Check your account email address ×

How you fix the military

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Mhm.  :thumbsup:

I mean there’s a tangible difference between deposing governments and installing puppet regimes .....vs feeding , educating , providing healthcare and clean water etc etc

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's good for many...but not for everybody.  Some go in a mess and can clean themselves up with what the military offers and at least learn some discipline.  Some can't clean up at all.  Those that go in for the right reasons, can really benefit.

It's kind of like a gifted and dedicated athlete/musician can really turn into something with the right coach/training/practice.  Low skill or mediocre levels can only gain so much before tapping on their own ceiling.  Luckily, the military has places for many of these too.

my son does well when someone pushes him which he needs right now.  

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I mean there’s a tangible difference between deposing governments and installing puppet regimes .....vs feeding , educating , providing healthcare and clean water etc etc

Shift noted from your last reply.  No reason to keep it going.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Gleefully drawn up by the UN and NATO.  Want to “fix” our military?  Get politics out of it.  We have no business introducing our armed forces into the world for any type of “humanitarian efforts”.  Especially under any type of foreign command structure. (UN, NATO, WHO, etc).

Any of those joining the military in some bizarre thought process that they think they can “better the world” with kindness by force (“hearts and minds”) should join the Peace Corps.  Any military leader positioned to do anything but take the objective quickly and violently by any and all means necessary should refuse orders from our elected “servants”, for they are just pawns and money brokers using the blood of young men and women for DC and absolutely nothing more. 

X2

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

I mostly agree with this.....but just the verbiage of “take the objective” is misplaced. The military should only ever be used for defense and if that defense includes eliminating an enemy that so be it. If that enemy poses any significant threat then eliminate them. Currently the CCP should be eliminated militarily and if we don’t do it now then it will be more difficult 3 years from now and so on so forth etc.

Fighting China will be a nightmare from Hell, anyway you look at it. 

My thinking is that we should starve the fukkers ECONOMICALLY. 

Global sanctions against them , embargos, withdraw all US companies. Anything and everything to return them to serfdom and

groveling in rice paddies for food.  

Ironically it was AMERICAN GREED that made China rich and powerful. Thank your CEO's for this. 

35 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Fighting China will be a nightmare from Hell, anyway you look at it. 

My thinking is that we should starve the fukkers ECONOMICALLY. 

Global sanctions against them , embargos, withdraw all US companies. Anything and everything to return them to serfdom and

groveling in rice paddies for food.  

Ironically it was AMERICAN GREED that made China rich and powerful. Thank your CEO's for this. 

You saw what they just did when we challenged them economically. They released a fucking virus as a fuck you.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

"You think China is gonna eat our lunch? C'mon man!"

What was he point of the whole exercise if Trump was just gonna punt and slink away empty handed regardless. The man conned us all

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What was he point of the whole exercise if Trump was just gonna punt and slink away empty handed regardless. The man conned us all

Trump wasn’t in charge.  This and many other things told me that nobody is going to turn DC around.

....not that I thought Trump was the perfect person to attempt this though.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's good for many...but not for everybody.  Some go in a mess and can clean themselves up with what the military offers and at least learn some discipline.  Some can't clean up at all.  Those that go in for the right reasons, can really benefit.

It's kind of like a gifted and dedicated athlete/musician can really turn into something with the right coach/training/practice.  Low skill or mediocre levels can only gain so much before tapping on their own ceiling.  Luckily, the military has places for many of these too.

I believe that and have seen it. There was this dude I went to high school with, was half white half black, short and fat. He was a real pos too. Right about 4 or 5 years out of high school we were at a bar and my girl friend at the time says "holy shit it's ____" dude looked about 6 inches taller, spoke clearly actually had some posture. Said he just got out of the military. Was a totally different guy. I think without that he would be living under a bridge somewhere. 

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

I believe that and have seen it. There was this dude I went to high school with, was half white half black, short and fat. He was a real pos too. Right about 4 or 5 years out of high school we were at a bar and my girl friend at the time says "holy shit it's ____" dude looked about 6 inches taller, spoke clearly actually had some posture. Said he just got out of the military. Was a totally different guy. I think without that he would be living under a bridge somewhere. 

So you went to high school with Zambroski?? 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

You saw what they just did when we challenged them economically. They released a fucking virus as a fuck you.

THAT'S WHAT I SAID FOR OVER ONE YEAR!!!  THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED!!!

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

I totally agree with that mission....the armed forces is not the vehicle to accomplish it though. Reallocating some military resource into accomplishing preemptive peace is a good idea though. It’s basically the same idea as defund the police

The plan was to retain older skilled soldiers for use in the humanitarian force. Break out the Marines from the regular military and use them as a security force for the humanitarian soldiers. If you set the Sea Bee's lose on just making roads in Africa it would be a huge help. China is already making moves in Africa so it would be in our best interest to improve relations anywhere we could on the continent.