicted soon, law license suspended

Yeah, Donny's really gonna' drain the DC swamp!!!     :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Guest

On 6/25/2021 at 12:07 PM, racer254 said:

Racey, have you seen my SIG-LINE?????    

To: all you  REPUBS/Conservatives

Pick anybody you want to be your leader...................................EXCEPT TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!

Pick DeSantis, pick Cheney, pick ANYBODY BUT TRUMP!!!!!!

You can even pick Shoe-Shine Boy, Mike Pence!!  

ANYBODY, BUT TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

To: all you  REPUBS/Conservatives

Pick anybody you want to be your leader...................................EXCEPT TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!

Pick DeSantis, pick Cheney, pick ANYBODY BUT TRUMP!!!!!!

You can even pick Shoe-Shine Boy, Mike Pence!!  

ANYBODY, BUT TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was still the best of any one you mentioned and 1000x better than Biden 

Now I am talking policy and action not personality 

You know what acctaly matters in real life

Edited by Ez ryder