Check your account email address ×

Variants, should we be closing our borders??

22 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

My comment was loaded with sarcasm. I see that Oregon is now pushing a permanent mask mandate because well, like the flu and most every other virus, this will be with us pretty much forever. Permanent mask mandates, vaccine passports, all of the awesome stuff that they will just keep piling on that is yet to come. I told the wife a year ago that this shit would change a LOT with how we live life from here on out and I wish I was wrong about that. I really do. 

I know it was.

People need to realize this is not about a virus, anymore, actually it never was.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So what's your Science behind a 90% infection rate ? 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Test for antibodies at random say 100-500 and extrapolate.  Not really a biggie.  

Lets follow models instead.

No No. What possible Scientific approach would promote or allow a 90% infection rate to a population ? Nevermind the after that fact interpretations, 90% of 326 million is 293,400,00. Should we follow that model ? 

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

No No. What possible Scientific approach would promote or allow a 90% infection rate to a population ? Nevermind the after that fact interpretations, 90% of 326 million is 293,400,00. Should we follow that model ? 

What do you think the infection rate currently is?

45 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What do you think the infection rate currently is?

Stick to the facts.

The article you posted clearly stated repeatedly 90% infection rate, at an estimated 9% hospitalization rate that's 26,406,000 Americans that would have needed hospitalization

Edited by Tinker

19 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Stick to the facts.

The article you posted clearly stated repeatedly 90% infection rate, at an estimated 9% hospitalization rate that's 26,406,000 Americans that would need hospitalization

Good grief.  

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

Pretty sure his IQ is around 88

Yes and masks are needed to stop the asymptomatic spread.  I should take him to a smelter where there is a potential for sulfur release and then when the mask fails to save his life he will understand.   It will be too late then, but lesson learned.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes and masks are needed to stop the asymptomatic spread.  I should take him to a smelter where there is a potential for sulfur release and then when the mask fails to save his life he will understand.   It will be too late then, but lesson learned.

Pretty clear at this point that if you’re still adamantly pro mask you’re just desperately clinging into an empty social platitude to try to look good. 

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

Pretty clear at this point that if you’re still adamantly pro mask you’re just desperately clinging into an empty social platitude to try to look good. 

Like the kids that wear them now just because they are scared and because they are some sort of symbol to others their age. It’s pathetic that someone would abuse their child that way but whatever I guess. 

15 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Like the kids that wear them now just because they are scared and because they are some sort of symbol to others their age. It’s pathetic that someone would abuse their child that way but whatever I guess. 

I’d say lots just want to blend in. For some it’s a massive virtue signal. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Its literally like announcing your political ideologies on your face.  :lol:  

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Could be. I just think it’s sad to see kids out with the parents, in situations where they don’t need them on but they keep them on even when their parents take theirs off. A friend says his 12 year old tells him that he doesn’t feel safe unless he’s at home. Again, just sad. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Its literally like announcing your political ideologies on your face.  :lol:  

Unfortunately it can be. Considering this whole thing is way more politically charged than it should be. 

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Could be. I just think it’s sad to see kids out with the parents, in situations where they don’t need them on but they keep them on even when their parents take theirs off. A friend says his 12 year old tells him that he doesn’t feel safe unless he’s at home. Again, just sad. 

Unfortunately it can be. Considering this whole thing is way more politically charged than it should be. 

Maybe so. Our kids understand that the government is a much larger issue than covid is