Check your account email address ×

The Biden Economic Blunder

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kevin-brady-on-jobs-wages-and-insurrection-133054609.html

Kevin Brady calls Biden tax hikes 'a major economic blunder,' blames labor shortage on benefits

Adam Shapiro
Adam Shapiro
Wed, May 19, 2021, 8:30 AM·3 min read

2:27
13:51

Yahoo Finance Presents: Rep. Kevin Brady

U.S. Representative Kevin Brady (R-Tex.) predicts President Biden could make a big mistake that hurts American workers. 

"I think it's a major economic blunder to raise taxes on job creators, as we're urging them to hire more Americans, and do it in a way that both hurts working families and drives U.S. jobs overseas," he told Yahoo Finance Live.

Brady is the ranking member of the House Committee on Ways and Means but he was chairman when the Trump administration passed the historic 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which cut the corporate tax rate to 21%. Biden wants to raise the corporate tax rate and reverse some of the other tax cuts to help pay for his multi-trillion dollar American Jobs Plan.

Scroll to continue with content

Ad

1 hour ago, XC.Morrison said:

0D912B49-994D-47F0-885A-D58618BF4096.jpeg

The US needs to compete with the rest of the world, and looking back at the history of US tax rates has little to do with it.  This is the type of propaganda that holds virtually NO VALUE when comparing corporate tax rates and what raising them does.

Here is the comparison that everyone should be making.

image.thumb.png.fc82d01d65858c63748a41698040333a.png

https://taxfoundation.org/publications/corporate-tax-rates-around-the-world/

Edited by racer254

I think people get too hung up on the rate rather than the "ETR" it doesn't matter what the rate is if you have deductions that allow you to pay below the rate or no tax at all.

31 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There’s no labor shortage. There is a pay shortage.

With Joe's hyper inflation yeah .

And the monthly 200 buck a mo sent directly to your bank for every time you fucked and knocked her up will be sure help things . 

20210520_101624.jpg

20210520_101835.jpg

33 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

SMH   look around and open your eyes.   no ones paying 7.25/hr around here and no one can get enough help.  You don't pay the drive thru girl 25 an hour at dunks or starbs.  My dunks is right next to no daddy alley in Portsmouth.  never an issue with getting help until they started doling out excess UE $.  why walk next door and put in the hours when you can spend your day high and collect tax free benefits.  They are offering $600 week which is plenty for that job to start.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I think people get too hung up on the rate rather than the "ETR" it doesn't matter what the rate is if you have deductions that allow you to pay below the rate or no tax at all.

People also get too focused on Federal taxes.   People need to take a close look at all taxes then calculate their ETR.   Taxes come in all forms including vehicle registrations and many others.   When travelling for business (when we did) taxes on those costs easily exceeded 20%.

46 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

So what should a cashier make because 22 to 25 bucks with Benny's is obviously not enough by looking at all the signs as I drive around all day . Really what do you think a gas station attendant or a burger flipper should start at ? 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

So what should a cashier make because 22 to 25 bucks with Benny's is obviously not enough by looking at all the signs as I drive around all day . Really what do you think a gas station attendant or a burger flipper should start at ? 

McDonalds here is starting at $15, Subway at $12.  2 of the local ma/pa places are only open limited hours because short of workers.

My nephew has been collecting unemployment since March 2020, still no plans to get a job.  He's blown all the money on stupid shit, he's woke as fuck.  We kicked him out 2 months ago and made him go live back with his mom.

• Like 2

It's better use of their time. Why work when you don't have to? I mean, spend your time not working and collecting just as much from the government. Now to go back to work you'll have to spend money on gas, childcare etc. That's crazy....just stay home and get paid

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It's better use of their time. Why work when you don't have to? I mean, spend your time not working and collecting just as much from the government. Now to go back to work you'll have to spend money on gas, childcare etc. That's crazy....just stay home and get paid

Exactly.  There is little incentive.  I think MN is dialing back on the extra UI money finally.  It should have never been handed out.

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Exactly.  There is little incentive.  I think MN is dialing back on the extra UI money finally.  It should have never been handed out.

It makes total sense to the younger or lazy AF people. Nice thing is, there's been lots of talk about dialing back the extra UI after the jobs numbers came out. And rightfully so. Time to go back to work people.....a lot of us never stopped!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

It makes total sense to the younger or lazy AF people. Nice thing is, there's been lots of talk about dialing back the extra UI after the jobs numbers came out. And rightfully so. Time to go back to work people.....a lot of us never stopped!

I worked through the whole thing but now I'm out on Medical lol.  Still haven't seen a thing, the MN UI system has extra checks & forms to send in now.  I am not protected with FMLA as I was only at this employer for 7 months.  With the doctors papers and income I sent in, I should get 492/week + whatever extra is still being thrown out.

58 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH   look around and open your eyes.   no ones paying 7.25/hr around here and no one can get enough help.  You don't pay the drive thru girl 25 an hour at dunks or starbs.  My dunks is right next to no daddy alley in Portsmouth.  never an issue with getting help until they started doling out excess UE $.  why walk next door and put in the hours when you can spend your day high and collect tax free benefits.  They are offering $600 week which is plenty for that job to start.  

You pay what you have to. It’s the old Republican mantra “supply and demand” oh and the greed…yeah.

47 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Whatever it takes…..market demand right mr. Conservative?

26 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Yep, you want incentive to work then give it to the people who are WORKING, the washington politicians don't want that.  They want government hand outs that make the populace lazy and submissive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

You pay what you have to. It’s the old Republican mantra “supply and demand” oh and the greed…yeah.

no surprise you are OK with paying people to stay home therefore tightening the supply.  thankfully Sununu is doing something about it before the summer.  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

People also get too focused on Federal taxes.   People need to take a close look at all taxes then calculate their ETR.   Taxes come in all forms including vehicle registrations and many others.   When travelling for business (when we did) taxes on those costs easily exceeded 20%.

Yes and in our county right after the fed tax break they raised taxes claiming there was a cut in fed tax payments to the county.  Our vehicle titles cost went from 25.00 to over 100 and they had over 100 new fees to go for road repair plus the highest gas tax in the country, it went up 40 cents.

17 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes and in our county right after the fed tax break they raised taxes claiming there was a cut in fed tax payments to the county.  Our vehicle titles cost went from 25.00 to over 100 and they had over 100 new fees to go for road repair plus the highest gas tax in the country, it went up 40 cents.

Seems like it's a good time to get rid of the county board and get some people who won't continue to raise taxes.

Edited by racer254