Check your account email address ×

Who is more informed, conservatives or liberals?

In a series of studies, a group of PhDs are analyzing societal issues from 2020 and plotting peoples' perceptions based on their political affiliation and education.  It's no surprise that:

1. There is actually an inverse relationship between how "educated" one is and how "informed" they are.
  2. Liberals WAAAAY overstate the pervasiveness of incidents which fit their chosen narrative that the cops and America writ large are racist.
  3. Also no surprise, but to a lesser degree, conservatives understate.

https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/reports/Research-Report-CUPES-007.pdf

This is because, for some unexplained reason, more "educated" people trust more heavily in mainstream news than those who are more conservative.

https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/reports/Research-Report-CUPES-008.pdf

Then of course there's this analysis, which Bill Maher even discussed on a recent episode of his show, which shows conservatives were far more likely to get the correct answers when asked about how dangerous COVID actually is.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/

So the next time some know-it-all liberal tells you to "follow the data," tell them to shove it up their asses.  Their righteousness comes from a condescending certainty about bullshit.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

Quit reading after I saw this blatant bullshit statement 

This is because, for some unexplained reason, more "educated" people trust more heavily in mainstream news than those who are more conservative

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Quit reading after I saw this blatant bullshit statement 

This is because, for some unexplained reason, more "educated" people trust more heavily in mainstream news than those who are more conservative

You disagree?  I would say this is accurate.  Who believes CNN more?  College professors or pipefitters?

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

You disagree?  I would say this is accurate.  Who believes CNN more?  College professors or pipefitters?

Go back and read the quoted text again.

Now tell me what is wrong with it .

Bias shit from the word go 

I think you're missing my point... Conservatives have more healthy skepticism. Liberals believe more of what the media feeds them. 

Follow the first two links and it'll be more clear. 

Edited by Matt

I just thought it was really interesting, but not completely surprising that the level of ones education is a predictor of how likely one is to swallow and spew bullshit.

Of course, the inverse isn't true, otherwise MC would probably be a triple PhD.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think you're missing my point... Conservatives have more healthy skepticism. Liberals believe more of what the media feeds them. 

Yeah I’m not sure how you’d even question that 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I get the point . Only stating I had to stop the first time because the quit was exactly how media would want it framed the non degree holding conservatives 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Matt said:

In a series of studies, a group of PhDs are analyzing societal issues from 2020 and plotting peoples' perceptions based on their political affiliation and education.  It's no surprise that:

1. There is actually an inverse relationship between how "educated" one is and how "informed" they are.
  2. Liberals WAAAAY overstate the pervasiveness of incidents which fit their chosen narrative that the cops and America writ large are racist.
  3. Also no surprise, but to a lesser degree, conservatives understate.

https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/reports/Research-Report-CUPES-007.pdf

This is because, for some unexplained reason, more "educated" people trust more heavily in mainstream news than those who are more conservative.

https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/reports/Research-Report-CUPES-008.pdf

Then of course there's this analysis, which Bill Maher even discussed on a recent episode of his show, which shows conservatives were far more likely to get the correct answers when asked about how dangerous COVID actually is.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/

So the next time some know-it-all liberal tells you to "follow the data," tell them to shove it up their asses.  Their righteousness comes from a condescending certainty about bullshit.

I liked the Bill Maher speech on COVID until the part he claimed he wants his "healthcare without politics." :lmao:He's a long time proponent of UHC.  Sorry Bill but if the govt runs healthcare politics is all fucking over it.  

It's not just what's "believed" its what and who is pushing the false information.   

Look no further than the BS statistics on women earning less than men.   It virtually goes away when looking at job/career specific statistics instead of just looking at earnings by sex.  The left pushes this BS narrative and their sheeple just eat it up and regurgitate it on a daily basis.     

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

CNN admitted their guests are pre-screened idiots who have already swallowed the narrative.

Or ones they know they can lead. Media is the largest issue in North America right now. There’s a lot of blood on those hands. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Or ones they know they can lead. Media is the largest issue in North America right now. There’s a lot of blood on those hands. 

Yep and one of the most significant issues on why I supported Trump.   About time someone fought back against them. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

It's not just what's "believed" its what and who is pushing the false information.   

Look no further than the BS statistics on women earning less than men.   It virtually goes away when looking at job/career specific statistics instead of just looking at earnings by sex.  The left pushes this BS narrative and their sheeple just eat it up and regurgitate it on a daily basis.     

It really is amazing.  Then you take into consideration the amount of time that women take off compared to men for child birth etc, it really turns into a false narrative.  Just like the new narrative about Asian Hate crime.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It really is amazing.  Then you take into consideration the amount of time that women take off compared to men for child birth etc, it really turns into a false narrative.  Just like the new narrative about Asian Hate crime.

American federal law allows 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave. Do you know what Canada provides? European countries? 

We’re all going to die from climate change 

Russian collusion 

ukrainian quid pro quo 

we’re all going to die from covid 

masks will save us all 

all blacks die from cops 

jussie smollet 

zimmerman 

Just a few things that the vast majority of of the left was duped over just in the last few years alone 

Then the left shrieks PizZaGaTe because the small fringe on the right believing something stupid is equivalent to the vast majority of the left being duped all the time 

13 minutes ago, ACE said:

Then the left shrieks PizZaGaTe because the small fringe on the right believing something stupid is equivalent to the vast majority of the left being duped all the time 

Yes.  The amount of BlueAnon believers is easily 100fold the number of QAnon believers.