Check your account email address ×

Spotted one of them Polaris Slingshots on my way out of dinner last night.

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Pretty rare sighting but I snapped a quick pic from the truck of this one.  Not sure what year....it looks new though.  :dunno:

Polaris Slingshot.jpg

I like it better I would not buy one or a sling shit but if given a choice of a test drive I would take the old school shop project 

Don't knock the slingshot until you try one.  I bought a first year model and the important parts were made by GM (engine) and Aisin (manual transmission).  The only poo parts were the crappy tires, brakes, shocks and paint but the thing was exactly what I thought it would be - a relatively cheap street legal tire smoking go cart that put some very expensive sports cars to shame on track days.

I never went crazy on it like some have but I did put on sticky rubber, better brakes, better shocks, free flowing exhaust, CAI and a tune that bumped it to near 200HP NA stock.  The thing would rip and because it's 3 inches off the asphalt with no doors 120 easily feels like you are cracking the 200MPH mark in the thing.

I lived with the horrible orange peel paint job for the three years I owned it then came to my senses just before I did something really stupid like spending $5K on a hair dryer for 350HP.  At that point the money spent is just dumb and actual sports cars become the better way to go.... 

It was a blast though and an easy way to get into track days without buying a beater mustang or a fucking miata....

3 hours ago, jdsky said:

Don't knock the slingshot until you try one.  I bought a first year model and the important parts were made by GM (engine) and Aisin (manual transmission).  The only poo parts were the crappy tires, brakes, shocks and paint but the thing was exactly what I thought it would be - a relatively cheap street legal tire smoking go cart that put some very expensive sports cars to shame on track days.

I never went crazy on it like some have but I did put on sticky rubber, better brakes, better shocks, free flowing exhaust, CAI and a tune that bumped it to near 200HP NA stock.  The thing would rip and because it's 3 inches off the asphalt with no doors 120 easily feels like you are cracking the 200MPH mark in the thing.

I lived with the horrible orange peel paint job for the three years I owned it then came to my senses just before I did something really stupid like spending $5K on a hair dryer for 350HP.  At that point the money spent is just dumb and actual sports cars become the better way to go.... 

It was a blast though and an easy way to get into track days without buying a beater mustang or a fucking miata....

For the price of a Slingshot you can get a fleet of beater Mustangs and clapped out Miatas.

My wife's cousin had a black one.then got himself a Batman suit and would cruise Fort Frances.He was in his late 50's and I bet the utility belt carried a nice selection of refreshments