Jump to content

Ontario Riders, How was your season?


Recommended Posts

Thought maybe I'd start a NON-POLITICAL snowmobiling thread

We unfortunately live in the North Bay/Parry Sound Region so despite the snowfall and great trails our time was seriously limited.

Hopefully we can get a few rides in still.

I've got almost as many kilometers on my yard sleds running on the ice and swamps than the trail sleds

 

 

harris Lake1.jpg

Harris 3.jpg

GTX.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My sleds never left the trailer from summer storage. With limited riding the last few years due to limited snow mostly, I told myself this year I was going to wait even if it cost me more money until more snow was on the ground and more trails were open. With trail closures due to covid last year, that was also a factor in my decision as the writing was on the wall, imo, that that was going to happen again.

Did I miss not getting out, absolutely, but also saving $400+ dollars and not getting my sleds fired up/ready for the season, was also a plus. Fingers crossed for next season that things are back to normal. :bc:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got over 3000k on from local D9 area this yr 

trails are getting pretty thin now with the sun steaming 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn't buy a permit for the first time in years. We went up to the Hali Forest for our only day out this season and we've been away since the middle of January and won't be home for another 3-4 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Had my second and last ride of the season, my son had his first and last.

About 300 km for the season.:puke:

Man that sucks, but I'm at about 500km on the trail sleds. Son and I sledded up to Port Loring last Thursday and ate an excellent sandwich in their

parking lot while the cold froze our hands.....Thanks Dr. Doom

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, irv said:

My sleds never left the trailer from summer storage. With limited riding the last few years due to limited snow mostly, I told myself this year I was going to wait even if it cost me more money until more snow was on the ground and more trails were open. With trail closures due to covid last year, that was also a factor in my decision as the writing was on the wall, imo, that that was going to happen again.

Did I miss not getting out, absolutely, but also saving $400+ dollars and not getting my sleds fired up/ready for the season, was also a plus. Fingers crossed for next season that things are back to normal. :bc:

You my friend were smarter than I, and my wife reminds me of the expense daily! The Blizzard is her's and she never went out on it, no where to warm up and eat

which is what she enjoys. Instead she watched Grandson so son could accompany me. 

 

I see you've got an 08 Vector, wife had one, absolutely loved it but shoulder issues caused us to sell it last year and get her something lighter in the front end

 

 

Vector.JPG

Edited by oldslowsledder
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Man that sucks, but I'm at about 500km on the trail sleds. Son and I sledded up to Port Loring last Thursday and ate an excellent sandwich in their

parking lot while the cold froze our hands.....Thanks Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom wasn't really to blame for my sons lack of a season, it was all on him and his schedule.

Hoping for a good season next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

You my friend were smarter than I, and my wife reminds me of the expense daily! The Blizzard is her's and she never went out on it, no where to warm up and eat

which is what she enjoys. Instead she watched Grandson so son could accompany me

My wife does not ride or care to.  Its most likely a blessing as we can walk faster than her using the throttle.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2021 at 12:52 PM, irv said:

My sleds never left the trailer from summer storage. With limited riding the last few years due to limited snow mostly, I told myself this year I was going to wait even if it cost me more money until more snow was on the ground and more trails were open. With trail closures due to covid last year, that was also a factor in my decision as the writing was on the wall, imo, that that was going to happen again.

Did I miss not getting out, absolutely, but also saving $400+ dollars and not getting my sleds fired up/ready for the season, was also a plus. Fingers crossed for next season that things are back to normal. :bc:

This is the worst thing I've read today.  Irv, you need to start looking at the big picture.  Yay, you saved 400 bucks.....WTF man.  Go out and live, you never know when its your time.

Myself, I got out 3 times for real rides.  Wife started a new job and she works every 2 out of 3 weekends. Oh well, think I'm gonna snow check again this year.  On the bright side, I found a restaurant this week that didn't give a shit about the covid restrictions. Didn't have to wear a mask, no one turned away from lack of space, it was amazing!  Can't wait to go back and support them, even if its on my motorcycle! lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

0 klm this year, wife suffered 2 brain aneurisms and 3 brain surgeries later I was unable to really leave her for any extended amount of time. Sold my sled for what I paid 3 years ago, figured why not at this point - crazy covid prices. First time in 30 years without a sled. Will be looking for another one for next year. Really missed getting out for sure.  

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brother groove said:

0 klm this year, wife suffered 2 brain aneurisms and 3 brain surgeries later I was unable to really leave her for any extended amount of time. Sold my sled for what I paid 3 years ago, figured why not at this point - crazy covid prices. First time in 30 years without a sled. Will be looking for another one for next year. Really missed getting out for sure.  

Man that's awful, wishing you and your wife nothing but the best :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, brother groove said:

0 klm this year, wife suffered 2 brain aneurisms and 3 brain surgeries later I was unable to really leave her for any extended amount of time. Sold my sled for what I paid 3 years ago, figured why not at this point - crazy covid prices. First time in 30 years without a sled. Will be looking for another one for next year. Really missed getting out for sure.  

Tough stuff I wish her and yourself well

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brother groove said:

0 klm this year, wife suffered 2 brain aneurisms and 3 brain surgeries later I was unable to really leave her for any extended amount of time. Sold my sled for what I paid 3 years ago, figured why not at this point - crazy covid prices. First time in 30 years without a sled. Will be looking for another one for next year. Really missed getting out for sure.  

 

5 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Man that's awful, wishing you and your wife nothing but the best :thumbsup:

 

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

X2

x3....shitty news, also wishing for brighter days ahead.

 

@irv- Need to get out and enjoy what you can, when you can......no excuses. You have sleds, trailer, money & time - get'er done!

Otherwise, just an awesome year to have sold them, crazy market.....basically had my sled sold in less than a day a week or so ago, and for a lot more than I would have imagined, just nuts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a decent year, would have preferred more miles, but the miles I did put on, were great and for the most part, pretty good conditions all things considered .

Always feel like I am missing something when no out of town trips are done through the season.

Cannot wait for next season though for two reasons, finally planning to bring my kids on some day trips with me, possibly longer, see how it goes with them and have a new sled on order!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

lol IRV takes a beating.

Give IRV a break he has been campaigning for Freedomsledder this winter,  he has been very busy calling out people from his basement.

 

:lmao: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stoney said:

 

Cannot wait for next season though for two reasons, finally planning to bring my kids on some day trips with me, possibly longer, see how it goes with them and have a new sled on order!

That will be fun :bounce:how old are they

Link to post
Share on other sites

She is 8 and he turns 7 this week. 
Usually take them on Simcoe for shorter rides, this year was the first year my son didn’t fall asleep. 
So planning on taking them further north where I normally ride now that I think they are old enough and will have a 1+1 seat on the new ride, so that’ll make it easier and more comfortable for everyone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Stoney said:

She is 8 and he turns 7 this week. 
Usually take them on Simcoe for shorter rides, this year was the first year my son didn’t fall asleep. 
So planning on taking them further north where I normally ride now that I think they are old enough and will have a 1+1 seat on the new ride, so that’ll make it easier and more comfortable for everyone.

 

I sledded for years with a neighbour that had young kids about yours ages,  kids could go all day and I don't know how my buddy rode for so long with the child in front of him.

Safer in front of you for sure

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

I sledded for years with a neighbour that had young kids about yours ages,  kids could go all day and I don't know how my buddy rode for so long with the child in front of him.

Safer in front of you for sure

 

 

I’m not sure yet how it’ll be with them behind me, so far only been in front and not ideal anymore that they are bigger.  
We will see how they and I feel with them behind, with a back rest and handles to hang on too, I’m thinking all will be good, but we’ll see. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I sledded for years with a neighbour that had young kids about yours ages,  kids could go all day and I don't know how my buddy rode for so long with the child in front of him.

Safer in front of you for sure

 

 

My son flew off the back of my Yamaha in a two up seat and landed in a snowbank back when he was 8, in front after that.:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My son flew off the back of my Yamaha in a two up seat and landed in a snowbank back when he was 8, in front after that.:lol:

YIPES!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol

×
×
  • Create New...