Check your account email address ×

CRAP

TOP STORY

Man killed in snowmobile crash on Lake Namakagon

A53-year-old Delafield Wisconsin man was killed Friday night March 5 in a snowmobile crash on Lake Namakagon in Bayfield County.

The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office reported that they received a 911 call at 8:11 p.m. Friday reporting a snowmobile vs. utility terrain vehicle (UTV) accident on Lake Namakagon.

The sheriff's office stated that a preliminary investigation indicates the 53-year-old man was driving his snowmobile southbound on Lake Namakagon when he struck a UTV that was traveling northbound.

The driver of the snowmobile was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the UTV, a 47-year-old man from Madrid, Iowa, sustained minor injuries.

A passenger on the UTV was medically evucated to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The crash remains under investigation by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and the Bayfield County Sheriff's Office.

Members of the Great Divide Ambulance, Namakagon Fire, Bayfield County Sheriff's Office, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and North American Air Care responded, as well as the Town of Namakagon constable.

• Sad 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

You can ride ATV/SXS on the trails here.

everywhere?  if so thats stupid IMO with the width and speed difference.  I own both but not going on sled trails with my UTV unless they were real wide and open.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

everywhere?  if so thats stupid IMO with the width and speed difference.  I own both but not going on sled trails with my UTV unless they were real wide and open.  

I stay off the trails with my wheelers during the sled season, however some years there are lots of wheelers on the trails.

Not 100% sure about every trail being open to wheelers in the Winter.

Faggot ass fucking bullshit sxs and atv retards need to keep their dicksucking cockmobiles in the garage until the snow melts. Fucking faggot ass pieces of shit

Edited by f7ben

Are yours parked all Winter?

We have 3 wheelers but I refuse to run them on the trails in the Winter, BUT, it is legal where I am and the businesses encourage/welcome their use. The only time you'll see me on the trails in the Winter is if I'm asked to help with Search & Rescue.

Wheeled vehicles are out-selling sleds here 5 to 1 due to the less & less snow now a days with less days in the year to ride sleds.

13 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I stay off the trails with my wheelers during the sled season, however some years there are lots of wheelers on the trails.

Not 100% sure about every trail being open to wheelers in the Winter.

13 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

You can ride ATV/SXS on the trails here.

I rarely ever take my sxs out in the winter. we only have about 2 weeks a year where i would feel comfortable driving it across the lake to the bar.  I drop the full coverage for when I drive it on the street.   When you buy your ORV you have to buy a trail permit as well, lakes or parks it is required. So I can see how there may be SXS owners who feel they are entitled to drive on the trails. 

We do not need a trail pass (yet). Quite a few wheelers on the lakes here in the Winter, ice fishermen.

Last Spring the Local Dealer had over a million dollars in new wheeler inventory, it was all gone 2 months later.

Edited by XCR1250

• Platinum Contributing Member

Happened about 1/4 mile or less from where we were staying.   Popo was still on scene when we went by about midnight.   Accident happened about 8:30.  They just pulled the sled off the lake and the UTV was sitting right below it on the bank.   According to the bartender at the place near where we were staying he said the following night it was the sled driver at fault riding on the wrong side of the stakes.  

Damn a lot of people die at places I'm at riding at.   3-4 out west at Tog and now this guy.  

Edited by Highmark

53 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Happened about 1/4 mile or less from where we were staying.   Popo was still on scene when we went by about midnight.   Accident happened about 8:30.  They just pulled the sled off the lake and the UTV was sitting right below it on the bank.   According to the bartender at the place near where we were staying he said the following night it was the sled driver at fault riding on the wrong side of the stakes.  

Damn a lot of people die at places I'm at riding at.   3-4 out west at Tog and now this guy.  

What happened at togwotee?

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

What happened at togwotee?

3 different years guys were killed in avy's over the years which one of them there was a helicopter crash on the way to the scene or after pick up.   Think a couple of guys died in that as well.   The last fatality when I was there was an older guy dropped off the snow bank to the road at the Breccia cliffs crossing.   Been a few years since I've been out. 

Edited by Highmark